PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Stax SRM-T1S or T1S and Lambda signature

Colin151
11-08-2017, 13:10
I'm looking for eiither a Stax SRM-T1S electrostatic headphone amp from the early 1990s on its own or the commonly sold package of that particular amp with Stax Lambda Signature phone. If anyone has a package with a different Stax phone I'd consider that too.

I'm only after this particular amp as it has a normal bias socket that I need for a couple of normal bias Stax phone I use. More recent Stax tube amps are no good for me unfortunately as they only have pro bias sockets.

I'd prefer a T1S as it has the bonus of balanced inputs but I would also consider the older and similar T1 from the 1980s as well.

Please let me know if you have anything.

Cheers,
Colin

Vulcanzero1
03-10-2017, 17:53
Hi Colin

A bit late I know but I'm thinking of selling my Stax SRM-T1S which I've had modified to 'Kimik' standard, therefore probably making it unique. Mint condition with manual, never had any problems with it. Happy for you to come over to Northampton and have a listen if you want through my SR009s or your own headphones.

Kimik Modifications and I quote:
•Your unit will be fitted with 2x matched pairs of high quality, cryogenically treated 6FQ7 tubes. In addition 2 pairs of E.A.T. Cool Dampers multi-functional tube rings have been fitted.
•Your energiser has been carefully set up with the bias, offset and balance checked using a special Stax test meter.
•Also with the fitting of the E.A.T. Tube dampers we achieve a lowering of the background noise thereby giving a more vivid presentation.
•This upgrade gives an increase in performance across the whole audio spectrum over the standard energiser

kind regards
Charles