PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Jelco SA-750 Tone Arm Lead

Dubster68
10-08-2017, 14:59
Due to my expensive Oyaide cable becoming faulty I keep losing one channel so looking for a not to expensive cable. I need one with a straight plug to fit a SA-750

Anyone ?

MikeMusic
10-08-2017, 15:44
Can you or someone repair it ?

Dubster68
10-08-2017, 16:29
Tried a few companies Mike and they wont touch it because I never bought from them. To be honest had a look inside the plug and there isn't really anything to solder to. The pins are tiny and you would need to be an expert to get in with the smallest soldering iron. The problem is the plug end nearest the turntable so it could be the plug at fault.

vinylspinner
10-08-2017, 17:29
Contact Dom at North West Analogue, he may be able to re solder the plug for you.

Nigel

bosa
10-08-2017, 18:19
Or Peter at Deco Audio. He sourced a new plug for one of my cables and terminated it.

Ammonite Audio
10-08-2017, 18:35
Due to my expensive Oyaide cable becoming faulty I keep losing one channel so looking for a not to expensive cable. I need one with a straight plug to fit a SA-750

Anyone ?

How much is 'not too expensive'? The Black Rhodium Stylus tonearm cable is a real cracker, having a lovely open, vibrant and dynamic sound character. It is fitted with a straight DIN connector and I currently have them on offer at £225.

RobbieGong
10-08-2017, 19:26
How much is 'not too expensive'? The Black Rhodium Stylus tonearm cable is a real cracker, having a lovely open, vibrant and dynamic sound character. It is fitted with a straight DIN connector and I currently have them on offer at £225.

Bloody good tonearm cable apparently http://theaudiophileman.com/black-rhodium-stylus-cable-give-hand-arm/
I know somewhere doing them at £350 ;)

Dubster68
10-08-2017, 19:31

That is a cracking price Hugo. I am going to see if I can get this Oyaide repaired first as its a good cable. If not I may just purchase one off you later this month. How long are they on offer?

Ammonite Audio
10-08-2017, 20:22
The offer applies only to my existing stocks of these cables, but you'll probably be fine at the end of the month.

Dubster68
10-08-2017, 20:30
The offer applies only to my existing stocks of these cables, but you'll probably be fine at the end of the month.

Excellent:D

worrasf
11-08-2017, 12:57
That is a cracking price Hugo. I am going to see if I can get this Oyaide repaired first as its a good cable.

I'd suggest contacting Yannis Tome at info@back-promo.com

If anyone can fix a tonearm cable it's him. I know he's currently in Greece - back sometime next month.

Steve

MikeMusic
12-08-2017, 16:15
I upgraded Oyaide to a Yannis cable. Worth talking to him for sure.

Hugo also knows what he is talking about !
:)

Dubster68
12-08-2017, 19:39
Well I have just managed to get a new plug so going to test my soldering skills Mike:eek: If it all goes wrong I think I will be buying the one Hugo is selling. Got to try the cheapest option first as the Oyaide is a good cable(When it works)

Dubster68
12-08-2017, 19:40
I'd suggest contacting Yannis Tome at info@back-promo.com

If anyone can fix a tonearm cable it's him. I know he's currently in Greece - back sometime next month.

Steve

Thanks Steve:thumbsup:

MikeMusic
13-08-2017, 14:10
Well I have just managed to get a new plug so going to test my soldering skills Mike:eek: If it all goes wrong I think I will be buying the one Hugo is selling. Got to try the cheapest option first as the Oyaide is a good cable(When it works)

Assume you have checked your iron's tip will be ok in the tiny space...
I came unstuck with an iron that just didn't do a high enough temp.
Just about the worst are the Canon/XLR plugs they use on the back of a lot of Isobariks.
Nice chunky Naim cable into tiny points set in nice melty plastic