PDA

View Full Version : Tenuto is coming tomorrow.

Boyse6748
17-01-2018, 17:49
I’ve never been so excited about anything hi-fi! Apart from this bit of kit. I guess it depends on what deck you have? If your an old git like me.... it’s either an SP10 or a Denon DP80..... for me it’s the latter.

No comments please!!!! ( sorry no 301 or 401s)

Anyway, the icing on the cake is the ARCHE’ head shell and the double icing is the Tunento.

I know one other in our forum, how already owns and had many months with the Tunento...... and is very pleased.

For me this is new ground..... as I thought I already had the best available ( in my opinion) and how could it be better?

Anyway, more to come !!!! Perhaps happiness or not?? I have discovered that music is sometimes a state of mind.

Any thoughts?.....?

Sorry... meant to say .....

McIntosh MA2275
Revolver Cygnus
McIntosh SACD 550 + DAC
Dynavector 101 FM / + Sluth
Pioneer RT909 Tape Deck (Sorry) “Just love it”
Other bits not worth mentioning.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

paulf-2007
17-01-2018, 17:54
I’ve never been so excited about anything hi-fi! Apart from this bit of kit. I guess it depends on what deck you have? If your an old git like me.... it’s either an SP10 or a Denon DP80..... for me it’s the latter.

No comments please!!!! ( sorry no 301 or 401s)

Anyway, the icing on the cake is the ARCHE’ head shell and the double icing is the Tunento.

I know one other in our forum, how already owns and had many months with the Tunento...... and is very pleased.

For me this is new ground..... as I thought I already had the best available ( in my opinion) and how could it be better?

Anyway, more to come !!!! Perhaps happiness or not?? I have discovered that music is sometimes a state of mind.

Any thoughts?.....?

Sorry... meant to say .....

McIntosh MA2275
Revolver Cygnus
McIntosh SACD 550 + DAC
Dynavector 101 FM / + Sluth
Pioneer RT909 Tape Deck (Sorry) “Just love it”
Other bits not worth mentioning.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalki hope it works for you Peter, mine is just a lowly copper mat but I find it's far better than the rubber mat. Anyway, speak for yourself about old gits having sp10 or DP80, I'll have you know I'm a sprightly 63 and a bit:)
Oh and it's tenuto unless you bought the Chinese knock off

Bigman80
17-01-2018, 17:56
Great stuff, in my system the Tenuto platter mat was a revelation. I love mine and it's been in situ since I bought it. Can't wait to hear what you think!!!!

PS, 37 ain't old is it???? 🤣

Boyse6748
17-01-2018, 17:56
I always bow down to a younger individual [emoji41]

Boyse6748
17-01-2018, 17:59
Also, I meant to say........ why does it take 70 years to discover real HI - FI?......?

Bollocks, I going to be dead soon !

Bigman80
17-01-2018, 18:04
Also, I meant to say........ why does it take 70 years to discover real HI - FI?......?

Bollocks, I going to be dead soon !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk🤣🤣 the experience of the older guys makes the journey shorter for the younger guys. If you follow the advise that is!

Boyse6748
17-01-2018, 18:07
A meaningful experience......I just hate old gits..... but unfortunately I’m one!!!

Bigman80
17-01-2018, 18:18
A meaningful experience......I just hate old gits..... but unfortunately I’m one!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk🤣🤣🤣

Boyse6748
17-01-2018, 18:23
🤣🤣🤣

I thank you all for your comments.... I know this is not a debate on TT mats.... but they do make a difference..... especially, the Tunento.

struth
17-01-2018, 18:27
Why you old git hater you [emoji5]

Boyse6748
17-01-2018, 19:04
Only a response from you Grant.... as an old git heater !!!! Just love it [emoji7]

karma67
17-01-2018, 19:05
this thread reminds me that with the pioneer coming the subject of mats will have to be tackled again :( lol

Bigman80
17-01-2018, 19:09
this thread reminds me that with the pioneer coming the subject of mats will have to be tackled again :( lolLMFAO, there's nothing to tackle mate, wait for Boyse review (hopefully as positive as mine) then stump up the money for one. It's outstanding and worth every penny. Or not, let's see what he says [emoji23]

RobbieGong
17-01-2018, 19:26
this thread reminds me that with the pioneer coming the subject of mats will have to be tackled again :( lol

lol - Were in the same boat Jamie, Have the stock rubber mat, an acrylic and the Achromat to try out soon..... :rolleyes: :)

karma67
17-01-2018, 19:36
yep more ffing money! lol

RobbieGong
17-01-2018, 20:03
yep more ffing money! lol

Yep were in this game deep kid :lol:

Boyse6748
17-01-2018, 20:36
i hope it works for you Peter, mine is just a lowly copper mat but I find it's far better than the rubber mat. Anyway, speak for yourself about old gits having sp10 or DP80, I'll have you know I'm a sprightly 63 and a bit:)
Oh and it's tenuto unless you bought the Chinese knock off

It's certainly not A Chinese knock off. Purchased from Puresound (Guy Sargent) a genuine article. Something to be very proud of.

Sorry a typo...... If I miss-spelled the the item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigman80
17-01-2018, 20:37
It's certainly not A Chinese knock off. Purchased from Puresound (Guy Sargent) a genuine article. Something to be very proud of.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDon't worry mate, excitement for the brain moving faster than the fingers lol

Bigman80
17-01-2018, 20:38
Yep were in this game deep kid [emoji38]Get your credit cards out lol.

paulf-2007
17-01-2018, 21:04

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just kidding Peter

paulf-2007
17-01-2018, 21:07
Get your credit cards out lol.
You and Jamie need to slow down and evaluate before parting with your hard earned. You both seem to have been spending like there's no tomorrow.

Bigman80
17-01-2018, 21:17
You and Jamie need to slow down and evaluate before parting with your hard earned. You both seem to have been spending like there's no tomorrow.Lol, there may be no tomorrow!!!

Seriously, I've been doing a lot of listening, visiting others to listen and pulling the meat from the bones for a while now and the only thing I've bought blind for a bit was the Decca. It was only bought on the knowledge it'd be easy to move on if I didn't like it.

The difference is I know what I want to hear and know how to go about getting it. The last piece of my jigsaw will be some Hashimoto HM-3 to partner the Kontrapunkt b I've had on trial for weeks and now paid for.

Hashimotos, Denon HA-500, Bobs devices, Ortofon T5, Denon 320, A&R HA-10 and more have all been in my system to try and the Hashimoto HM-3 have it.

I've been very thorough [emoji6]

RobbieGong
17-01-2018, 21:58
Indeed - realised a long time ago that there has to come a point in this game when the meddling, spending and chasing has to stop and the just really enjoying the union of good system and good music begins.

That is absolutely my aim. Been a tough couple of years with one thing and the other needing sorting system wise but once she's up and running again it's gonna be nothing but playing tunes tunes tunes and more tunes for me -

Cause after all is said and done, it's all about the music at the end of the day ;)

Bigman80
17-01-2018, 22:27
Indeed - realised a long time ago that there has to come a point in this game when the meddling, spending and chasing has to stop and the just really enjoying the union of good system and good music begins.

That is absolutely my aim. Been a tough couple of years with one thing and the other needing sorting system wise but once she's up and running again it's gonna be nothing but playing tunes tunes tunes and more tunes for me -

Cause after all is said and done, it's all about the music at the end of the day ;)Bang on Robbie.

It's been a very quick and costly upgrade mission and I'm happy. Once the HM-3 go in, I'm done for a long time. I've exhausted the wife's patience so its coming together just in time [emoji23]

walpurgis
17-01-2018, 22:32
Just some Tannoys to go then? :D

Bigman80
17-01-2018, 22:47
Just some Tannoys to go then? :DLol, not for the foreseeable mate. These Pioneer speakers are a gift that keeps on giving.

paulf-2007
18-01-2018, 08:49
Lol, there may be no tomorrow!!!

Seriously, I've been doing a lot of listening, visiting others to listen and pulling the meat from the bones for a while now and the only thing I've bought blind for a bit was the Decca. It was only bought on the knowledge it'd be easy to move on if I didn't like it.

The difference is I know what I want to hear and know how to go about getting it. The last piece of my jigsaw will be some Hashimoto HM-3 to partner the Kontrapunkt b I've had on trial for weeks and now paid for.

Hashimotos, Denon HA-500, Bobs devices, Ortofon T5, Denon 320, A&R HA-10 and more have all been in my system to try and the Hashimoto HM-3 have it.

I've been very thorough [emoji6]ah I've obviously not being enough attention and you had method without madness.

paulf-2007
18-01-2018, 08:58

Cause after all is said and done, it's all about the music at the end of the day ;)im not sure it does stop Robbie, I've been playing about for ten years or so. Mostly DIYing while listening to what I had. Open baffles, front horns and box speakers made by yours truly. Also making tone arms and turntable plinths. I've been fairly settled for a while and then the Decca C4E came up so I eventually succumbed knowing it would be easy to move on. But I've got it singing in my set up so it's staying for the foreseeable. Never say never.

Marco
18-01-2018, 09:33
Great stuff, in my system the Tenuto platter mat was a revelation. I love mine and it's been in situ since I bought it. Can't wait to hear what you think!!!!

PS, 37 ain't old is it???? 🤣

Ah, now I know what Peter is talking about!! ;)

Enjoy...

Marco [previously hadn't a scooby what a "Tenuto" was].

struth
18-01-2018, 09:40
Ah, now I know what Peter is talking about!! ;)

Enjoy...

Marco [previously hadn't a scooby what a "Tenuto" was].

thought it was a new type of bra:D

Marco
18-01-2018, 09:57
Lol... Now, here's the thing: is it a "Tenuto", or (as per the thread title) a "Tunento"? :hmm:

If it's the former, then even Peter's not quite sure what it is! :D

Marco.

Boyse6748
18-01-2018, 12:08
Hi Marco,

I definitely know what it is ..... “Tenuto” is the correct name.

Unfortunately, it’s my typing that’s at fault.(picture below)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180118/d8a0a66d1034ed90805c716dccd119de.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180118/4b25d2afafe1ba5c563dec4f7e76190f.jpg

paulf-2007
18-01-2018, 13:34
Hi Marco,

I definitely know what it is ..... “Tenuto” is the correct name.

Unfortunately, it’s my typing that’s at fault.(picture below)n

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180118/d8a0a66d1034ed90805c716dccd119de.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180118/4b25d2afafe1ba5c563dec4f7e76190f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalklovely, it's a shame to cover it with a record. What's the verdict

Boyse6748
18-01-2018, 13:41
Utterly Gob smacked... that’s GOOD Gob smacked.

I won’t go over everything the Bigman80 (Oliver) has already said but I totally agree with his comments. It’s made this deck into a SUPER DECK.

+ the bling factor. Now I will sit back and enjoy the music !!

Peter

struth
18-01-2018, 13:44
Pretty pretty pretty

Marco
18-01-2018, 14:12
Nice one, Peter. Looks great! Aesthetically, I think it also suits your T/T.

Thread title now amended.

Enjoy :cool:

Marco.

Bigman80
18-01-2018, 15:22
Well, I'm not gonna say "told you so" [emoji6]

I am so pleased you've experienced that "gobsmacked" feeling. It was like that for me too. The more you use it, the more you will realise how good it is.

Looks fantastic on your TT mate. A truly stunning looking and sounding (I imagine) TT.

Congratulations [emoji4]

paulf-2007
18-01-2018, 15:27
Utterly Gob smacked... that’s GOOD Gob smacked.

I won’t go over everything the Bigman80 (Oliver) has already said but I totally agree with his comments. It’s made this deck into a SUPER DECK.

+ the bling factor. Now I will sit back and enjoy the music !!

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalkthey don't have a smug look emoticon on here otherwise I would use it. I thought that mat would be the icing on the cake, the only real difference between my deck and yours is the arm, but mine is no slouch. Super decks all round Peter and Oliver.
Is that a Benz wood SL Peter

Bigman80
18-01-2018, 15:34
they don't have a smug look emoticon on here otherwise I would use it. I thought that mat would be the icing on the cake, the only real difference between my deck and yours is the arm, but mine is no slouch. Super decks all round Peter and Oliver.
Is that a Benz wood SL Peter[emoji57] <smug?

Boyse6748
18-01-2018, 15:52
[emoji57] <smug?

PAUL, Indeed it is the Benz wood SL.

Many are not keen on this cartridge, perhaps it might be something to do with what arm is used and more importantly what phono stage. For me, it just does it perfectly.

I also have a couple of other carts... Koetsu Urushi black and a Denon 103 Pro.

For me, the all rounder is the Benz but I do treat myself with a few plays with the Koetsu Urushi Black when I feel the need but always frightened of what if I damage the cart.

A dear friend has the koetsu Jade for sale.... and keeps saying you need this........ but perhaps I need a hole in the head first and I don’t have £8k spare for a needle.

Peter

RobbieGong
18-01-2018, 16:28

Many are not keen on this cartridge, perhaps it might be something to do with what arm is used and more importantly what phono stage. For me, it just does it perfectly.

For me, the all rounder is the Benz but I do treat myself with a few plays with the Koetsu Urushi Black when I feel the need but always frightened of what if I damage the cart.

A dear friend has the koetsu Jade for sale.... and keeps saying you need this........ but perhaps I need a hole in the head first and I don’t have £8k spare for a needle.

Peter

:eek:

Ali Tait
18-01-2018, 17:46

The Hashimoto is very good, had one for a while. The Tribute I have now is better.

paulf-2007
18-01-2018, 17:46

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalki had a Benz wood SL and very nice it was, many say it's laid back and warm, I disagree, I found it very detailed and lively. I just fancied a change so it was sold to someone looking for one. Like you say arm/cart and phono stage matching is key, as with any cart.

Ali Tait
18-01-2018, 17:53
Benz are good, I use a Gullwing SLR.

Bigman80
18-01-2018, 18:00
The Hashimoto is very good, had one for a while. The Tribute I have now is better.Tribute? I imagine more money?

karma67
18-01-2018, 18:07

me too,ive been given great advice so far with the cartridge and head amp,the turntable frankly is a no brainer,i also sell what ever i dont use so i will recover funds.

Bigman80
18-01-2018, 18:10
me too,ive been given great advice so far with the cartridge and head amp,the turntable frankly is a no brainer,i also sell what ever i dont use so i will recover funds.I made a list last night to try and see how much money I've lost over the two year journey and to be fair I'm surprised to say, I have nearly broken even when buying, trying and selling.

There has been investment but I'm ok with what I've spent.

I'm at the place I want to be now so it's all good. [emoji1]

Ps, it was a long list [emoji23][emoji23]

walpurgis
18-01-2018, 18:14
Ah. That little itch that needs scratching will be along sooner or later Oliver. ;)

Bigman80
18-01-2018, 18:18
Ah. That little itch that needs scratching will be along sooner or later Oliver. ;)No mate, it can't come. I am having to change my job due to a reorganization of the Railway franchises and it's going to mean I have to take a £14kPa drop in wages. It's gutting but I can still keep the house going, keep us warm and feed the wife and kids so its not the end of the world. I knew his was a possibility a little while back so went on a ferocious upgrade mission with the hopes of being done in time for the change. Luckily, it's worked and I'm there. One last jigsaw piece in the way of a SUT and that's it. It has to be.

Boyse6748
18-01-2018, 18:19
Don’t get me wrong guys, the Benz is a super cart..... my mainstay cart. Just reading on this forum it appears not to be too popular! Don’t know why?

walpurgis
18-01-2018, 18:25
No mate, it can't come. I am having to change my job due to a reorganization of the Railway franchises and it's going to mean I have to take a £14kPa drop in wages. It's gutting but I can still keep the house going, keep us warm and feed the wife and kids so its not the end of the world. I knew his was a possibility a little while back so went on a ferocious upgrade mission with the hopes of being done in time for the change. Luckily, it's worked and I'm there. One last jigsaw piece in the way of a SUT and that's it. It has to be.

Sorry to hear that mate.

Bigman80
18-01-2018, 18:27
Sorry to hear that mate.It's OK mate, thanks. We've been through worse [emoji6]

Just not gonna be doing much in the way of buying and trying anymore BUT I get to listen to a fantastic sound [emoji3]

Ali Tait
18-01-2018, 19:09
Tribute? I imagine more money?

Paid 300 for mine secondhand.

paulf-2007
18-01-2018, 19:10
Don’t get me wrong guys, the Benz is a super cart..... my mainstay cart. Just reading on this forum it appears not to be too popular! Don’t know why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalkmaybe the reputation wrongly given that they are a pipe and slippers cart. That seemed to be the opinion on wigwam, I didn't find that to be the case at all. Benz were doing a good deal involving trading in any cart for a good discount. I was about to buy one when a rarely used one kept as a spare came up for sale so got a decent deal.

Bigman80
18-01-2018, 19:16
Paid 300 for mine secondhand.Doesn't seem to be any for sale anywhere. What makes it better Ali?

Ali Tait
18-01-2018, 19:45
Just sounded better in my system. I sold the Hashimoto, kept the Tribute. SUTs are a funny thing though, it’s all down to which sounds best with the cart you are using.

Tribute make some of the best audio transformers on the planet.

Bigman80
18-01-2018, 20:39
Just sounded better in my system. I sold the Hashimoto, kept the Tribute. SUTs are a funny thing though, it’s all down to which sounds best with the cart you are using.

Tribute make some of the best audio transformers on the planet.I've sent them an email to see what I can find out