PDA

View Full Version : Just joined the forum and information requested about Son of Beast OTL

dpgals
04-03-2018, 20:00
Dear all

I have just joined the forum as a newby. I have a long interest in the reproduction of music in the home and my system consists of Garrard 401, SME V Van den Hul Colibri, Lector phono stage, Raspberry PI - IQ audio DAC streamer, own build high quality passive pre in Leak Pre-amp case, Leak Stereo 20, Quad ELS 57s and a REL Strata V subwoofer and mighty fine it sounds too. I saw recently an advert for the Transcendent Sound Son of Beast OTL and thought it looked really interesting and a good match of the 57s. I saw that Thermionic Idler has built an amp I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on how the amp is to build and live with.

Look forward to contributing to posts where I feel I can make a useful contribution.

Kind regards

David

walpurgis
05-03-2018, 09:01
Hello David. Welcome to AOS.

The Stereo 20 and ESL's is a bit of a classic vintage combination.

If you have questions about an amp, I'd suggest starting a thread in the Blank Canvas section and asking.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
05-03-2018, 09:04
Hi David. Welcome to the site. hope you find it useful:)

dpgals
05-03-2018, 09:22
The Leak and the QUAD 57s do seem to be a match made in heaven. I had a 2500 pound Lejonklou power amplifier round yesterday to try out on the system and it just did not do it for me. No emotion, too clean and nice. The sort of sound that you would be "fond" of but not really love with passion. That is what drives me with the hi-fi - passion to get the emotion that the musicians put across so lovingly in the studio translated into my front room! That is why I am keen to hear the Son of Beast amp since from what people say on the net puts across the emotions supremely.

There was a tread in 2013 but I will start a new one shortly. Thanks for the suggestion and if you are ever near York pop in for a listen!

David

Barry
05-03-2018, 10:52
Welcome to AoS David,

That's a fine system you have put together.

Hope you are able to find some answers to your enquiry - it's possible that some members here may be able to help.

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
Barry

Spectral Morn
05-03-2018, 10:56
Welcome to AoS :cool:

dpgals
05-03-2018, 11:00
Dear all

I have now put some pictures of my system on the Gallery page : see http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?57138-Classic-British-Hi-fi

Hope you enjoy them!

David