PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Whitstable.

dajoth
12-02-2018, 15:56
I'm Dave I live in Whitstable, Kent in the UK with my wife and family.

I had loads of 'records' as a younger man and listened to them avidly, but as time passed these disappeared. I have collected CD's over the last 25 years, replacing many of the lost records. But I haven't had a decent CD player for a while. My youngest daughter recently took me into HMV and I found their 'vinyl' collection and things have snowballed from there.

I collect much of the stuff I had as a twenty year old, second hand and new. I re-buy long lost records, buy things that interested me then and collect new stuff that interests me now. I have bought two Imagination albums recently, so I have very little self control!

My system is as follows:-

Technics 1210 turntable with an Audio Technica AT440mlb MM cartridge. I have a rewired Rega RB250 I plan to fit.
NAD 3130 amplifier.
Rotel RCD 9658X CD player.
Yamaha WXAD-10 streamer.
Monitor Audio Bronze B4 floor standing speakers.
All held together with a collection mid-range cables.

My plan for the future is to Fit the Rega tonearm and maybe an external PSU, now I have seen the advice thread here. Along with collecting more vinyl.

Thank you for letting me join.
Dave

Hammer
12-02-2018, 16:01
Hi Dave Welcome from a fellow Kent member

walpurgis
13-02-2018, 08:48
Hello Dave. Welcome to AOS.

You've come to the right place if you like Technics tuirntables. I take it you've seen our Techiepedia section? http://theartofsound.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?46-The-Techiepedia

Tell us what music you listen to and what other future plans you may have for your Hi-Fi.

Feel free to join in the chat, it's a friendly place.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

prestonchipfryer
13-02-2018, 09:14
Hello and welcome to the AoS, the friendliest forum bar none. Good luck with your Techie upgrade path. Well worth the effort. :)

struth
13-02-2018, 09:31
welcome Dave. good to hear you've started re-amassing your old records. good move and nice to have a few different ways to make music shine

dajoth
13-02-2018, 13:47
Hi there all.

I seem to mostly collect music from the 1980's. It came as a bit of a surprise, I was watching a repeat of a 1985 Top of The Pops and I had something from most of those performing. I do enjoy the music of the band Japan and the solo stuff by its members, along with heavier work by PIL, Killing Joke and Bauhaus. Mixed with a sprinkling of Blues from the likes of SRV and Joe Bonamassa.

My Hifi is set up in our living room, it was up a corner, but I convinced Mrs T that it needed moving so it had pride of place on a stand by the TV, so the sound now fills the room. With regards to my plans for the Technics 1210 I have mentioned I have a Rega RB250 with a plan to fit shortly. I am also looking at an external PSU, from the likes of Paul Hynes, Origin Live or MCRU. I have built guitar valve amps in the past so doing the work myself does not faze me. And I am well aware that I will end up spending enough money to have bought a high end modern turntable. But I do love to tinker!

Once that is done I'm not too sure. But I imagine something interesting will catch my eye.

Dave

The Black Adder
16-02-2018, 10:28
Welcome to AOS, Dave :)