PDA

View Full Version : !!!!!!!!!!! Bloody Hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audio Al
23-01-2018, 13:10
Well what can I say , I'm really shocked , yes I am

Last year I notced a Bargains on ebay thread re a pair of Goodmans Mezzo speakers

for sale on a buy it now for £12 :eek: , so being a bargin / boot sale hunter with nothing better to do , I pressed the BIN button :eyebrows:

Collected then and did nothing with them , typical me :doh:

Out of curiosity last week I thought I wonder :scratch: if they are any good , Went upstairs found them put them on my Target R2 stands , found some tiny thin door bell type speaker wires make unknown

Fired them up and :eek: good god whats happened I must have wired up the wrong speakers :scratch:

Nope its defiantly the Mezzo's , They sound incredible , aparently they are the very early late 1960's model with the vinyl mounted tweeters
The soundstage presentation trebble mid and bass are all spot on georgeous :)

Am I happy with them , You bet I am :D

I cant stop listening to them , boy o boy :)

Jimbo
23-01-2018, 13:13
I heard Firebottles Mezzos and Yep they are great speakers.

Pieoftheday
23-01-2018, 13:16
Well what can I say , I'm really shocked , yes I am

Last year I notced a Bargains on ebay thread re a pair of Goodmans Mezzo speakers

for sale on a buy it now for £12 :eek: , so being a bargin / boot sale hunter with nothing better to do , I pressed the BIN button :eyebrows:

Collected then and did nothing with them , typical me :doh:

Out of curiosity last week I thought I wonder :scratch: if they are any good , Went upstairs found them put them on my Target R2 stands , found some tiny thin door bell type speaker wires make unknown

Fired them up and :eek: good god whats happened I must have wired up the wrong speakers :scratch:

Nope its defiantly the Mezzo's , They sound incredible , aparently they are the very early late 1960's model with the vinyl mounted tweeters
The soundstage presentation trebble mid and bass are all spot on georgeous :)

Am I happy with them , You bet I am :D

I cant stop listening to them , boy o boy :)

Who says you can't buy happiness:) 12quid,nice one!!

Audio Al
23-01-2018, 13:17
Anita Baker Rapture playing through them now :eyebrows:

Macca
23-01-2018, 13:19
I heard Firebottles Mezzos and Yep they are great speakers.

Didn't Alan do some mods to them? They were very good, though, I think someone who heard them at MiBO had his arm off for them when he put them up for sale.

walpurgis
23-01-2018, 14:06
Glad you like 'em Al. Some old speakers do sing. My AR4Xa's did. As of course do my KEF Corellis (they're bloody amazing! :)). Can't not mention Tannoys, or Dynaco. Wouldn't mind tracking down some late KEF Concertos either.

Jimbo
23-01-2018, 15:22
Didn't Alan do some mods to them? They were very good, though, I think someone who heard them at MiBO had his arm off for them when he put them up for sale.

I think he did, he will be along later hopeful to mention them.

Firebottle
23-01-2018, 18:10
Yes I changed the tweeters and adjusted the crossovers, but I can't remember what I put in now :scratch: