PDA

View Full Version : FS: Musical Fidelity V-DAC and Raspberry Pi/Hifiberry DIGI+(incl. Volumio on SD card)

Sherwood
04-02-2018, 15:13
OK, I've been putting it off for too long. I need to curtail my hoarding tendencies and focus on my core system. The impetus for action is my taking up a new long term overseas post in a few months. I have gradually been disposing of furniture and household items, and once some repairs and refurbishments are completed, the house is going up for sale.

This time around I am aiming to minimise the amount going into long term storage: frankly, it's too expensive, not least the insurance. I can't quite bring myself to part with my Linn LP12 and my Art Audio Quintet valve power amp, but much of my current system will be up for grabs. Some items are already being eyed greedily by friends, but the rest has to go. Some items are easier to part with as I do not use them anymore.

First up, my Musical Fidelity V-DAC. This was only used for a short time and is in "as new" condition. I don't have the original box, but will find something sturdy to pack it in. To go with an RPI streamer.

I have been listening to the V-DAC for the last few days in my main system with a Raspberry Pi 2B/Hifiberry Digi+ as the source and it sounds very good indeed. I am looking to sell the two items as a pair, with the Pi/Digi+ coming with an SD card with Volumio pre-configured. It's effectively plug and play: just connect up to your system and broadband, and then type in the IP address for Volumio to access a very friendly user interface on any phone, tablet or pc connected to your broadband.

A great way to get into digital streaming for a low outlay.

Looking for £110 for the pair plus delivery at cost.

Keep an eye out for more items coming up as I get around to photographing and pricing.

Geoff