PDA

View Full Version : best use for old records ?

Stratmangler
11-03-2010, 00:35
Just came across these and thought that it would be a good idea to do something similar to my vinyl record collection.
At least then I'd get some enjoyment out of the crackly old things:eyebrows:

http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.122614421.jpg

Chris;)

The Grand Wazoo
11-03-2010, 00:43
Forget about your enjoyment Chris - Give 'em to me, it'll be good for your soul!

Stratmangler
11-03-2010, 00:48
I'm waiting on Stan to come up with a DAC/Line stage preamp so as I can connect my TT back up.
I might just put the links back between the Pre and Power stages of my NAD integrated, so as to gain the ability to play records again.
Thing is, my digital stuff sounds great using my Caiman as preamp.

Chris:)

StanleyB
11-03-2010, 08:21
I'm waiting on Stan to come up with a DAC/Line stage preamp so as I can connect my TT back up.
Maybe later in the year.

Haselsh1
11-03-2010, 09:06
Bloody heathens... have you never heard of heritage...;)

Stratmangler
11-03-2010, 10:06
Maybe later in the year.

:stalks:

:mex::mex::mex::mex:

Stratmangler
11-03-2010, 10:28
Bloody heathens... have you never heard of heritage...;)

:eyebrows:

lovejoy
11-03-2010, 13:46
Crackly old things?

A few minutes on a good record cleaner will sort that out. If there's anything you can't replace in there I'd be happy to transfer them to something digital for you, seeing as I'm in the needledrop zone at the moment. All done at high sampling rates of course ;-).

Stratmangler
11-03-2010, 14:42
Crackly old things?

A few minutes on a good record cleaner will sort that out. If there's anything you can't replace in there I'd be happy to transfer them to something digital for you, seeing as I'm in the needledrop zone at the moment. All done at high sampling rates of course ;-).

Thanks for the offer Rich - I'm perfectly capable of recording needledrops myself thank you.
In fact my editing skills with the resultant files are excellent, even if I do say it myself.;)

I just wondered how many fish would bite:eyebrows:

Chris:)

DanJennings
11-03-2010, 14:46
I saw a girl at a Regina Spektor concert, who had a handbag made of two LPs moulded together with a handle, it looked pretty good, but I thought it would be a bit rude to try and read what records they were...

Peter Galbavy
11-03-2010, 16:41
Maybe later in the year.

I'm cheering too. And Stan, since I only live a couple of miles away I am very happy to be a beta testers :-)

:eek::ner:

MartinT
11-03-2010, 19:21
Chris, I think you've been hoodwinked mate. You'll never track those properly, even with a Shure V15-III.

Chris
12-03-2010, 09:38
On the tram the other day I saw a dolly bird (remember them ?) with a bag made up of 2 vinyls and she had somehow drilled holes around the edges and had "sewn" them with thick twine to a centre piece of wool/cloth. The end result looked like a sort of round, flattish hatbox arrangement with a long shoulder strap. I even took a photo of it/her with my Mobile. I´ll have a look to see if I´ve still got it.

P.S. I think they were Dylan records so it´s all right.