PDA

View Full Version : Howard's Swap Shop

Filterlab
14-05-2008, 11:13
Welcome to Howard's Swap Shop - a concept by Howard Popeck of Stereonow (http://www.stereonow.co.uk/).

This is a place for you to arrange CD swaps with other AoS members. Pop on this thread what you're looking for, what you have, and arrange a swap with someone. :)

When you place your available CDs on here, it will help other members who are unfamiliar with the artist if you add a little information about the contents - i.e. genre, era, etc etc.

Swap away!

griffo104
14-05-2008, 11:23
Moved my few from the original post to put them in the new 'SWAP SHOP'

Perfect Houseplants - Snap Clutter - great Jazz album on the Linn label but I have it on SACD as well
Gil Scott-Heron - Ghetto Style
Snow Patrol - Final Straw
Maximo Park - A Certain Trigger
Funkadelic - The whole funk and nothing but the funk (2cd)
Dangerdoom - The mouse and the mask - coming together of two hip-hop allstars which I bought on a whim and really not my pint of beer.
Diane Schuur - Friends for Schuur - female Jazz vocalist
White Stripes - elephant
Mozez - So Still - Male vocalist with Zero 7 but not really my sort of thing.

Same rules as Howard, no more than two per person, first come first served. PM me here if anyone is interested.

I'll have some more to post up when I get back up to Brum at the weekend and sort some more out up there.

Neil McCauley
14-05-2008, 12:07
The original list that was here has been amended (due to successful swaps) and few more surplus CDs have been added, and so I have added it as the most recent post for May 16th.

Thank you.

HP

griffo104
14-05-2008, 13:31
Snow Patrol has gone, first swap in progress :)

Come on guys join in. Must be lots of cds you don't listen to anymore. Get some new stuff.

John
14-05-2008, 19:15
Here a few for starters
Cornershop Brimful of Asia
Dream Theter -Octavarian Prog metal with some Muse insperation
Twangorama Country cats that play serious guitar think Hellecasters
Prasanna - Electric Ganesha Land Indian guitar music with Hendrix songs
Julian Prister Pepo Mtoto Jazz with some fusion leanings
Willie and Lobbo Wild Heart Think Flemenco music meet some hot club jazz
Nitntu Prog fusion Japanese slightly outside playing so requires careful listening
Shankar M.R.C.S Indian violin player

Willing to do swaps
main interests include
Violin Music
Fusion and Jazz
World music
folk rock
Rock Modern and classic
Film scores
Blues
Sorry most of the stuff I have is on the obscure side; sometimes with good reason!!!

Filterlab
14-05-2008, 20:31
...Twangorama Country...

What on earth?! Obscure to say the least! :lol: :)

Neil McCauley
16-05-2008, 13:30
Okay, here's what i can fling into the pot right now.

Covers, inserts and discs all in excellent condition.

All I ask is that people refrain from asking me how I ended up with some of this stuff. Sometimes I was misguided (and not for the first time) or a customer left it here - deliberately! Anyway ......

Uncle Tupelo: "No Depression" ( http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:dpfwxq95ldfe)

Uncle Tupelo: "Anodyne" ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anodyne-Expanded-Remastered-Uncle-Tupelo/dp/B00008DCSZ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1210944433&sr=1-2)

Suzanne Vega: Songs In red and Gray" ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Songs-Red-Gray-Suzanne-Vega/dp/B00005O6JG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1210944518&sr=1-2)

The Streets: "A grand don't come for free" ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grand-Dont-Come-Free/dp/B0001XARU4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1210944578&sr=1-4 )

Various Artists Sampler: Arctic Monkeys, Roger McGuinn, Squeeze, Bill Bragg, Beth Orton, Richard Thompson {live rare track}, The Jam.

M People: "Elegant Slumming" ( http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:0jfyxqwgldae )

Various Artists Sampler; The Temptations, Chris Farlowe, Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley, Turing Brakes, Billy Bragg, Jimmy Reed - and more

Various Artists Sampler: ABC, Dire Straits, Happy Mondays, The Wonder Stuff, New Order, Cast, Sting

All Saints: "All Saints" ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/All-Saints/dp/B00002DE4A/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1210944789&sr=1-4 )

The Roots Of Bob Dylan: Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee, Richie Havens, Cisco Houston, The Staple Singers, Muddy Waters, Lightnin' Hopkins - and more

Various Artists Sampler: "Hail To The King" (Includes Jeff Beck, Duffy Power, Link Wray, Roy Orbison - and more

My swap wants currently are:

Electric blues
Cool Jazz
Folk-Rock
Grunge (I kid you not)
Classical Piano
Classical violin

I'm not insisting on any of the above though. I'm happy to have my musical horizons expanded.

Usual thing - just email me hp@no-alibi.demon.co.uk

Thank you.

HP

-------------------

I'm away from 19th May to 27th May inclusive.

-------------------

stupinder
29-05-2008, 13:15
Here's what i've got
Sam Fox Watching You Watching Me - titter ye not
Djungle Confession - French rap
Bobby Darin Greatest Hits
Schubert String Quintet in C Major D 956 - Quartetto Fone Franco Rossi
Uto Ughi - Beethoven/Tchaikovsky Violin ConcertosDavid Oistrach - Brahms Concerto Op 77/Mozart Concerto KV 216 Orchestra RTSI (Otmar Nussio)
Vivaldi - epoque baroque -10cds in presentation case.

What would I like - Rock, prog, folk rock anything interesting really. I live in France but i'll post for free if you do the Same. stusmith@wanadoo.fr

Peter Stockwell
12-02-2009, 12:09
Here's what i've got

What would I like - Rock, prog, folk rock anything interesting really. I live in France but i'll post for free if you do the Same. stusmith@wanadoo.fr

Nice initiative, I'll have to see what I've got that may be interesting, or not.

Spectral Morn
10-05-2009, 09:41
Hi Guys

Someone should make this a sticky...maybe thats why this hasn't worked ? Out of sight and out of mind.

To get things stated again...I have a few CD's that are not quite to my taste, all have been played and are okay on my cd players.

Lushlife----Order Of Operations 2005...dance,soul,rap (I am not a big fan of rap). (Some slight marks on disc/jewel box scuffed.)

Octopus (Charles Uzzell-Edwards)...minimalist electronica (for the lovers of Milton Subotsky, Terry riley, Philip Glass etc. ( Ultra RARE...Some slight marks on disc/jewel box scuffed.)

Polygon Window----Surfing on the sine wave. Aphex twin related. This just does not work for me. (As New)

Squarepusher----Ultravisitor. Similar to above. Wee bit to avant garde for me. (As New)

Portishead----Third. Prefer the first album to this one.(New)

The Tuss----Rushup Edge. More minimal electronica/dance. (As New)

Daedelus----Denies the day's demise. Drum and bass style electronica/dance but not to my taste. (As New)

CSS---Cansei De Ser Sexy. Great music but lyrics way to rude for me to be comfortable listening to. (As New)

Mahler---Symphony No1 LSO Live SACD/CD. Bought a double of this. (Still sealed, never opened.)

These were all speculative purchases(no opportunity to hear them).

Make me offers..... I like Dance music(not rave or the like)more chill out, Melodic Rock, Jazz-Rock-Fusion, Prog Rock, Classical, Female singer song writer,Male singer song writers, Electronic Pop etc....that sort of thing. SACD or DVD Audio discs also welcome.

Regards D S D L

John
10-05-2009, 11:24
Hi Neil
It used to be a sticky for several months I am more than willing to do that again if people will use it