PDA

View Full Version : Sl1210 power problem

diviy
15-08-2017, 10:14
My SL1210 it is losing power when I am half way through playing a l.p.. It has a timstep power supply I have just put it on has not lasted five min just shuts down power supply stone cold .Any ideas what to check first power supply or deck ?

Cheers Gerry

walpurgis
15-08-2017, 10:31
Undo the last alteration you made and see what happens then. That may point to where the problem lies.

If the TT works OK back on its original PSU. Then look at the Timestep power supply. Make sure it was fitted properly and is functioning correctly. You may need advice from the maker.

diviy
15-08-2017, 11:02
I have not made any mods in the last year it is a early timestep power supply don't have the original power supply any more it has only just started happening in the last few days !
So it has gone from shutting down half way through a album to shutting down after five min then tried this morning lite up for a couple of seconds and nothing now check plug fuse all ok

Simon_Nottingham
15-08-2017, 11:08
If you have a multi-meter, check the output from the PSU where it's soldered onto the circuit board at the turntable end.

dimkasta
13-09-2017, 12:07
That sounds like an overheating problem.

Make sure that the PSU gets all the ventilation it requires and that the regulators are properly tightened on the heatsink

Audio Al
13-09-2017, 12:13
Contact Timestep for advice ;)

dimkasta
13-09-2017, 12:18
Contact Timestep for advice ;)

Oh... Al is right... I responded in a hurry, thinking it's a DIY module or something.