PDA

View Full Version : SCOTT NANGLE AUDIO LTD - now dissolved

CageyH
25-01-2018, 22:04
I have just found out that SCOTT NANGLE AUDIO LTD was dissolved on 19 December 2017.

The website looks like it is still active, so I just thought I would let people know.

hifinutt
25-01-2018, 22:55
thanks for letting us know , daytona [ at least i think that was name] was very active on here once and always helpful in advice

montesquieu
25-01-2018, 22:59
Interesting as I got a promo email from snvinyl - labelled Scott Nangle Audio on the pages themselves - on 18th Jan.

And as you say the web site - record side and hifi side - is still going.

struth
25-01-2018, 23:01
I got one too I think this month again

Gazjam
26-01-2018, 06:24
Same.

Business aside, Hope the guys ok, always got on with him.

CageyH
26-01-2018, 06:34
I never like to see this happen to any business, but having received the same e-mail I came across a comment on trust pilot which I verified on the UK.gov website.

Macca
26-01-2018, 07:58
Doesn't mean he is not still trading. Just not as a Limited Company. Makes no difference from the buyer's perspective.

CageyH
26-01-2018, 10:47
So if you place an order on his website, who are you placing the order with, and is there any obligation for it to be fulfilled?

argyle
26-01-2018, 11:33
Solely based on what reviews and comments I have read (and therefore could be malicious), was there any more chance of receiving your stuff BEFORE the company was dissolved?

Audio Al
26-01-2018, 11:53
Glad I kept away

Marco
26-01-2018, 11:57
Indeed... The question that has to be asked is: is it currently safe to place an order, in terms of the likelihood of the item(s) ordered being delivered?

I like Scott, as a person, but given his track record on unfulfilled orders before this happened (due simply to being grossly disorganised), one would have to conclude that the dissolution situation now is unlikely to have improved matters.

I may try contacting him and seeing what he has to say.

Marco.

Macca
26-01-2018, 12:05
So if you place an order on his website, who are you placing the order with, and is there any obligation for it to be fulfilled?

Yes. The limited company being dissolved is irrelevant to that.

Marco
26-01-2018, 12:40
Just had a reply from Scott, as follows:

Hi Marco

just off the phone with a customer & he just mentioned this post in the last week minutes
can,t view the AOS website on my browser

Recent problems with my accountant poor health & will be recitified with new accountant
all is well ! & Still in business
happy 2018

rgds
scott

Seems all is well.

Marco.

CageyH
26-01-2018, 13:09
Interesting indeed.

CageyH
26-01-2018, 15:27
Yes. The limited company being dissolved is irrelevant to that.

I am no expert in these matter, but I am wary of the situation based on a little research after Macca said it makes no difference.

10.3 Assets of a dissolved company
From the date of dissolution, any assets of a dissolved company will be ‘bona vacantia’. Bona vacantia means ‘vacant goods’ and is the technical name for property that passes to the Crown because it does not have a legal owner. The company’s bank account will be frozen and any credit balance in the account will be passed to the Crown. from https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/company-strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration/strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration

What do you mean by compulsory dissolution?
Compulsory Dissolution Definition: A firm is compulsory dissolved: by the adjudication as insolvent of all the partners or of all the partners but one, or. by the happening of any event which makes it unlawful for the business of the firm to be carried on or for the partners to carry it on in partnership.

Macca
26-01-2018, 17:45
I am no expert in these matter, but I am wary of the situation based on a little research after Macca said it makes no difference.

from https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/company-strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration/strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration

I do this sort of thing for a living. If you placed an order after the date of dissolution then you did not place it with the dissolved company. Consequently whoever you did place the order with is bound by contract regardless of whether it is a limited company, non limited company or just some bloke.