PDA

View Full Version : Hello

vinylist
19-11-2017, 09:07
Hello

Have been a bit of a lurker here for a while - thought it time to get involved!

My music tastes are pretty wide and can jump about...currently with some jazz (usual suspects through to the likes of GoGo Penguin) and classic singer-songwriter (Martyn, Drake) sort of leanings.

System's a Hana cart on a Planar 3 / Slee era gold / Mastersound Dueventi / Shahinian SEs. I'm keen to find ways to get a bit more out of the Rega...

Look forward to chatting with some of the friendly folk here.

jandl100
19-11-2017, 09:32
Welcome, Rick.

Lots of vinyl fans here.
And jazz fans.
Not me, though, for either! :)

Nice system you have as well! -- the Planar 3 does seem the weak link, not sure how much you can squeeze out of a simple design like that. Time for an upgrade?

struth
19-11-2017, 09:35
Hi and welcome Rick. hope you enjoy your time here...:)

walpurgis
19-11-2017, 09:45
Hi Rick. Welcome to AOS.

Yes. Feel free to join in and chat with the members, they have a wealth of information and ideas.

I'm inclined to agree about the Rega. They are great as a starter deck, but there are other options. Upgrades can only take you so far and the total outlay can exceed the cost of buying something better.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

vinylist
19-11-2017, 18:56
Thanks all for the welcome. Funnily enough it was the P3 (one of the new Regas) that set me off on the slippery slope of putting the rest of the system together! I like it a lot - but wise words on upgrades vs upgrades, hopefully some fun to be had exploring.

Dubster68
19-11-2017, 19:46
Hello Rick:D