Hardware
Avid Volvere SMEV
Paradise R3 / Tron Convergence
Pass Labs XP10
BK F5
Polk LSi15
Cables Ben's Klotz :thumbsup:/QED X tubes and same powermains from AGDA and B&U

Just a few hours listening to same vinyl
Started up whit Dark Side of the Moon and ended whit Black Sabbath and a few in between from Miles Davies Pavlov's Dogs and Virgin Prunes

After a few tracks the Convergence was left on ... Is it good ?
Firebottle I need a word whit you !!!! yes it is that good

I suppose the neighbours are happier now that it is over at 8.5 Volts output whit the V06 it was plenty loud.

Sorry for them, I have to do same room acoustic but not until spring, but look forward to same more.

I was hoping to get a pair of Maggies 1.7 on loan but that has been put off due Flue next time maybe

Nice meeting Ben we got to do this again ...
Any one near by just PM.

struth
12-01-2018, 14:37
Always good to see meet ups.

Macca
12-01-2018, 15:09
Whereabouts are you in Liverpool, Sandro?

Bksabath
12-01-2018, 15:42
Macca
you have PM
BTW Is there a way to post bigger pictures
"How to post bigger pictures for dummies" would be best

Bigman80
12-01-2018, 16:13
Yes that Firebottle-Tron is VERY good. Had it on loan for a week and was the first time I experienced holographic sound. How did it compare to the Paradise? Favourably I presume due to staying plugged in [emoji6]

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Zoidburg
12-01-2018, 16:34
That was a lovely afternoon Sandro, you were a great host thanks.

Some interesting tunes (a few things I'd never heard before so I'll check them out again on tidal) and a very good sounding system, again mostly kit I'd not come across before.

The paradise phono stage I know nothing about but it was interested to compare and contrast between that and the Tron. For my money the Tron seemed to have a fuller weightier & more 3d sound to it. I also found it a bit more grin inducing if you get my drift.

I've invited Sandro over to mine next week for a "rematch" so hopefully that will work out.

Cheers again

Ben https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180112/921024816ccb2e6828cb8c40adbba89f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180112/c6b72837afa3d495ac5555062a355321.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180112/a3375f681dd3726cbccc4a5c05810321.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180112/14b3f828cde58e4c597889e140059d85.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180112/1b8946de3d38a7d6c6eab39dcab45c1c.jpg

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk

Bigman80
12-01-2018, 16:43
Excellent. Valves V SS. Everyone needs Valves!!!!

Bksabath
12-01-2018, 16:51
The paradise phono stage I know nothing about but it was interested to compare and contrast between that and the Tron. For my money the Tron seemed to have a fuller weightier & more 3d sound to it. I also found it a bit more grin inducing if you get my drift.

I've invited Sandro over to mine next week for a "rematch" so hopefully that will work out.

Cheers again

Ben

How good was the Tron??? You got to read between the lines :lol:
Maybe equal levels, the Tron has a bit more gain than the paradise would have made it more even (not being confrontational just point to be dully noted)

Yes it was good I quite agree about the Tron what can I say apart that I did not ask for a swap the second time what more can I say ...
a yes now that I remember :doh:
I have already been in touch whit Firebbotle Both Phone and PM (that was quick) as Ben said the Tron has had a bit of mods carried out by him
Landlord! I will have same of that as well please:D

Bigman80
12-01-2018, 16:55
That WAS quick [emoji23]

Zoidburg
12-01-2018, 17:04
I should state that as far as I know the Firebottle Tron was a 1 off, I've no idea how much better (or not) it is than a standard Tron unit.

But I certainly like what it does do.

Bksabath
12-01-2018, 17:11
Just had a look at the Convergence Specifications
Ben is yours the 68 or 74 db Gain ?
If that the case loudness issue is well explained and need no further comments

Still as mentioned Valve verses Solid State Imo
No contest Valves do it for me as well
Can I have the Firebbotle treatment (any reference to Stanley Kubrick is purely by chance of same chemical imbalance in your perverted minds) to the Paradise.

Looking forward to next week

Bigman80
12-01-2018, 17:16
I should state that as far as I know the Firebottle Tron was a 1 off, I've no idea how much better (or not) it is than a standard Tron unit.

But I certainly like what it does do.

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using TapatalkI could tell you but it'll cause another international incident so best left alone.

There is only one of these and you are very lucky to have it.

Bksabath
12-01-2018, 17:28
You can tell me I will keep it private
and I would certainly like to ear Firebbotle comments

And most certainly his stuff

Bigman80
12-01-2018, 17:29
I'll PM you.

Zoidburg
12-01-2018, 17:33
I've a PM from Alan explaining what was changed, I'll dig it out.

Zoidburg
12-01-2018, 17:49
Just had a look at the Convergence Specifications
Ben is yours the 68 or 74 db Gain ?
If that the case loudness issue is well explained and need no further comments

Still as mentioned Valve verses Solid State Imo
No contest Valves do it for me as well
Can I have the Firebbotle treatment (any reference to Stanley Kubrick is purely by chance of same chemical imbalance in your perverted minds) to the Paradise.

Looking forward to next weekNot sure about the gain mate, I'll look into it.

Bksabath
12-01-2018, 18:11
Is not big deal really is just accademical issue
IMO post 12 from Oliver 100%

No sorry cancel all that :D
Joke
Your Tron is not that good and if you ever realise that you may decide to sell it I be glad to recycle it for you
How much ?
End of joke :D

Hey if you do I have first shout at it. seriously!

May have to borrow the Luxman from Doug Brady for next week to tempt you ?

Zoidburg
12-01-2018, 18:42
Is not big deal really is just accademical issue
IMO post 12 from Oliver 100%

No sorry cancel all that :D
Joke
Your Tron is not that good and if you ever realise that you may decide to sell it I be glad to recycle it for you
How much ?
End of joke :D

Hey if you do I have first shout at it. seriously!

May have to borrow the Luxman from Doug Brady for next week to tempt you ?Hey Sandro, im happy to give you first shout on it but I've absolutely no intention to sell it on any time soon!

Bksabath
12-01-2018, 20:29
:brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brick wall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:: brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickw all::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::b rickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwa ll::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::br ickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwal l::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::bri ckwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:
Of course you are not I certainly would keep it
Maybe another Paradise owner will rise up to the challenge, the Paradise you heard was built by me after all so maybe ....

Simon you there ?