PDA

View Full Version : Jelco SA 750 Owmers Help Needed

Dubster68
07-12-2017, 15:19
Ok I have just sold the above tone arm and everything was fully functional with no issues with an amazing sound. The new owner has been in touch about the angle of the weight stub at the end of the tone arm. Said it is low or pointing slightly down. As far as I am aware all these tone arms have the stub mounted on a screw and a rubber bush and are not a solid mass. Can anyone confirm as in all the time I used this arm it was slightly flexible when moved and can be tightened slightly. I said it probably moved in transit and just requires refitting.

Any help greatly accepted.

killie99
07-12-2017, 18:41
Just had a look at mine, there's an o-ring where the stub attaches, has the o-ring fell out? Can't see a screw to tighten it though. Did you ship it with the counterweight still fitted?

Had another look, there's a grub screw underneath which I presume tightens the stub.

Ammonite Audio
07-12-2017, 19:40
Ok I have just sold the above tone arm and everything was fully functional with no issues with an amazing sound. The new owner has been in touch about the angle of the weight stub at the end of the tone arm. Said it is low or pointing slightly down. As far as I am aware all these tone arms have the stub mounted on a screw and a rubber bush and are not a solid mass. Can anyone confirm as in all the time I used this arm it was slightly flexible when moved and can be tightened slightly. I said it probably moved in transit and just requires refitting.

Any help greatly accepted.

You are correct - it is rubber mounted and they all droop to some extent.

Dubster68
08-12-2017, 11:28
You are correct - it is rubber mounted and they all droop to some extent.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts Hugo:D