PDA

View Full Version : Audioworks cables

doodoos
06-02-2010, 08:59
I like em and have em but not the new version which now has a healthy price tag. Anybody tried/heard the new Furuteched versions?

Snoopdog
06-02-2010, 10:46
I bought six of the MusicWorks ReCoil DCT power cords and had them 'upgraded' with the Furutech UK mains and IEC 'bling' connectors about a year ago. Following listening tests, I experimented by removing the outermost PVC sheathing from each length of cable and substituting it with fire-retardant expandable braid, sealed with heat shrink at each terminated end (simialr in appearance to the new MusicWorks cables).

To my ears and in my system, I do feel that the replacement of the very expensive Furutech connectors have been worthwhile. Likewise, substituting the PVC outer sheathing with expandable braid has taken the foot off the throat of musicality of the stock cable. More definition, more palpibility and a greater sense of ease and flow to the music.

The addition of the Furutech connectors adds £260 (at RRP) to the cost of each ReCoil (£200 RRP) making for a substantial expensive mains power cord.

I have heard the new versions, which have a different design methadology and they do indeed bring something extra to the party.

DSJR
06-02-2010, 11:42
I bet the Mark Grant creams it.......:D

Steve Toy
06-02-2010, 12:52
;)