PDA

View Full Version : A revisit to the Denon has Landed.

Boyse6748
01-12-2017, 17:06
Some photos

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171201/81734672907e806288506a6f4005234a.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171201/1b8eeb67f51072aa90cdbbbaaffbcba6.jpg

Some 50 years have past and it’s impossible to explain how you can still find Hi-Fi perfection (or call it what you will). “Valhalla / Nirvana”.

Some minor mods to the Denon / Dynavector -DV507 MkII / Benz Wood.... with the addition of the ARCHE Headshell.

This has to be the most sonically critical improvement ever encountered. It’s surely is a masterpiece of engineering that actually works.

The second modification was an upgrade from the Whest Two.2 to the Whest PS30 RTD Special Edition.

This is an absolutely stunning Phono stage that I had never before encountered. The level of music delivery is in spades and I don’t really understand how to explain how this provides such intimacy and neutrality.

My point is, from going from a happy bunny with the Denon / Dynavector...... I’m in a state of total happiness.

My thanks to Paulf-2007 (Paul) of this forum for guiding me in the correct direction.[emoji41]

This is not an attack on the SP10 or any other TT, Just my happiness. In finding sonic Nirvana.

My thanks to all that have made constructive comments previously.

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

karma67
01-12-2017, 17:49
lovely bit of kit!

RobbieGong
01-12-2017, 17:49
Well I for one am pretty chuffed for you.

It's where we are trying to get and I guess a fair number of us have been at that 'nearly there' stage a while.

You are proof that a couple of things coming together in a properly sorted set up can be the piece that elevates things from really good to amazing, the genuine nirvana we seek :thumbsup:

(Incidentally, I'm nearly there and just working on that last little bit too ;) )

Boyse6748
01-12-2017, 17:57
Thanks Robert, extremely kind observations. It’s taken a long time to get to this place. not everybody’s idea of heaven..... but it is mine !!!

Peter

CageyH
01-12-2017, 17:57
To be honest, I am not a fan of the looks that the arm gives.
That is not important though is it, as the only thing that matters is how it sounds, and it sounds like it makes you really happy. At the end of the day, that is what we are all searching for, so congratulations on getting there.

Boyse6748
01-12-2017, 18:12
CageyH .... some say it’s the most expensive car jack ever..... me..... I think it a engineering masterpiece, no arm even comes near..... had the SME V 12”.. no competition!!!

However, it only my opinion.

I think that’s what makes us all individuals.[emoji41]

Peter

RobbieGong
01-12-2017, 18:18
The description oil rig was once used when Martin T formerly of this parish had his :) - Stylish and very functional looking oil rig may I add :D

paulf-2007
01-12-2017, 18:27
Well I am very pleased for you Peter, I do have a reason for this happiness, it proves I'm not delusional about my own DP80 sounding fantastic, but in a different way. The Stax UA-70 12" arm is very special and the Shure ultra 500 in Martin Bastin body into a built in phono stage of the Sony receiver is magic. Having not heard your turntable of many years I couldn't comment on its ability but would have been surprised had you not preferred the Denon.
There is certainly nothing wrong with an SP10, I have heard one with an SPU on and it was very good but the DP80 seems to be dismissed by many, probably due to hearing the lesser denon tables that look similar but are a world away from the DP80's engineering.

Barry
01-12-2017, 18:46
The description oil rig was once used when Martin T formerly of this parish had his :) - Stylish and very functional looking oil rig may I add :D

To me, it looks like the arm "Desperate Dan" would have built and used. ;)

struth
01-12-2017, 18:50
:stalks::eek: leave me it in the will :D

Boyse6748
01-12-2017, 18:52

Well, I’ve not heard of a £6000 arm being called desperate Dan !!!!

An arm that traces the cutting profile intrigues me somewhat.... you really have to see this arm close up to truly appreciate its beauty.

All to our own. ..... happy days.

Boyse6748
01-12-2017, 18:56
:stalks::eek: leave me it in the will :D

Grant, as I don’t have too long to go........ I will nominate you accordingly. Sorry .... for me this is the panicle of design perfection.

Peter

RobbieGong
01-12-2017, 18:58

Er ! nah ... :scratch: I'm guessing you're saying it looks substantial and strong ? :)

Barry
01-12-2017, 19:00
Well, I’ve not heard of a £6000 arm being called desperate Dan !!!!

An arm that traces the cutting profile intrigues me somewhat.... you really have to see this arm close up to truly appreciate its beauty.

All to our own. ..... happy days.

I was referring to its looks, and yes I have seen one. I thought about buying a DV505 in the mid '70s.

Not sure what you mean by: "An arm that traces the cutting profile ..."? Isn't that a function of the cartridge stylus profile and if a parallel tracking tonearm is used?

walpurgis
01-12-2017, 19:04
for me this is the panicle of design perfection

Ah. A panicle. You don't see many of those. :)

RobbieGong
01-12-2017, 19:10
Ah. A panicle. You don't see many of those. :)

:lol:

Boyse6748
01-12-2017, 19:10
I was referring to its looks, and yes I have seen one. I thought about buying a DV505 in the mid '70s.

Not sure what you mean by: "An arm that traces the cutting profile ..."? Isn't that a function of the cartridge stylus profile and if a parallel tracking tonearm is used?

Not that I’m an expert by any means, but the idea of a Bi-Axis inertia controlled tonearm that reproduces the exact signal from the record groove somewhat intrigues me..

The prof of the pudding is what it produces. I do believe, there ain’t no other arm that does that.

It does it for me...... if not for you. (God Bless)

Peter

Boyse6748
01-12-2017, 19:19
Not that I’m an expert by any means, but the idea of a Bi-Axis inertia controlled tonearm that reproduces the exact signal from the record groove somewhat intrigues me..

The prof of the pudding is what it produces. I do believe, there ain’t no other arm that does that.

It does it for me...... if not for you. (God Bless)

Peter

Dear all,

This was just to show my happiness after many years of trying to achieve perfection....in which is almost impossible, but I’ve got it pretty close.

I love this forum and the comments but I believe I’m on a loser...... so hear endth the sermon.

We all like what we like.......

I thank you for your comments [emoji41]

Peter

Bigman80
01-12-2017, 19:21
I love it. That arm looks truly spectacular for many different reasons but I can see why it would divide opinion.

The more money i spend, the less I worry about what others think. Advice is always welcome but critique is only a point of view. Enjoy your TT and arm. It's beautiful and I'm sure is sounds as good as anything "top end" that you will find.

A SP10 MK2 v Denon is definitely required in the name of science!!!! [emoji6]

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

RobbieGong
01-12-2017, 19:22
Hey Peter, bath in the joy of it, too right :)

I never thought I'd go back to it but I've been looking into mats (Dont start Marco :lol: ) as I sense there's a bit to be got there if I choose the right one - Got one on the way, all will be revealed in due course ;)

RobbieGong
01-12-2017, 19:27
I love it. That arm looks truly spectacular for many different reasons but I can see why it would divide opinion.

The more money i spend, the less I worry about what others think. Advice is always welcome but critique is only a point of view. Enjoy your TT and arm. It's beautiful and I'm sure is sounds as good as anything "top end" that you will find.

Wise words Oliver, we all like different things anywaze ! :)

Barry
01-12-2017, 19:31
Dear all,

This was just to show my happiness after many years of trying to achieve perfection....in which is almost impossible, but I’ve got it pretty close.

I love this forum and the comments but I believe I’m on a loser...... so hear endth the sermon.

Well done

We all like what we like.......

I thank you for your comments [emoji41]

Peter

Well done Peter,

It's always good to hear of music lovers achieving long term satisfaction with their system. How we do it is of course a matter of taste and can take many different paths, but when it is achieved it is to be rejoiced and celebrated.

I wasn't trying to 'rain on your parade': indeed I'm an admirer of the Dynavector bi-axis tone arms. I was simply commenting on its looks. (I do have questions concerning the disparate arm effective masses in the vertical and horizontal plane, as well as exacerbation of 'warp wow' and 'scrub flutter' through the use of a short arm stub).

Anyway, congratulations on your achievement.

Barry

Boyse6748
01-12-2017, 19:38

Oliver / Robbie,

I thank you for your comments. As I am the only one that listens to my system, it’s always difficult to be constructive.

However, when things make you smile..... it got to be right !!!!

It don’t happen too often..... that’s for sure.

Waiting for the next bit of vinyl...... as excitement , means happiness!!!

Thank for your comments.

Peter

oldius
01-12-2017, 20:21
I think that is one of the nicest looking turntable combinations I have seen. I'm a big fan of the DP80, a genuinely high-end deck and unappreciated for decades in the UK, as was most Japanese kit. The Dynavector has always been an intriguing arm, unique in design and beautiful to look at IMO. Congratulations.

Boyse6748
01-12-2017, 20:25
I think that is one of the nicest looking turntable combinations I have seen. I'm a big fan of the DP80, a genuinely high-end deck and unappreciated for decades in the UK, as was most Japanese kit. The Dynavector has always been an intriguing arm, unique in design and beautiful to look at IMO. Congratulations.

That’s an extremely nice comment..... thank you... I go to bed happy.

oldius
01-12-2017, 21:19
That’s an extremely nice comment..... thank you... I go to bed happy.

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkWell I do like......https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171201/b27dfd62ce55c9f231f1279a02fd9738.jpg

Marco
01-12-2017, 21:30
I never thought I'd go back to it but I've been looking into mats (Dont start Marco :lol: ) as I sense there's a bit to be got there if I choose the right one - Got one on the way, all will be revealed in due course ;)

Heh-heh.... Some find it early, some late, some never... You got there just in time! :D

Marco.

P.S Beautiful turntable, Peter. Major respect :thumbsup:

paulf-2007
02-12-2017, 12:14

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalkfor fun maybe Oliver, but for science would be pointless unless both were fitted with the same arm/cart combo.

alphaGT
02-12-2017, 12:25
It’s awesomely beautiful! I love everything about it! Down right sexy!

vinylspinner
02-12-2017, 12:37
I have been to Peter’s home and had a good listen to this turntable combo, very, very good indeed.
I like it a lot tbh and look forward to hearing it again soon with the new phono stage.
Peter has put together a very nice system with some fine source components.

Nigel

Bigman80
02-12-2017, 14:12
for fun maybe Oliver, but for science would be pointless unless both were fitted with the same arm/cart combo.Obviously [emoji6]

paulf-2007
02-12-2017, 16:28
Obviously [emoji6]

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalknot to some:)

CageyH
03-12-2017, 07:05
Hey Peter, bath in the joy of it, too right :)

You need to hear what a Strata platter does as well. ;)

hermit
03-12-2017, 11:09
Congratulations Peter. You've played a blinder. Your new deck is a thing of beauty and the arm looks superb. Enjoy :)

paulf-2007
03-12-2017, 12:25
Peter, are you using the rubber mat? I would recommend a copper or gunmetal mat, the platter is two piece and already damped, makes a huge difference.

Boyse6748
03-12-2017, 16:40
Peter, are you using the rubber mat? I would recommend a copper or gunmetal mat, the platter is two piece and already damped, makes a huge difference.

Hi Paul,

Yes I am using a rubber mat (Oyalide) and do understand that it is a split platter, which is already damped to some extent.

I was looking for a copper mat, but they seem to be few and far between or extortionately expensive.

Unless you can advise differently. Quite willing to give anything a try.

Peter

oldius
03-12-2017, 16:45
I use an isoplatnat with my TTS8000 . Well worry trying.

paulf-2007
03-12-2017, 17:04
Hi Paul,

Yes I am using a rubber mat (Oyalide) and do understand that it is a split platter, which is already damped to some extent.

I was looking for a copper mat, but they seem to be few and far between or extortionately expensive.

Unless you can advise differently. Quite willing to give anything a try.

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalkyes Peter rare, but worth looking for. Someone here bought a Tenuto mat not long ago, very expensive but easy to move on if need be. I just kept an eye out on ebay and snagged a copper one.

paulf-2007
03-12-2017, 17:05
I use an isoplatnat with my TTS8000 . Well worry trying.is that spelled correctly Geoff, couldn't find it on a search

paulf-2007
03-12-2017, 17:11
https://belhifi.com/products/puresound-tenuto

try that Peter, hope you have deep pockets and longer arms:)

Boyse6748
03-12-2017, 17:52

Thanks for that Paul,

I’m afraid that after the recent Phono stage and ARCHE headshell upgrade this will have to wait it’s turn. (Pension pot is diminishing at an alarming rate).

Still.... now I know where to get it..[emoji7] and it will be on the agenda.

Peter

oldius
03-12-2017, 18:13
is that spelled correctly Geoff, couldn't find it on a searchIsoplatmat. Sorry. By SDS.

paulf-2007
03-12-2017, 19:09
Isoplatmat. Sorry. By SDS.i found it with a little change of spelling. Not sure about a rubber mat on an aluminium one. Is the rubber very hard. I can't see the point of aluminium with rubber on top otherwise.

farflungstar
03-12-2017, 19:12
i found it with a little change of spelling. Not sure about a rubber mat on an aluminium one. Is the rubber very hard. I can't see the point of aluminium with rubber on top otherwise.The isoplat caused static in my experience (if it's the same one) - had to peel it off my records almost every time.

oldius
03-12-2017, 19:22
The isoplatmat is a steel sandwiched vibration reducing polymer. Incredibly effective IMO. I use it with some kind of thin sponge mat supplied by them.

farflungstar
03-12-2017, 20:02
Ahhh it was the thin sponge mat that gave me problems with static. Maybe I didn't have the turntable grounded well enough.

hermit
03-12-2017, 20:12
I use the Origin Live mat (1mm) as a cover for the SDS Isoplatmat. I found it better for static than the SDS neoprene cover but a little double sided tape between the mats helps also. Static is less of an issue now that I have an RCM.

I'm a big fan of the SDS mat sound wise. It really is effective at damping the platter. Also, out of mechanical sympathy for my deck's 40 year old motor and bearing, I especially like the fact that it weighs about a quarter of the Tenuto copper mat.

farflungstar
03-12-2017, 21:01
I've been using the Tenuto for a couple of years now and wouldn't be without it.

Bigman80
03-12-2017, 21:08
I've been using the Tenuto for a couple of years now and wouldn't be without it.+1

paulf-2007
03-12-2017, 21:26
I have not had any static since using a copper mat

alcarmichael
03-12-2017, 22:36
The TT and arm especially look absolutely amazing. I'd love to get my hands on one of those arms one day.

Boyse6748
04-12-2017, 15:59

Paul / Anyone,

Re. The Tenuto copper mat. Is it really only available from Belhifi ? (Belgium). Do you or anyone know if this can be purchased in the uk. Perhaps I’m wrong but I thought Puresound was British company or at least based in the UK.

This really is difficult to find or perhaps I’m just a blind numpty or they don’t make it anymore !

Any advice gratefully received.

Bigman80
04-12-2017, 16:08
Paul / Anyone,

Re. The Tenuto copper mat. Is it really only available from Belhifi ? (Belgium). Do you or anyone know if this can be purchased in the uk. Perhaps I’m wrong but I thought Puresound was British company or at least based in the UK.

This really is difficult to find or perhaps I’m just a blind numpty or they don’t make it anymore !

Any advice gratefully received.

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkContact puresound directly. There is a phone number on website. That's how I got mine.

Bigman80
04-12-2017, 16:09
puresound**** Tel:*+44 (0) 1822 612449

paulf-2007
04-12-2017, 19:08
Contact puresound directly. There is a phone number on website. That's how I got mine.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalkoliver, was it you that bought one a little cheaper.

Bigman80
04-12-2017, 19:09
Yes Paul.

farflungstar
04-12-2017, 21:09
Contact guy at pure sound by phone or email. He's a lovely chap to deal with. As far as I know they are in the UK (Tenuto).

Boyse6748
05-12-2017, 14:18
Contact guy at pure sound by phone or email. He's a lovely chap to deal with. As far as I know they are in the UK (Tenuto).

Thanks Chaps for all your valued advice. Contacted Guy at Puresound and the next batch of mats will be available mid January. (One ordered) at a considerable discount than that offered by Belhifi.

Just let a case of waiting [emoji30]

Peter

Bigman80
05-12-2017, 14:36
It's worth it. I can't overstate how impressed I am with mine.

Boyse6748
05-12-2017, 14:54
It's worth it. I can't overstate how impressed I am with mine.

Thanks Oliver,

I hope to be proved wrong with the Tenuto... at present I can’t see how perfect can be bettered but I’m a sucker for good looks and any sonic improvements.

Sorry, but it does look a million dollars [emoji41]

My only very slight reservation is loading 2kg onto the Denon plater but I guess with a motor of this size it will make little difference.

We shall see!!!

Bigman80
05-12-2017, 15:08
From experience, I've had acrylic, rubber and leather mats. The leather was my favourite but when the Tenuto went on, it was quickly evident how much better it was than all of them. I think you'll love it.

I worry about the weight sometimes but I know a guy who's had one for years and seen no issue on an SP10. I am sure you denon will have no issue either.

Boyse6748
05-12-2017, 15:22
From experience, I've had acrylic, rubber and leather mats. The leather was my favourite but when the Tenuto went on, it was quickly evident how much better it was than all of them. I think you'll love it.

I worry about the weight sometimes but I know a guy who's had one for years and seen no issue on an SP10. I am sure you denon will have no issue either.

Oliver

What I really appreciate is talking to an SP10 owner that doesn’t trash anything in its path. (very rare).

I think both the SP10 and the DP80 were decks of there day and perhaps even better than anything else out their .... even today,(subject to the right Plinth / ancillaries).

I would never compare either (many will) just two stunning decks of their day.

If anybody can tell me differently , I will submit.!!!

I thought being a Townshend Rock owner for 40 years....... there was nothing else..... how wrong can you be!!!

Just love this forum..... often quite diverse... but so many people with different kit that is loved and cherished.

Peter

oldius
05-12-2017, 15:32
It's not the motor, it's the additional stress on the bearing.

Boyse6748
05-12-2017, 15:38
It's not the motor, it's the additional stress on the bearing.

Thanks for that info Geoff.

I think the bearing is equally over designed (massive) and a little more weight will make no difference.

I understand many use this mat on the DP80 without problem.

Peter

Bigman80
05-12-2017, 15:48
It was my experience that I preferred the DD to Belt drive but recently heard the best belt drive I've ever heard and that was a a VPI scout.

Equally as good as the Techy just different. The best turntables are the one that disappear when the needle drops.

Denon Weren't stupid, they have been making high level gear for a very long time and personally, I really like the Turntable you've put together. Id bet it sounds great

Boyse6748
05-12-2017, 16:14
It was my experience that I preferred the DD to Belt drive but recently heard the best belt drive I've ever heard and that was a a VPI scout.

Equally as good as the Techy just different. The best turntables are the one that disappear when the needle drops.

Denon Weren't stupid, they have been making high level gear for a very long time and personally, I really like the Turntable you've put together. Id bet it sounds great

Agreed. The VPI scout is a fine TT.

I think you hit the nail on the head...... the TT JUST Disappears into the music, I guess that’s what is all about.

Additionally, I recently heard a £158,000 Clearwater deck at a show and although just stunning looks, did it do it for me....... afraid not!!!!

And 10 people to install it...... apart from the bling value.

If you had laid out for this deck.... god, it would have been a major disappointment.

Mind you...... I suppose if you have this much money.... it’s all pocket change.

It’s all a matter of ££££ in the Bank.

agk
05-12-2017, 16:20
Another positive reaction here. A gorgeous deck and that arm is a thing of beauty for me as well as an engineering feat.

karma67
05-12-2017, 18:23
Oliver

I thought being a Townshend Rock owner for 40 years....... there was nothing else..... how wrong can you be!!!

i get totally what you mean,i love my rock 2 but now you've got me thinking :)
can you elaborate please

paulf-2007
05-12-2017, 18:45
The DP80 had a 3 phase motor, other Denon, Jvc and Victor have quartz lock but the 3 phase motor has more torque,gets up to speed quicker and wow and flutter is minute. Two piece platter with internal damping and well engineered motor. I used to naively think that turntables just spun so what could be different from one to another.

Boyse6748
05-12-2017, 18:54
i get totally what you mean,i love my rock 2 but now you've got me thinking :)
can you elaborate please

Well, it’s quite difficult to explain.

After having every Rock available over 40years up to the Rock 7 / Merlin / SME V 12”, I thought nothing else was even in the ball park. Unfortunately Mr Townshend was my guru.

Then, I was convinced by Another to try a dd drive... either the SP10 or the Denon DP80.... Which intrigued me me, because of is unique design.and build quality..

To be so happy for so many years with the Rock is some testament but the Denon DP80 is something else that us Brits knew nothing about. (Japan Only). In the day.

We were more concerned in the LP 12 at the time and the Rock and Japanese decks were banned from UK sales.

A difficult time to say the least.

Anyway..... all in past history now....

Hence now the DP80........ just love it!!!!!!!!!K!K!

Peter

H

paulf-2007
05-12-2017, 19:00
Can you explain the purpose of the Arche headshell or other similar headshells such as clearaudio stability. Is it adjustable for length as there are already slots to move the cart forward or back. I've heard people raving about this style of headshell but don't know why.

Boyse6748
05-12-2017, 19:17
Can you explain the purpose of the Arche headshell or other similar headshells such as clearaudio stability. Is it adjustable for length as there are slots to move the cart forward or back. I've heard people raving about this style of headshell but don't know why.

Dear Paul,

What can I say about the ARCHE Headshell ?????

Apart from stunning !

Adjustable in every way VTA/ SRA / Azimuth. And every other adjustment you can think of.

This is !!!!!! The biggest upgrade ever encountered..... never thought possible but this is one piece of engineering excellence.

It’s a shit load of money for a head shell, that’s for sure but it works!!!!!!

The difference to my previous head shell (supplied with the Dynavector )is incomparable!!!

A level of 10 to 1.

One of my favorite all time upgrades......

Not many people will pay this price for a head shell.... but I assure you its got to be the best upgrade ever.

Peter

paulf-2007
05-12-2017, 20:31
Just watched a you tube video how to set up the headshell. It's much more adjustable than clearaudio's imposter, but more expensive

Boyse6748
06-12-2017, 19:25
Just watched a you tube video how to set up the headshell. It's much more adjustable than clearaudio's imposter, but more expensive

Hi Paul,

It’s not the utube videoclip that does it. (Although very good)

It really is a stunning upgrade.... there really is nothing out there quite like it.

I didn’t think it was possible to provide so much more musically layers.. with just a head-shell.

I kid you not!!!

Peter

paulf-2007
06-12-2017, 19:29
Hi Paul,

It’s not the utube videoclip that does it. (Although very good)

It really is a stunning upgrade.... there really is nothing out there quite like it.

I didn’t think it was possible to provide so much more musically layers.. with just a head-shell.

I kid you not!!!

Peter

Peter, I don't think I could take another improvement, I might need tena man.

Boyse6748
06-12-2017, 19:34
Peter, I don't think I could take another improvement, I might need tena man.

Just love that comment!!!

I often feel like that myself. You can only go so far !!!!!!

God bless my dear friend ,.

Boyse6748
06-12-2017, 19:47
Just love that comment!!!

I often feel like that myself. You can only go so far !!!!!!

God bless my dear friend ,.

A question.......

Are we the only two individuals on the forum with the Denon DP80.???????

I feel quite Honoured... to be so individual.

farflungstar
06-12-2017, 19:50
The Tenuto will be fine if the bearing is up to the standard of the SP, and no reason to doubt it is. I've been running it for around 2 years without a problem (touch wood).

I haven't heard the Denon so can't comment, however I totally understand getting out of the way comment. The SP10 is completely absent from the performance - I really can't imagine anything more transparent.

Boyse6748
06-12-2017, 20:03
The Tenuto will be fine if the bearing is up to the standard of the SP, and no reason to doubt it is. I've been running it for around 2 years without a problem (touch wood).

I haven't heard the Denon so can't comment, however I totally understand getting out of the way comment. The SP10 is completely absent from the performance - I really can't imagine anything more transparent.

It’s a dilemma that will never be satisfied.

It doesn’t matter what is best.... as I believe both these TT’s are absolute stars.

Just being as honest as i Can.

paulf-2007
06-12-2017, 20:08
A question.......

Are we the only two individuals on the forum with the Denon DP80.???????

I feel quite Honoured... to be so individual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalki don't remember knowing anyone else with a DP80. It would be great to compare our tt's as different as the arms, carts and plinths are.

Boyse6748
06-12-2017, 20:16
i don't remember knowing anyone else with a DP80. It would be great to compare our tt's as different as the arms, carts and plinths are.

Ah Ha, so...... the only guys with superb taste!

Just love not being in the crowd!!!!

I think both our decks have their merits and debatable what one is best.

If we like what we hear!! I have no argument.

Peter

farflungstar
06-12-2017, 20:16
It’s a dilemma that will never be satisfied.

It doesn’t matter what is best.... as I believe both these TT’s are absolute stars.

Just being as honest as i Can.

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkI never suggested one was better than the other.

Boyse6748
06-12-2017, 20:19
I never suggested one was better than the other.

God bless.... we all love what we love.....

Many years of listening [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] and ..... loads money and mistakes.

paulf-2007
06-12-2017, 20:32
Ah Ha, so...... the only guys with superb taste!

Just love not being in the crowd!!!!

I think both our decks have their merits and debatable what one is best.

If we like what we hear!! I have no argument.

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalki wasn't thinking a competition of which one is best, more what differences if any.

Boyse6748
06-12-2017, 20:42
i wasn't thinking a competition of which one is best, more what differences if any.

I doubt there is any difference in our decks ....... in reality.

For me..... it’s the best TT I have ever had the pleasure to listen to.

Music is just excitement at times...... I really wait in anticipation for the next vinyl experience.

Not had this feeling before .

Is it heaven / nirvana/ Valhalla .....??? Who knows.?

Boyse6748
06-12-2017, 21:03
I doubt there is any difference in our decks ....... in reality.

For me..... it’s the best TT I have ever had the pleasure to listen to.

Music is just excitement at times...... I really wait in anticipation for the next vinyl experience.

Not had this feeling before .

Is it heaven / nirvana/ Valhalla .....??? Who knows.?

My final say !!

We have very different systems......

The Whest PS30 RTD SE is probably the icing on the cake. Vinyl is my preference, but also like streamed music via the Macintosh DAC.
Also, the a Pioneer 909 does it for pure analogue reproduction.

If I could put a different system together....... I wouldn’t change anything.

God bless the Macintosh MA 2275 amp....... is their anything that compares? “I doubt it”

Night night.