PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Dubmart
14-08-2017, 17:52
I'm Martin, I was bitten by the hi fi bug as a kid more than thirty years ago, got my first separates system at seventeen and dabbled on and off since, main system is ATC 50s driven by Bryston amps, I do have a bit of an addiction to record decks, currently have a Michell Orbe/SME IV/vdH MC2, Roksan Xerxes 10/Artemis/MC3000, Gyro SE/Technoarm/MC 30 Supreme, SL-1210/RB600/OM10, JVC QL-Y5F/OM10, a currently boxed Ariston RD90/Alphason Delta/Linn K9 and awaiting restoration 1954 grease bearing 301 to go with a SME M2-12R/Miyajima Zero B, there may be a few other things including a 4hf, G-99 and GL-75, but writing them all down makes me feel guilty, I also have an assortment of carts; Supex 900, 1000, Shure V15 III, SC35C, etc., etc.

I've been slightly involved in the music business for over twenty years, and am currently involved in three labels, I also have tons of experience in music retail, music wise I collect Jazz, Blues, Reggae, Soul, Funk, African music and Soundtracks, I also have a decent Hip Hop collection and some nice Rock and pop, I think that covers it, oh I do buy CDs in addition to records.

struth
14-08-2017, 18:06
Hi Martin, welcome to the forum. Was a record and cd collector myself; now have a much smaller collection.

Arkless Electronics
14-08-2017, 18:17
Welcome Martin. Now then... I just need to get you sorted with about 10 phono stages :D

Dubmart
14-08-2017, 18:22
Thank you Grant and Jez, now how about building a phono stage with 10 inputs? Okay, I'm not sure there will be a big demand for it.:)

walpurgis
15-08-2017, 08:31
Hi Martin. Welcome to AOS.

I see you like your turntables. Quite a few of us here are the same. Tell us what the rest of your gear is.

There's lots going on here, so take a look around and join in the fun. It's a friendly place.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

stairpost
14-03-2018, 14:23
I'm Martin, I was bitten by the hi fi bug as a kid more than thirty years ago, got my first separates system at seventeen and dabbled on and off since, main system is ATC 50s driven by Bryston amps, I do have a bit of an addiction to record decks, currently have a Michell Orbe/SME IV/vdH MC2, Roksan Xerxes 10/Artemis/MC3000, Gyro SE/Technoarm/MC 30 Supreme, SL-1210/RB600/OM10, JVC QL-Y5F/OM10, a currently boxed Ariston RD90/Alphason Delta/Linn K9 and awaiting restoration 1954 grease bearing 301 to go with a SME M2-12R/Miyajima Zero B, there may be a few other things including a 4hf, G-99 and GL-75, but writing them all down makes me feel guilty, I also have an assortment of carts; Supex 900, 1000, Shure V15 III, SC35C, etc., etc.

I've been slightly involved in the music business for over twenty years, and am currently involved in three labels, I also have tons of experience in music retail, music wise I collect Jazz, Blues, Reggae, Soul, Funk, African music and Soundtracks, I also have a decent Hip Hop collection and some nice Rock and pop, I think that covers it, oh I do buy CDs in addition to records.

You are too modest Martin :)

Dub king and pillar of Bristol's musical community would be closer :)