PDA

View Full Version : BAFTA awards

Filterlab
22-02-2010, 11:50
I watched it last night, and genuinely enjoyed the broad spectrum of the nominations and winners. So much so that I went on to Amazon and bought two Blu-rays. :)

However, was I the only who thought that Jonathan Ross was absolutely dreadful? Unfunny 'jokes', drab and lifeless comments, and no hint of how special the occasion was. Utter rubbish, he's well past his best and his mindless and unintelligent humour always seems so out of context. Surely there must be better choices for presenting such a prestigious show?

Marco
22-02-2010, 17:31
Yup :)

Ross is a near 50-year old man who frequently acts like he still thinks he's 15! :rolleyes:

Marco.

Spectral Morn
22-02-2010, 19:02
Yup :)

Ross is a near 50-year old man who frequently acts like he still thinks he's 15! :rolleyes:

Marco.

Dare I say it ;):sofa: Yes I will " Kettle calling pot black" Mr Marco. Your not 50, but the shoes do fit just a bit ;):eyebrows::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Don't you think ?

I didn't watch it, but while Avatar is a very good film imho, I am glad it didn't win across the board.

Regards D S D L

Kris
22-02-2010, 19:28
I've always hated Woss. He's a total prat IMO.

I refuse to watch anything that he's on.

Actually, i watch very little Tv, it's mostly totally Shite. IMO.

Marco
22-02-2010, 20:07
Dare I say it ;):sofa: Yes I will " Kettle calling pot black" Mr Marco. Your not 50, but the shoes do fit just a bit ;):eyebrows::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Don't you think ?

I didn't watch it, but while Avatar is a very good film imho, I am glad it didn't win across the board.

Regards D S D L

Hahaha...... The difference is, I'm not a so-called 'celebrity' constantly in the public eye! :lol: ;)

Most of the time too, I get taken for being in my mid 30s by people whom I meet for the first time :)

Del's the same, she's actually older than me by nearly two years, only looks much younger than that. It's all a state of mind.

I'm afraid that I'll never act my age - it's just the way I am. You get some fairly young people like us who act (and dress) like old men - way, way before their time :rolleyes:

F*ck that shit - that will never be me until I'm officially 'ancient', like 60 + or something and have embraced the benefits of Tena for men!!! :lolsign: :ner:

Marco.

Marco
22-02-2010, 22:29
Reason: No age give away tut tut....lol

Lol - I didn't realise it bothered you, dafty - age doesn't concern me one iota! :eyebrows:

Marco.

Spectral Morn
23-02-2010, 10:32
Lol - I didn't realise it bothered you, dafty - age doesn't concern me one iota! :eyebrows:

Marco.

It doesn't, but when on a public forum that sort of info should be kept private...security and all. Identity fraud requires certain info and DOB is one important item...hence the reason no forum ever gets my real DOB.

Sorry if I seem a bit paranoid but a recent event with a mysterious parcel arriving at the house, with my address on it (though not name) has made me a bit more careful. It turned out to be 2 lap tops, and thankfully a company name that I could track down and contact. They had made a mistake in the address number. While waiting for their reply to my E-Mail I had to check all my on-line activity to make sure I wasn't a victim of identity theft/fraud (I wasn't thankfully). Certain action was taken though to further protect me.

Hence the edit....

Regards D S D L

REM
23-02-2010, 15:17
"Sorry if I seem a bit paranoid but a recent event with a mysterious parcel arriving at the house, with my address on it (though not name) has made me a bit more careful. It turned out to be 2 lap tops, and thankfully a company name that I could track down and contact. They had made a mistake in the address number. While waiting for their reply to my E-Mail I had to check all my on-line activity to make sure I wasn't a victim of identity theft/fraud (I wasn't thankfully)."

Blimey, if people want to send me some laptops they can nick my identity anytime they like:lol:.

Barry
25-02-2010, 01:53
Hahaha...... The difference is, I'm not a so-called 'celebrity' constantly in the public eye! :lol: ;)

Most of the time too, I get taken for being in my mid 30s by people whom I meet for the first time :)

Del's the same, she's actually older than me by nearly two years, only looks much younger than that. It's all a state of mind.

I'm afraid that I'll never act my age - it's just the way I am. You get some fairly young people like us who act (and dress) like old men - way, way before their time :rolleyes:

F*ck that shit - that will never be me until I'm officially 'ancient', like 60 + or something and have embraced the benefits of Tena for men!!! :lolsign: :ner:

Marco.

Knowing Marco is fond of red coloured drinks (wine or tomatoe juice or is it something similar?), is often active in the small hours of the morning and probably shuns the daylight, dislikes clear running water, mirrors and casts no reflection, I would place his age at anywhere between 500 and 800 years.

How does he keep his good looks? "Plenty of sleep and a strict diet"

Johnathan Harker

Marco
25-02-2010, 09:22
Knowing Marco is fond of red coloured drinks (wine or tomatoe juice or is it something similar?)

You must be referring to the secret elixir, my lurvlee, the recipe for which has been handed down by my ancestors through generations, which reminds me, I must venture out this evening and top-up the supply.... :eyebrows:

Marco.