PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know who supplies Sony parts in the UK?

twelvebears
14-02-2010, 15:09
I did actually find the company in question (it's an authorised reseller rather than Sony themselves) somehow on Friday, but now I can't, no matter how I try and it's driving my nuts!!

Audiocom AV
14-02-2010, 16:01
I did actually find the company in question (it's an authorised reseller rather than Sony themselves) somehow on Friday, but now I can't, no matter how I try and it's driving my nuts!!

Hello

Be driven nuts no more.

Charles Hyde & Son;
http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/

twelvebears
14-02-2010, 16:13
Hello

Be driven nuts no more.

Charles Hyde & Son;
http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/

Hi Mark.

Thanks but no, it's not that one. The one I found had numerous parts for the SCD-777ES, this only has one...

The unit I bagged on the cheap has a large scratch on one side panel and the site I found listed it as a spares item.

Will need to get it to you for you to work on in due course but will probably have to deliver and collect it myself as it doesn't have the original packaging....

Audiocom AV
14-02-2010, 16:57
Hi Mark.

Thanks but no, it's not that one. The one I found had numerous parts for the SCD-777ES, this only has one...

The unit I bagged on the cheap has a large scratch on one side panel and the site I found listed it as a spares item.

Will need to get it to you for you to work on in due course but will probably have to deliver and collect it myself as it doesn't have the original packaging....

Hi Steve

I will have a search for you.

Which side panel is scratched, left or right? With the Sony part # for it you can make an enquiry to Charles Hyde, they will check availability and get back. We can also search of Sony spares centres with this.

Cheers,
Mark

DSJR
14-02-2010, 19:18
Mark,

'Scuse me for butting in, but do you know of any source for the Philips CD-M1 laser pen? Mine is working fine at the moment and if I could find a NOS light-pen I'd seriously save to get the Micro-Seiki up to you for a serious upgrade. It's not worth doing if the laser only has a few years left and then scrap the machine :(

Audiocom AV
16-02-2010, 14:13
Mark,

'Scuse me for butting in, but do you know of any source for the Philips CD-M1 laser pen? Mine is working fine at the moment and if I could find a NOS light-pen I'd seriously save to get the Micro-Seiki up to you for a serious upgrade. It's not worth doing if the laser only has a few years left and then scrap the machine :(

Hi Dave

No luck with finding a CD-M1 laser pen, not given up yet.

Cheers,
Mark

DSJR
16-02-2010, 18:19
They weren't that expensive either back in 97 when mine was last done (and aligned with the proper mirror jig too.....). Marantz still had a goodly number as well IIRC...

Always an "If Only" isn't there...........................