PDA

View Full Version : wtd mf a1 ,p140,p150

smithie
01-01-2018, 21:52
hi
i want a to take a trip down memory lane and fancy giving a Musical Fidelity A1 or p140 or p150 another bash.....anyone got any of these kicking about collecting dust?
no silly prices please,would also consider a faulty or doer-upper:) if the price is a steal of course.
a nice cosmectic looking one would be my dream goal,alot dont age well:).
any leads/rumours/smoke signals in the mountains regarding any for sale then please let me know...(i have ebay covered:lol:)
kind regards
paul

smithie
04-01-2018, 12:15
hi all
am now sorted regarding trip down memory lane,so no longer on the look out for musical fidelity...went with a arcam avr350 instead:lol::lol:
its how i roll in this household:D

Lawrence001
04-01-2018, 13:02
I had a 280 for a while, loved the Dolby surround music mode with 5 channels but ultimately it was a bit soft and I detected a little grain.

Scooby
04-01-2018, 13:19
If you ever change your mind or want to scratch the itch again, I've got a P140 sat doing nothing.

smithie
04-01-2018, 14:26
I had a 280 for a while, loved the Dolby surround music mode with 5 channels but ultimately it was a bit soft and I detected a little grain.

i had a avr300 before and totally agree with your findings lawrence.
this is mainly going to be a backup and replacement for my main amp and dac while they go under the knife for mod operations,plus i may be flirting with active xovers,so with those things in mind the arcam seems a bit of a bargain army swiss knife that will help with all those things from one box,ultimate sound quality to my ears in my system isnt my goal here,although i was more then happy with the old avr300,until it died,as they always do:)