PDA

View Full Version : WTD: Thorens td150

Wakefield Turntables
08-10-2017, 19:50
Looking for a TT for my missus for her birthday. Dosen't have to be perfect, quite happy to restore.

Geoff101
08-10-2017, 22:21
I've got a couple.

A MK1 in pretty good order but with no arm.
A MK2 not so good cosmetically with an incomplete original arm (missing bias weight and rider weight which appears to have been broken off).
No lid on either.

£100 each plus postage or swaps for something.

worrasf
09-10-2017, 13:30
I have a Mk1 in excellent condition. Custom plinth/base /lid with SME 3009 II and AKG P8es supernova (about 20 hours on it) just sitting doing nothing. Not thought about moving it on until your post. Am away at present so can’t post photies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wakefield Turntables
09-10-2017, 20:09
I have a Mk1 in excellent condition. Custom plinth/base /lid with SME 3009 II and AKG P8es supernova (about 20 hours on it) just sitting doing nothing. Not thought about moving it on until your post. Am away at present so can’t post photies

That sounds like it could be an expensive TD150, but also very nice. Any idea of cost.

Wakefield Turntables
09-10-2017, 20:10
I've got a couple.

A MK1 in pretty good order but with no arm.
A MK2 not so good cosmetically with an incomplete original arm (missing bias weight and rider weight which appears to have been broken off).
No lid on either.

£100 each plus postage or swaps for something.

Any pics?

worrasf
10-10-2017, 08:25
That sounds like it could be an expensive TD150, but also very nice. Any idea of cost.

It is very nice. The SME is mint and was rewired and had phono socket conversion by J7 at Audio origami. It also has the SME fluid damper!
The AKG is NOS - I sent it to the guy in Germany (forgot his name) to get it checked out before ever mounting who declared it perfect.

I bought/built to go with a Quad 33/303/FM3 (in wood sleeve) and JR149 system I put together for a “second system “ but as is the way of things I’ve played it about 20 times in the last 3 years as it’s now the defacto “third system” - TBH I might move the whole lot on and let someone enjoy. The Quads are superb having had the full Net Audio treatment. The JR149’s are perfect having had the latest XO’s, “original” ribbed foams and new French polishing. I spent a fortune doing it all and now just gathering dust in my study.

Sorry, digressing. I’d not thought of a price for the TD150 but I guess it’s worth around £750 all in.

You are most welcome to see/listen if you are in the Bradford/Skipton area anytime.

Wakefield Turntables
10-10-2017, 08:49
It is very nice. The SME is mint and was rewired and had phono socket conversion by J7 at Audio origami. It also has the SME fluid damper!
The AKG is NOS - I sent it to the guy in Germany (forgot his name) to get it checked out before ever mounting who declared it perfect.

I bought/built to go with a Quad 33/303/FM3 (in wood sleeve) and JR149 system I put together for a “second system “ but as is the way of things I’ve played it about 20 times in the last 3 years as it’s now the defacto “third system” - TBH I might move the whole lot on and let someone enjoy. The Quads are superb having had the full Net Audio treatment. The JR149’s are perfect having had the latest XO’s, “original” ribbed foams and new French polishing. I spent a fortune doing it all and now just gathering dust in my study.

Sorry, digressing. I’d not thought of a price for the TD150 but I guess it’s worth around £750 all in.

You are most welcome to see/listen if you are in the Bradford/Skipton area anytime.

tbh £750 is more than I want to spend. I just want something to play a few old records and maybe get bashed by a young 3 year old! Your third system sounds like mine. An old lenco g75'p, some 149s, and a quad 405 Mk2!!

worrasf
10-10-2017, 10:46
tbh £750 is more than I want to spend. I just want something to play a few old records and maybe get bashed by a young 3 year old! Your third system sounds like mine. An old lenco g75'p, some 149s, and a quad 405 Mk2!!

De nada. Hope you find something suitable.

take5
10-10-2017, 11:11
Does it have to be a 150.

I have a thorens 125 that I will sell. works perfectly, but the faceplate is a little tarnished. comes in plinth.

I can send pics, if of interest.

Wakefield Turntables
10-10-2017, 12:00
Does it have to be a 150.

I have a thorens 125 that I will sell. works perfectly, but the faceplate is a little tarnished. comes in plinth.

I can send pics, if of interest.
anything really so long as it spins and plays. Please send some photos

Geoff101
10-10-2017, 14:34
Any pics?

This is the MK2:

http://www.g32.co.uk/images/TD150_1.JPG

http://www.g32.co.uk/images/TD150_2.JPG

I'll try to remember to take some of the Mk1 this evening.

take5
11-10-2017, 12:38
here are a couple of pictures.

It runs really well. Very quiet, with no issues, except the cosmetics of the control panel, which may may clean up, I havent tried

Plinth is in great condition. There is a lid somewhere. I'll have to find it in a cupboard. I dont think it was original to the turntable.

£160. Im sorry I wont post it. I may be able to meet, depending on where you are.

I still have the SME 3009 ser 2 arm that was on it. It is for sale too.

Thanks