PDA

View Full Version : Bit of an Odd one this... (1210 related)

The Vinyl Adventure
03-03-2010, 16:03
couple of days ago i bought i set of technics 1210 bits off ebay, everything included that is needed to build a complete deck apart from a tonearm and feet. i will have a spare tonearm soon and as this set of kit was £45 it seemed like a good oportunity... especially as a mate of mine is in the market for one and is up for having a go at helping my put it together (thankfully it comes with a service manual)

the main problem is the top is a bit tatty .. but i have been thinking of getting mine resprayed a snazzy colour so that top would make a good donor for that job. that would then free up my top bit for the build for my mate

just had a chat with a mate in the know and he informs me that he can get it stripped and powder coated for me in any colour of the rainbow ... does that sound like a good idea? it wont do anything that might jepodise function... i cant think how it could but it seems sencible to ask first just incase

--------------- -------------- ------------- ---------------

Dave C - i just phoned to ask the above, but also to ask if we get completely buggered putting this table back together what you would charge to do it and fit my tonearm on it!

twelvebears
03-03-2010, 18:21
couple of days ago i bought i set of technics 1210 bits off ebay, everything included that is needed to build a complete deck apart from a tonearm and feet. i will have a spare tonearm soon and as this set of kit was £45 it seemed like a good oportunity... especially as a mate of mine is in the market for one and is up for having a go at helping my put it together (thankfully it comes with a service manual)

the main problem is the top is a bit tatty .. but i have been thinking of getting mine resprayed a snazzy colour so that top would make a good donor for that job. that would then free up my top bit for the build for my mate

just had a chat with a mate in the know and he informs me that he can get it stripped and powder coated for me in any colour of the rainbow ... does that sound like a good idea? it wont do anything that might jepodise function... i cant think how it could but it seems sencible to ask first just incase

--------------- -------------- ------------- ---------------

Dave C - i just phoned to ask the above, but also to ask if we get completely buggered putting this table back together what you would charge to do it and fit my tonearm on it!

Providing the power coat doesn't gum up anything which makes reassembaly difficiult, I can't see any reason not to go ahead.

Hope you're going for a suitably 'IN YER FACE' shade? Metal-flake purple perhaps? :eyebrows:

Tarzan
03-03-2010, 18:52
What about those 1210 drop over covers for £35 or such from Hard to find Records, available in many colours l believe, l have a tatty SL1200 and am thinking of doing this.

The Vinyl Adventure
03-03-2010, 19:37
Providing the power coat doesn't gum up anything which makes reassembaly difficiult, I can't see any reason not to go ahead.

Hope you're going for a suitably 'IN YER FACE' shade? Metal-flake purple perhaps? :eyebrows:

Erm... Yeah.... That's exactly the sort if colour I was thinking of... How odd
loosly inspired by pair pair of Zu speakers someone on here owns... can't remember who just now...
It gonna look BLING!!!

I'm going for a pint with the chap who can sort it for me in a bit so I'm going to ask him what he thinks about finish etc as he has a pretty good amout of expereience with this sort of thing!

The Vinyl Adventure
03-03-2010, 19:39
What about those 1210 drop over covers for £35 or such from Hard to find Records, available in many colours l believe, l have a tatty SL1200 and am thinking of doing this.

yeah, I had thought of those before, but they seem pretty pointless for me to pay £35 for a cover when I can get a paint job for free...
When I get it done il ask them how much it would normally cost and if they would do other peoples if you like!

YNWaN
03-03-2010, 19:54
Acid green with a gold flake.

Or a very bright orange.

The Vinyl Adventure
03-03-2010, 20:01
Acid green with a gold flake.

yeah, bling im after, i dont want to be sick everytime i walk in the room though

Or a very bright orange.

id did think that.. there are a pair of home sprayed ones on ebay....

Tarzan
03-03-2010, 23:58
If it is a Freddy Freemans and a custom job, then go for it and send some piccys:).

The Vinyl Adventure
04-03-2010, 00:12
Pics will follow for sure!!
My Mate in the know is going to enquire for me about some exiding sparkly paint jobs tomorrow.

The Vinyl Adventure
23-03-2010, 19:03
the spare top has just gne to be stripped, the boss of the place that does it wasnt there today so i couldnt find out about colours... ... should find out tomorrow though... going to try and go for something suitably outragous - metal flake or pearlesant :)

The Vinyl Adventure
26-03-2010, 15:19
iv gone for a sparkly metalic cobalt blue - sorta like this

http://www.artoo-detoo.net/gallery/d/1205-2/duplicolor_test1.jpg