PDA

View Full Version : What a load of Schiit!!

southall-1998
08-08-2017, 11:05
Just kidding!

But seriously, their products show excellent value for money.

You get superb build quality. The inside always looks refined, and very well put together. Even their ''entry level'' offerings are all well made, inside/out.

The brand certainly gets a big fat thumbs up from me.

Well done.

S.

Bonky
08-08-2017, 12:24
I just have the pre-amp (Saga), but agree they seem well designed and sound good (especially for the money).

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?52963-Tisbury-pre-amp-v-Schiit-Saga-pre-amp-(with-stock-valve)-and-Rpi-notes

Richard.

Barry
08-08-2017, 12:35
Agree - but can someone tell me the correct way to pronounce the name?

southall-1998
08-08-2017, 12:43
Agree - but can someone tell me the correct way to pronounce the name?

Exactly the same as shit, Barry.

S.

Barry
08-08-2017, 12:56
Taken from the schiit.com site:

Yes, that is our name. Shih-tah. It's a proud German name, host to a long line of audio engineers who slaved away in crumbling Teutonic fortresses as lightning lashed ...

So like "cheetah" but with an "Sh" instead of a "ch", as in 'Sheeter'.

struth
08-08-2017, 12:58
its still:) shit to me

jandl100
08-08-2017, 13:31
Taken from the schiit.com site:

Yes, that is our name. Shih-tah. It's a proud German name, host to a long line of audio engineers who slaved away in crumbling Teutonic fortresses as lightning lashed ...

So like "cheetah" but with an "Sh" instead of a "ch", as in 'Sheeter'.

;)

Err, no - from the Home page of their website .....

"Yes, that is our name. Shih-tah. It's a proud German name, host to a long line of audio engineers who slaved away in crumbling Teutonic fortresses as lightning lashed the dark lands outside, working to perfect the best amplification devices in the world...

Or, well, no. Yep, Schiit is our name, and it's pronounced, well, like "hey man, that's some really good Schiit!" And now that we have your attention..."

http://www.schiit.com/home

Barry
08-08-2017, 13:35
;)

Err, no - from the Home page of their website .....

"Yes, that is our name. Shih-tah. It's a proud German name, host to a long line of audio engineers who slaved away in crumbling Teutonic fortresses as lightning lashed the dark lands outside, working to perfect the best amplification devices in the world...

Or, well, no. Yep, Schiit is our name, and it's pronounced, well, like "hey man, that's some really good Schiit!" And now that we have your attention..."

http://www.schiit.com/home

So the correct pronounciation of Schiit is Schiit? That's about as banal and meaningless as May's "Brexit means Brexit"!

jandl100
08-08-2017, 13:37
Well, I read that as intended to be pronounced as 'really good shit' - but hey, what do I know?

Never heard any of their stuff. I've been told by someone who knows my tastes that I would find it too laid back.

southall-1998
08-08-2017, 13:48
Well, I read that as intended to be pronounced as 'really good shit' - but hey, what do I know?

Never heard any of their stuff. I've been told by someone who knows my tastes that I would find it too laid back.

I use a Asgard 2. Laid back it isn't!! It sounds lucid and very tight. But very musical.

The Asgard slightly reminds me of Geoff's SM-70 amp.

S.

eksiil
08-08-2017, 17:13
re pronunciation, I believe what the German home page is trying to convey with "some really good Schiit!" is the rather loose way of voicing the last syllable in American usage, where the final consonant remains far from being the end of the story. in other words, got to let it linger after the extended "...iit".