PDA

View Full Version : Dr Feickert Turntables

Lee Henley
24-01-2018, 13:29
Hi gang

Anyone using a Dr Feickert TT at all, Ive been looking at the Blackbird model recently and was wondering if anyone on here has had one or still has a Dr F turntable, would be interested to hear what you had to say about them.

Lee

Beobloke
26-01-2018, 12:46
I've reviewed a couple of them and been very impressed by both - Dr. F knows his stuff!

Unfortunately, I'm not sure they have official UK distribution at the moment.

Lee Henley
26-01-2018, 16:58
I've reviewed a couple of them and been very impressed by both - Dr. F knows his stuff!

Unfortunately, I'm not sure they have official UK distribution at the moment.

Hi Adam

Thanks for the response, I spoke to Dr F and your right mate no U.K. outlet at the moment, which makes it difficult for me to make any decision especially at the asking price of £5k

Lee

Cycleallday
28-01-2018, 11:16
If you fancy one

https://2ndhandhifi.co.uk/product/feickert-twin-tt-heavy-platter/

Good company and also trades new as Turntable World

Mel

Lee Henley
28-01-2018, 17:17
Hi Mel

Yes I saw that one from what I can gather 5hey no longer make that one but it did catch my eye. I’ll drop Chris an email at Feickert and ask him about that particular TT, although I did quite fancy the Blackbird TT

Very best

Lee

Beobloke
29-01-2018, 12:50
Funnily enough, the Twin was one of the ones I reviewed, and it's a very good deck. The only complaint I had with it was that the Jelco-based arm it was supplied with for review was good but it deserved better!

As an aside, you can buy with confidence from 2ndhandhifi. Simon Griffin's a top fella.

Cycleallday
01-02-2018, 22:12
Funnily enough, the Twin was one of the ones I reviewed, and it's a very good deck. The only complaint I had with it was that the Jelco-based arm it was supplied with for review was good but it deserved better!

As an aside, you can buy with confidence from 2ndhandhifi. Simon Griffin's a top fella.

Simon is indeed trustworthy and I have had dealings with him for many years.

Just this week (last Saturday) I had some kit to sell and fancied a new item. Via email a deal was quickly agreed and then I had to work out how to send a nice valve amp 300 miles north. No problem Simon asked if I’d be in on Thursday (am) as he would deliver and collect. Today (Thursday) I am less the valve amp but have another more modern toy thanks to his excellent service. I also sold a it more kit when he arrived. He was then heading off to Bristol I think - a good and fair dealer in my experience.

Mel

Lee Henley
02-02-2018, 09:16
Ive now decided that the Feickert TT is no longer for me, I have been approached by a dealer in the UK who has sold his demo model and wont be getting any more demo models until the Munich hiend show has been completed. I am now looking at alternate options and have my eye on a possible project involving a Lenco GL75, I quite like the idea of doing the PTP plate option and to date have not had an idler turntable on the rack

Cheers guys

Ammonite Audio
02-02-2018, 15:57
Ive now decided that the Feickert TT is no longer for me, I have been approached by a dealer in the UK who has sold his demo model and wont be getting any more demo models until the Munich hiend show has been completed. I am now looking at alternate options and have my eye on a possible project involving a Lenco GL75, I quite like the idea of doing the PTP plate option and to date have not had an idler turntable on the rack

Cheers guys

One of my customers bought a new PTP Lenco, with Corian plinth and Thomas Schick tonearm, direct from PTP in Holland, and I set it up for him. Rarely have I heard something sound so 'right' straight out of the box. A new PTP is not a cheap thing, but actually in the greater scheme of things analogue, I reckon it's rather good value.

Lee Henley
03-02-2018, 12:01
I’ve only heard good things about the PTP Lenco, still ain’t heard one yet. I’m more than tempted to have ago at doing my own rather than importing a complete unit from Holland

bonzo
04-02-2018, 17:11
My report on the Feickert Firebird http://zero-distortion.org/reed-idlerfeickert-firebirdpluto-12athales-blumenhofer/

And on the PTP Lenco http://zero-distortion.org/ptp-lenco-12-and-nottingham-dais/

Lee Henley
04-02-2018, 20:29
My report on the Feickert Firebird http://zero-distortion.org/reed-idlerfeickert-firebirdpluto-12athales-blumenhofer/

And on the PTP Lenco http://zero-distortion.org/ptp-lenco-12-and-nottingham-dais/

Read them many times mate and I’ve know come to my senses that the PTP is the way forward, I may even be brave and have ago at doing one myself

Parkie37
10-03-2018, 07:47
Read them many times mate and I’ve know come to my senses that the PTP is the way forward, I may even be brave and have ago at doing one myself

Hi Lee

Aside from the glowing review in Stereophile from Art Dudley, I believe that David Cope (former Audio Show demonstrator) is the proud owner of a fairly new PTP 12. He has heard a lot of gear over the years at all,of the various audio shows and really likes the PTP.

Pretty good endorsement I would say!

Lee Henley
10-03-2018, 15:00
Hi Don

Since my last post on here I went and brought a Lenco GL 75 in very good condition just to get myself familiarised with the sound of a idler driven Lenco, so far in its original format I quite like what I’m hearing and it’s only playing with a Shure MM cart so when I get it fully tricked out I think it will be a keeper for sure, they have an addictive sound to say the least especially on original Blue Note Mono jazz and Decca LXT Mono recordings, I’m more than impressed so far

Lee

Parkie37
11-03-2018, 02:53
Hi Don

Since my last post on here I went and brought a Lenco GL 75 in very good condition just to get myself familiarised with the sound of a idler driven Lenco, so far in its original format I quite like what I’m hearing and it’s only playing with a Shure MM cart so when I get it fully tricked out I think it will be a keeper for sure, they have an addictive sound to say the least especially on original Blue Note Mono jazz and Decca LXT Mono recordings, I’m more than impressed so far

Lee

All of that Blue Note jazz stuff is some of my very favourite. I can imagine how enjoyable that would be! I spent some time a fellow audiophile's house who owned the big Tannoy WRSEs and a Garrard 301 with an SPU cartridge, run through vintage Mac gear and it was really, really musically rewarding.

Don