PDA

View Full Version : Silver speaker cables

Covenant
31-01-2010, 11:53
I have 2 x 3metres of silver speaker cable available terminated with silver spades. I bought this about two years ago as bankrupt stock. It sold at the time at about £150, since then silver has increased in price.
I cant tell you much more about it except is exceptionally good and I would definetely not be selling it but for repositioning equipment and the cable now being too short. The cable I have replaced it with is also silver but is not as good and cost twice the price.
One of the spades has been bent at 90% to suit my amp-I will leave it like that as you may find it suits yours. Other than that first class condition.
So before it goes on Ebay I am offering it to AOS members at the price I paid £40 plus £3 for P&P.

Covenant
31-01-2010, 14:01
SOLD (you gotta be quick if you want a bargain......)

Puffin
31-01-2010, 17:29
I was tempted, but you got mail and you will see what I mean.

Covenant
31-01-2010, 17:45
Our favourite expunged AOS member bought them!

Puffin
31-01-2010, 18:47
Aaaah.

Marco
31-01-2010, 22:18
Our favourite expunged AOS member bought them!

Who's that, then Jerry? :eyebrows:

Marco.

Spectral Morn
31-01-2010, 22:28

Marco.

Just what he needs...a brighter system;)

Regards D S D L

Covenant
01-02-2010, 07:37

Marco.

I am not sure I should say his name, just someone who was a regular contributor and really enjoyed the knowledge he gained and a little banter amongst friends. I keep in touch because I like his company.

Covenant
01-02-2010, 07:40
Just what he needs...a brighter system;)

Regards D S D L

Personally I think its a bit of a myth about brightness. Perhaps some people confuse clarity with brightness. Anyway if they dont suit his system he will probably sell them at a profit.

Marco
01-02-2010, 10:32
I am not sure I should say his name, just someone who was a regular contributor and really enjoyed the knowledge he gained and a little banter amongst friends. I keep in touch because I like his company.

Dave K?

It honestly doesn't matter, Jerry - I was just curious :)

Marco.

Steve Toy
01-02-2010, 11:12
It can't be Dave K. He knows bugger-all about hi-fi.

Marco
01-02-2010, 11:18
Spill the beans then, Jerry!! :lol:

The suspenders are killing me.....

Marco.

Covenant
01-02-2010, 14:53
It was indeed Dave K. He is exactly the type of person I would have as a forum member-enthusiastic, humourous and not afraid to admit his limited knowledge about hifi. You must have your reasons but I do think it very sad that he is no longer active on the forum. :(

Marco
01-02-2010, 15:29
Thanks for clearing that up, Jerry. I suspected that it was him you were referring to :)

You must have your reasons but I do think it very sad that he is no longer active on the forum.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but I think that's probably because you were never exposed to his, errm (I'm trying desperately to find the right word here) 'difficult' side.... ;)

As for legitimate reasons for his banning, there's a list longer than both of your arms and legs put together :rolleyes:

Apart from anything else (and trust me there are plenty of things I could mention), are you aware that he was recently trolling on AOS (as a banned ex-member) under the pseudonym of 'mercury1' (creating another SIX dormant trolling accounts in the process to use at a later date, which have since been deleted), during which time he caused all manner of grief by subjecting us to his unwanted presence?

He can't seem to get it into his head that (unless you're invited back by the owners) you don't re-register to any site where you've been banned from, EVER - no matter the reason.

If you're feeling particularly bored, read the thread where 'theoldtrout' joins AOS here: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5026, and the shit-stirring, time wasting, and general trouble-making (bearing in mind that he shouldn't have been there in the first place!) 'mercury1' gets up to on that thread.

Anyway, whomever you're friendly with in private off of the forum has nothing to do with us. I just thought that I should add a little balance by providing some insight from our side of the situation. The most important thing is that you've sold your speaker cables and that the new owner (I presume) is delighted with them.

Job done! :cool:

Marco.

Steve Toy
01-02-2010, 20:32
It is also worth pointing out that the decision to ban him was not taken solely by Marco and myself. All eight members of the mod/admin team voted on his removal, seven of which voted for his banning with just one abstention.

I've had my difficulties with this gentleman of late. As some of you may recall I had a January clearout sale of one or two odds and ends and these included three Music Works mains leads (two ReCoil and one Plus leads) Chord Signature speaker terminal jumper leads and a Rega Ear headphone amp.

The Rega headphone amp and the Chord Sig jumper leads have now been sold but the three mains leads still for sale. Dave K offered to buy the Plus lead from me for the asking price of £45. I saw no reason not to let him buy the lead, the sale was agreed and his bank details were provided in exchange for my address. Later that day he emailed me to say he had changed his mind. I had no problem with that and just said, ok, no probs.

Then the Mercury1/theoldtrout shenagigans kicked off and Dave insisted on emailing me with his version of events with a generous dose of self-justification on his part. I replied to each and every one of his emails over a period of a couple of hours when perhaps I should have ignored him. I pointed out that trying to post on a site where you have been banned constitutes harassment. He responded by suggesting that replying to his emails was also a form of harassment. :doh: I only sent one email back for each one he sent to me. I was working at the time and so composed my replies on my Blackberry between jobs sat on the taxi rank.

During this exchange he chose to mention to me for the first time that he'd transfered the £45 to my bank account for the lead that he no longer wanted and I was therefore in his debt. Why hadn't he pointed this out to me when he first pulled out of the deal? :mental: I asked him for his bank details and these were forthcoming in the next missive.

I tried to refund the money at my bank via the same fast payment method but for some reason the bank details he provided were not compatible with the system, at least not without the actual name of the bank and branch. The sort code was some sort of holding account according to the bank teller.

I tried to contact him to point this out but he was only interested in justifying his recent actions before ignoring my request for bank details that actually work for nearly two weeks. He's recently been in touch again only to provide me with the same bank details although I now have the name of the bank to work with. Failing this he wants a Paypal transaction, which will result in fees being deducted from the total, or a cheque in the post which I'm loathe to sending, given that cheques can go missing or can take up to six months before the funds leave your account if the recipent decides to sit on the cheque for that long.

I shall try my luck with the bank later this week but I'm tempted just to send the money to Haiti.

Mike
01-02-2010, 21:48
Hmmm... shouldn't these 'financial issues' be resolved in private? :scratch:

Joe
01-02-2010, 21:58
And should we be discussing a banned member who has no right of reply?

Marco
01-02-2010, 22:10
Hi Joe,

Jerry was simply being provided with some rationale for why Dave K was banned, the reasons for which he was clearly unaware of.

Steve will no doubt in due course give reasons for mentioning his business transactions with Dave in the public domain, which I know to have been carefully considered.

Marco.

Spectral Morn
01-02-2010, 22:26
And should we be discussing a banned member who has no right of reply?

Oh he has, on every forum hes a member, where he slags AoS off on a regular basis. Its very strange to my mind that he wants back here, when he is so vocal about what he thinks of AoS and its owners elsewhere...in a very unpleasant manner imho.

However, its my opinion (not necessarily AoS's) that he thrives on this sort of crap, so I for one don't really want him mentioned in public on this forum. There is also the issue of lack of right of reply here...so lets stop taking about him (thus robbing him, of the oxygen of crap and controversy he seems to love and need..he is a very mischievous man imho)...please.

+ we are crapping all over Jerry's thread.

Regards D S D L

Marco
01-02-2010, 22:42
Fair enough, as far as I'm concerned :)

Marco.

Steve Toy
05-02-2010, 16:52
I've succeeded in making a transfer of £45 to Mr Kendrick's account. I'm now debt free in his direction!

Stratmangler
05-02-2010, 21:46
I've succeeded in making a transfer of £45 to Mr Kendrick's account. I'm now debt free in his direction!

IIRC the K part of DaveK's username did not stand for Kendrick.

If you've transferred the funds to someone called Kendrick then you've sent them to the wrong place.

Chris;)

Steve Toy
05-02-2010, 22:23
I sent them whence they came. The money came from a chap called kendrick and have been refunded to a chap of the same name.

Stratmangler
05-02-2010, 22:32
I sent them whence they came. The money came from a chap called kendrick and have been refunded to a chap of the same name.

I have just checked through the archive, and I did not recollect correctly. Apologies.

Chris:)