PDA

View Full Version : For Sale - Verity Audio Rienzi speakers

Johnny nocash
04-11-2017, 18:34
Evening all. I am selling a pair of the above speakers for £3500.

Here's a link to my Ebay ad which has a decent description. They will be listed again over the weekend as I've got a £3 listing. If you require any further info please feel free to get in touch.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332437710498?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Here's a snippet of that embellished eBay description;

Absolutely stunning pair of Rienzi's in Makore finish.

The versatility of being able to reverse the bass cabinet to front or rear firing is an ingenious touch which makes room compatability so much easier.

This beautiful and compact floorstander is comprised of two separate enclosures for the drivers, and can be positioned with the low frequency driver facing toward either the front or back. This results in a very flexible speaker that excels in both small and larger rooms, presenting a huge soundstage in a variety of room placements.

Cash on collection from Muswell Hill north London much preferred.
I do have the original boxes & packing. I am prepared to post but this has to be at the buyers risk, I will therefore agree to his/her choice of courier. Postage cost is extra.

Thanks

Puffin
05-11-2017, 10:10
Nice looking speakers

https://i.imgur.com/gkCSrt6.jpg

Johnny nocash
07-11-2017, 22:29
Thanks for the comment Rob, appreciated.

Johnny nocash
11-11-2017, 16:23
Anyone seriously thinking about these are more than welcome for an audition. They would be hooked up to my valve monos so if you wanted to bring your own amplification that would be no problem.

Johnny nocash
14-11-2017, 19:19
Get up there

Johnny nocash
16-11-2017, 19:52
These are currently retailing at Audio Emotion for £8495.
So if you buy mine you'll have approx £5k for your cables!:eek:

hifinutt
18-11-2017, 22:20
yes and they actually have a pair still !!
these are beautifully sounding speakers which sound so natural . I really enjoyed listening to them . they are amazingly transparent with no hint of fatigue

https://youtu.be/_K-zB1Lq3Tk

Lawrence001
18-11-2017, 22:25
These are currently retailing at Audio Emotion for £8495.
So if you buy mine you'll have approx £5k for your cables!:eek:Or buy a pair of Wharfedale Diamonds and imagine how good your cables would sound with £8400 to spend on them!

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

hifinutt
18-11-2017, 23:06
the verity sound good even with basic cables , no need to spend huge amounts at all with them

Johnny nocash
19-11-2017, 19:52
yes and they actually have a pair still !!
these are beautifully sounding speakers which sound so natural . I really enjoyed listening to them . they are amazingly transparent with no hint of fatigue

Many thanks for the endorsement Phil.
They're not cheap by any stretch but they are quality in all respects. It's a crime that there's not a greater familiarity with Verity on these shores. That could change though with the likes of audio emotion becoming dealers.

hifinutt
20-11-2017, 19:42
from the the review in ultraaudio and I agree with 99% of it

While I expected a somewhat similar sonic experience to what I’d had with the Parsifal Ovations, I wasn’t prepared for how much alike the two speakers would sound. After the Rienzis had settled in for a few hours and lost their huffiness at being moved about, I was immediately aware of just how easy they were to listen to. As I’ve said in other reviews, how loudly and how long I can play a pair of speakers depends on their upper-midrange prominence and harshness. While I can appreciate a speaker with a more forward tonal balance, I can’t listen to one for long, or at too high a volume. There’s a big difference, I feel, between speakers that go out of their way to present detail and information, and those that, first and foremost, present music. The Rienzi, like the Parsifal Ovation, made music.

Also like the Parsifal Ovation, the Rienzi had a silkiness in the highs and an utter lack of bite in the upper midrange. As a direct result of this smoothness, it begged to be played loud. Keith Jarrett’s The Köln Concert [2 LPs, ECM 1064/65 ST] is beautifully recorded, but it has a tendency to get a touch clangy; there’s a slight upper-midrange prominence to his piano. Despite that, it’s glorious music, a lusty celebration reminiscent of Charles Mingus’s "Better Get Hit in Yo’ Soul," and as such needs to be played loud. I kept returning to this recording, as it speaks volumes about what the Rienzi did so very well. "Part I" begins introspectively, Jarrett noodling away as if there’s no one else in the room. Each note is redolent with sustain, and the tails of the harmonics filled my listening room with rich, strain-free sound.

Remember, the Rienzi’s midrange lacks a low-pass crossover; throughout an album such as The Köln Concert, the midrange driver is reproducing essentially the piano’s entire range. Sure, the woofer helps fill in the bottom, and the tweeter undoubtedly helps with some top-octave air, but for all intents and purposes, this is a one-driver speaker. And it showed. The Rienzi’s midrange was startlingly quick, reacting to dynamic shifts with an electrostatic-like agility that drew me into the music from day one.

Strain-free -- that was the key to the Rienzi’s sound. There were no sharp edges, but there was a wealth of detail and tons of air. Your ears might have perked up at my mention of smoothness, which you might have assumed was a code word for lack of extension. That wasn’t the case. If you were to listen to the Rienzi immediately after auditioning a more aggressive speaker, you might at first feel that the Verity leaned slightly toward the polite side of the spectrum, and to some extent you’d be right. But after a few minutes’ listening, you’d most likely reach for the volume control, crank it up, and settle in for the long haul with a smile on your face. Gil Evans’ Out of the Cool [LP, MCA Impulse! 29033] is the strangest big-band album. Evans’ scoring is so sparse it’s almost invisible, long periods of peaceful introspection interspersed with moments of discordant clatter. But it’s loaded with percussion details, and the liner notes include a map of where each bandmember sat and which microphones were used where. If that isn’t handy for an audio reviewer, what is?

The cymbals on "La Nevada" should sound brassy and detailed, and the Rienzis reproduced them with the full complement of requisite overtones, adding no extra glare but including a full dose of the bite that I know is present on this recording. In a like manner, the woodwinds on this track can get a bit shouty, most likely due to the poor state of my LP. While the Rienzis didn’t beat me over the head about it, they did inform me in no uncertain terms that perhaps I might want to look into getting a new copy.

https://www.ultraaudio.com/equipment/verity_rienzi.htm

Johnny nocash
24-11-2017, 19:51
Thanks for that post Phil... Absolutely colossal!

I appreciate that it's 'that' time of year & these speakers ain't cheap. Therefore if anyone was toying with the idea but was struggling with their hard earned then I'll consider part ex deals against them.
I don't know what to suggest so anything considered.
Bring 'em on...
Cheers

Lawrence001
24-11-2017, 21:36
Surprised Phil hasn't suggested you make a video so everyone can hear the sound quality :lol:

hifinutt
24-11-2017, 21:39
ah having been ribbed about that recently I shall decline !!! lets just say I miss these dreadfully .

Johnny nocash
30-11-2017, 00:33
Part ex's and Swaps considered too, with cash going either way

Slim
03-12-2017, 21:00
Hi, they seem great! What swap would you be considering?

Johnny nocash
04-12-2017, 00:09
Leggy blondes, sultry brunnettes.
What ya got Slim? PM me

Slim
04-12-2017, 21:39
Leggy blondes, definitely ;)

Johnny nocash
08-12-2017, 10:47
Too good for AV duty folks

Johnny nocash
10-12-2017, 15:28
With regards to possible deals on speakers, I'm interested in Audionote E or maybe J. Also Heco Direkt and WLM floorstanders. Others still considered though.

Johnny nocash
20-01-2018, 21:09
Add Sonus Faber Amati homage to the last post

ovlov854
21-01-2018, 11:51
Add Sonus Faber Amati homage to the last post

You would need masses of space to make those work
SWMBO has forbidden Amati's into our house:violin:

Johnny nocash
21-01-2018, 12:06
You would need masses of space to make those work
SWMBO has forbidden Amati's into our house:violin:

I know Martin. Mind you, I had read that the Avalon Ascendants needed room but they worked a treat in my place & at fellow AoS'er who had even less space. Are you referring to room volume, space around speaker or both?

ovlov854
21-01-2018, 17:09
Both really.From what I can deduce a flat wall and protruding at least 6 feet into room. Either side of a chimney breast a distinct no no.
I would kill for a pair (Don't tell SWMBO)

Johnny nocash
21-01-2018, 17:25
Both really.From what I can deduce a flat wall and protruding at least 6 feet into room. Either side of a chimney breast a distinct no no.
I would kill for a pair (Don't tell SWMBO)

In general I've also found that it helps not to tell the person that you're gonna kill 'em.
If you want to save yourself a lot of hassle you ought to buy these Rienzi's. Not so expensive in every way��

hifinutt
21-01-2018, 18:00
very high waf factor with the rienzi , just been looking at a pair of these for rather more on the continent

http://www.audio-markt.de/_markt/item.php?id=5835313093&

from the review
Like all of the other Veritys other than the Tamino, the Rienzi is a two-box affair, its upper cabinet being essentially a standalone minimonitor that’s usable without augmentation. Indeed, the Verity Parsifal Ovation, which I reviewed for SoundStage! last year, is widely used as a monitor speaker in recording studios. Separated from the monitor by an MDF platform sandwiched between Sorbothane discs, the bass module uses Verity’s signature rear-firing woofer, which, the company claims, uses a room’s front corners for additional bass reinforcement, thereby allowing their designs to produce the same bass for which other companies require larger drivers.

That rear-firing woofer is an 8" paper cone from Scan-Speak. Firing out into the world from a ported cabinet, the woofer reaches down to a claimed 35Hz. That means it’ll reproduce any naturally generated sound other than the longest pipes of an organ, or the lowest notes of a Bösendorfer 290 Imperial concert grand. Fair enough, thought I. That covers everything I normally listen to; we should be fine.

The Rienzi’s 3/4" soft-dome tweeter is manufactured by Scan-Speak, its midrange by SEAS. As in the Parsifal, Verity runs the Rienzi’s midrange without an upper crossover, using the driver’s own mechanical limitations to roll off the upper frequencies.

While I expected a somewhat similar sonic experience to what I’d had with the Parsifal Ovations, I wasn’t prepared for how much alike the two speakers would sound. After the Rienzis had settled in for a few hours and lost their huffiness at being moved about, I was immediately aware of just how easy they were to listen to. As I’ve said in other reviews, how loudly and how long I can play a pair of speakers depends on their upper-midrange prominence and harshness. While I can appreciate a speaker with a more forward tonal balance, I can’t listen to one for long, or at too high a volume. There’s a big difference, I feel, between speakers that go out of their way to present detail and information, and those that, first and foremost, present music. The Rienzi, like the Parsifal Ovation, made music.

https://www.ultraaudio.com/equipment/verity_rienzi.htm

this is a speaker you can play for hours with no fatigue , i am after the parsifals or otello longterm as they are so good but these cost a huge amount more than these bargains

hifinutt
21-01-2018, 18:04
l84POdGEfsI

Johnny nocash
01-02-2018, 10:41
Well it seems the deal I had sorted for these is not going to happen. So.....

Bump. Reasonable offers invited.

Johnny nocash
02-02-2018, 11:04
As with the Avalon Ascendents I'm selling,

All reasonable cash offers considered.

Part exchange deals involving all hifi equipment welcomed.

ovlov854
06-02-2018, 15:44
l84POdGEfsI

Found these :stalks: with your name on.Phil........:stalks:

/www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VERITY-PARSIFAL-ENCORE-speakers-pair-with-original-crates/263288522709?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

hifinutt
06-02-2018, 21:48
martin

you are a gent , yes these are the first edition and they have quite damaged veneer so would need renovation . another black pair on ebay well overpriced imho but these verity should be more well known . anyone who like likes harbeth sound or similar would love them and the sense of realism is palpable .

they are incredibly rare in uk , for some strange reason they all seem to be in europe as few on audiogon even though they are canadian .

Johnny nocash
11-02-2018, 22:53
Never mind Phil, lets these sold😉

Johnny nocash
18-02-2018, 21:57
SOLD

hifinutt
20-02-2018, 18:47
so nice to see a very very happy new owner . congratulations . these are harbeth beaters and lots of other beaters too !!

Johnny nocash
20-02-2018, 21:12
Cheers for the comment Phil, I reckon the new owner is going to be very happy man judging by his reaction upon hearing them. In fact, many thanks for your efforts during this sale, very much appreciated.