PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Gerry1956
08-03-2018, 23:56
Hi all, I'm Gerry, looking forward to getting to know you and learn a little about the wonderful world of hi-fi.
I was born and bred in and around Middlesbrough which is in the beautiful county of North Yorkshire in the north east of England.
Don't have a great deal of equipment at the moment as I am in the process of doing up my house. Currently I have a NAD C325BEE amp, a pair of Monitor Audio RB2 Bronze speakers and an old Toshiba DVD player which has seen much better days. My first plan is to rip my CDs to FLAC and get a Raspberry Pi + Allo Boss DAC which should provide a much needed improvement in quality.
My music tastes are quite varied but my main likes are bands such as Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, Iron Maiden then I veer off to Isao Tomita, Jean Michel Jarre going via a nice bit of classical.
I used to play quite a few video games but now I've past 60 I can't keep up with these young 'uns who were born with a joystick in their hands so I leave it to them. I enjoy a bit of model making or I will when I get the house finished.
Almost midnight so I will leave it there and look forward to getting to Know you all.

Gerry.

walpurgis
09-03-2018, 08:02
Hi Gerry. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here.

Feel free to join in and chat with everybody.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
12-03-2018, 11:19
Welcome Gerry.. Sure you will enjoy the forum:)

Audio Al
12-03-2018, 11:28
Hello Gerry and welcome :)

Barry
02-04-2018, 08:44
Hello Jerry - welcome to AoS.

Barry