PDA

View Full Version : Long shot request can anyone help me get speakers from Motherwell to the S East?

montesquieu
13-12-2017, 17:53
I just bought a pair of Tannoy Eatons - they are in Caithness at the moment but the seller is in Edinburgh over Christmas and will drop them at my sister's place in Motherwell on the 22nd December.

As it happens I'm in Scotland over Christmas but have already bought flights (it's my dad's 80th on Christmas Eve and everything from flights to car hire when I'm there is long booked). Otherwise I'd think about driving up for them.

I was wondering if anyone is making the trip up and down who could bring them down to this general neck of the woods where I could come and pick them up? Obviously happy to provide some recompense.

Appols if this is the wrong place to put this request.

paulf-2007
13-12-2017, 20:25
If someone was driving south but not near you I would be happy meet anyone going near the dartford crossing if that helped.

montesquieu
14-12-2017, 10:33
If someone was driving south but not near you I would be happy meet anyone going near the dartford crossing if that helped.

Much appreciated Paul and just to add if anyone can do the long part I'm happy to travel around the SE to pick up I'm not expecting dropped at the door!

take5
14-12-2017, 14:18
Motherwell to Lancs... possibly ......in January.

If stuck, please get in touch.

HackneyRF
14-12-2017, 15:18
We'll be driving from Coventry to East Sussex on the 26th or 27th December if that helps?

wojtek
14-12-2017, 18:49
I’m in Edinburgh if timings get tricky, just waiting on a delivery from south east by a chap I found on Shiply - a turntable and tube amp. If those survive he will be worth recommending!

Lawrence001
16-12-2017, 20:05
I’m in Edinburgh if timings get tricky, just waiting on a delivery from south east by a chap I found on Shiply - a turntable and tube amp. If those survive he will be worth recommending!
Could there be a deal if he takes the speakers the other way?

wojtek
16-12-2017, 20:24
He charged me 85 including the website fee for amp and turntable. Delivered safe, wrapped in blanket/quilt in transit, although sadly the kit isn’t quite as described by the seller! Can recommend him on the strength of this one job, pm me if you want his details.

TazSob
16-12-2017, 21:09
If someone can get them to Manchester I could grab them from there and then have them picked up from mine (Birmingham) or couple days later we could drive them down to the south for you

montesquieu
16-12-2017, 21:11
He charged me 85 including the website fee for amp and turntable. Delivered safe, wrapped in blanket/quilt in transit, although sadly the kit isn’t quite as described by the seller! Can recommend him on the strength of this one job, pm me if you want his details.

Brian, Loz (and Taz - just saw your message there) thanks for the offers, I'll be in touch if it looks like you can help.

Wojtek I just PM'd you for details. That compares pretty well with finding some boxes and a courier.

wojtek
16-12-2017, 21:32
Tom - have replied, good luck. Definitely preferred over dpd!