PDA

View Full Version : Greetings From The New Forest

CliveG
09-10-2017, 15:57
Hello all.
My name is Clive, I am a retired engineer fortunate enough to be able to live in a beautiful part of the country, the New Forest.
I am not a prolific poster, but if I am stuck for an answer to something I will ask a question, and similarly if somebody asks a question that I know something about I will try to help.
My system has evolved through much swopping and changing, and like many of my sort of age, has ended up with vintage idler drive TTs, valve amps and big Tannoys with a good music server/streamer and cd player as a digital front end.
Music taste is very eclectic, jazz, blues, rock, pop, opera, and all classical genres.
Regards
Clive

struth
09-10-2017, 16:00
Will the Conqueror country then... Welcome Clive. Jazz and Blues will do me too:)

WESTLOWER
09-10-2017, 16:03
sounds like you are in the right company Clive..welcome:smoking:

montesquieu
09-10-2017, 17:55
Hello all.
My name is Clive, I am a retired engineer fortunate enough to be able to live in a beautiful part of the country, the New Forest.
I am not a prolific poster, but if I am stuck for an answer to something I will ask a question, and similarly if somebody asks a question that I know something about I will try to help.
My system has evolved through much swopping and changing, and like many of my sort of age, has ended up with vintage idler drive TTs, valve amps and big Tannoys with a good music server/streamer and cd player as a digital front end.
Music taste is very eclectic, jazz, blues, rock, pop, opera, and all classical genres.
Regards
Clive

Indeed should fit in nicely round here.

ovlov854
09-10-2017, 18:25
Plenty of Tannoy lovers round here. A warm welcome:):)

speedracer
09-10-2017, 20:12
Hi Clive, nice to see a familiar face here, how are things, it sounds like you might have changed one or two things since i saw your awesome system?

Mind you, I know the feeling, still not totally settled mine yet either although it is a lot nearer to how I want it to be,

walpurgis
09-10-2017, 20:59
Hi Clive. Welcome to AOS.

Your equipment choices will sound familiar to many of us here, good vintage gear is well liked.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here. Have a look around and join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

CliveG
10-10-2017, 09:35
Thank you all for your welcome.
Tom, I 'm still weighing up the EAR 861 I bought from you against the Shindos. I mainly listen to the EAR and it drives the 15" Reds really well, but every now and again I connect up the Shindos and oh, how sweet and nuanced that SET sound is. I can't keep both in the long run so will probably have to decide to let the Shindos go eventually.
Brook, nice to hear from you. I think when you were last over I had the Audio Note AN Es but now have Tannoy GRF Corner Horns. You are very welcome to come for a listen.

montesquieu
10-10-2017, 11:17
Thank you all for your welcome.
Tom, I 'm still weighing up the EAR 861 I bought from you against the Shindos. I mainly listen to the EAR and it drives the 15" Reds really well, but every now and again I connect up the Shindos and oh, how sweet and nuanced that SET sound is. I can't keep both in the long run so will probably have to decide to let the Shindos go eventually.
Brook, nice to hear from you. I think when you were last over I had the Audio Note AN Es but now have Tannoy GRF Corner Horns. You are very welcome to come for a listen.

Nice to see you here Clive I didn't make the connection! You aren't alone making the journey from E's to Tannoys and the associated journey from SET to PP. The 16ohm taps on the EAR make it absolutely ideal for the Reds.

speedracer
11-10-2017, 15:25
Hey Clive, that would be lovely, an invitation that I cannot refuse, shall we swap numbers via pm?

CliveG
11-10-2017, 16:06
Brook, I have emailed you.

Spectral Morn
11-10-2017, 20:46
Welcome to AoS

petrat
18-10-2017, 18:52
Hi Clive .... good to see you here!
Nice problem to have ... Shindo or EAR? :D