PDA

View Full Version : cant get master audio or true hd

09mike69
28-02-2018, 20:51
just got a 2nd hand blu ray player but it will not output dts master audio or dolby true hd. my receiver can decode these formats, i've tried factory reset, firmware update and turning off the bd secondary audio but this hasnt worked. it will play DD 5.1, dts 5.1, 6.1 dts-ex. but no master audio.
anyone had this problem. is it software, or failed component. driving me nuts.. :scratch:
panasonic dmp bdt130 3D blu ray player into onkyo tx sr 606 av using high speed hdmi cable.
any help suggestions very welcome.
cheers
Mike.

JimC
28-02-2018, 21:43
Have you tried changing the Digital Audio Output Mode?
Try either PCM or Bitstream, one may work, the other won't. See pages 31 and 32 of the Instructions.

This might help.

Cheers,

Jim.

09mike69
01-03-2018, 09:56
Have you tried changing the Digital Audio Output Mode?
Try either PCM or Bitstream, one may work, the other won't. See pages 31 and 32 of the Instructions.

This might help.

Cheers,

Jim.

i have but no luck. the manual also says to turn bd secondary audio off when using bitstream and this will output hd audio, but this makes no difference whether its on or off. i'll contact panasonic. but im starting to think its a component thats failed, its performing like the bd secondary audio wont turn off.
thanks
Mike.

09mike69
01-03-2018, 12:22
well, i tried the blu ray on another av receiver and it played master audio. must be a setting on the onkyo that needs changing, strange tho cos it decoded master audio using a ps3.
cheers
Mike.

JimC
01-03-2018, 20:18
Weird. Does sound like a 'Language' thing though.
Can't remember what ONKYO stuff preffers. Let us know how you get on.

J.

09mike69
05-03-2018, 10:27
Weird. Does sound like a 'Language' thing though.
Can't remember what ONKYO stuff preffers. Let us know how you get on.

J.

i will, just gotta muster up the will-power to set it all up again :doh:
i think the onkyo has the usual hdmi board fault, some of the functions only work when its on master audio, eg can only operate the audio speaker settings when its on hd audio :scratch:
could be why its not working with the blu ray. or not.
either way its got me puzzled, shame cos the onkyo sounds very good.
cheers
Mike.