PDA

View Full Version : Hey from music lover freak

Rixsta
21-12-2017, 20:23
A warm Hello from England which is currently freezing cold.

Ive been looking at this website for a while pondering on joining but then I came upon some info about the B&W DM16 speakers which I found here and am trying to find some for sale! and decided it was time to join.

Ive always had music systems since a young child, I had seperates Sony system at 10 years old! I remember playing my mums records on her turntable, Led Zeppelin, Rolling stones etc and being amazed singing along. Later on I learnt to play guitar and build amplifiers. Im very into the High End audio and have built a fair few amps by Nelson Pass which were pure class-A amplifiers. So messing about with electronics is fun to me, also am interested in recording and have some nice microphones a couple which have been modified with expensive capsules in in order to find the perfect sound ? is that even possible ? lol

Here is one of the first amps I built.
https://www.rikibuckingham.com/2017/09/21/diy-pass-labs-zen-v4/
the later ones look much better :)

and some of the Hi-Fi I owned growing up
https://www.rikibuckingham.com/2017/09/21/hi_fi-owned-wanted/

My Current music system is
Jean Hiraga 30w Class-A amplifier modified for 12v
B&W DM23 speakers, trying to find a pair of DM16 as an upgrade!
HTC M8 as source sadly, did have a LG V20 phone which has a sabre DAC and sounded not bad, before that had a Onkyo DP-X1 which was a fantastic little music player. also Had a Prism Orpheus once for recording and playback on a PC/Laptop which was outstanding and reccomend it!

Musicly I love..
Progressive Rock & Fusion 70's, blues, soul, funk, jazz etc

anyways
Thats a bit from me :D

walpurgis
22-12-2017, 10:59
Hi Rikki. Welcome to AOS.

Sounds as though you've had some fun with Hi-Fi over the years.

DIY projects are popular. If you have anything on the go you could feature it in our Drawing Board section.

There's a lot going on here, so just join in any chat you find interesting.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.