PDA

View Full Version : Spotify & Squeezebox

Stratmangler
12-07-2017, 09:08
It seems that Spotify are changing the method of delivery of their service, and one of the casualties is Squeezebox support.
As of 20th July Spotify will not play on Squeezeboxes.
I have just cancelled my subscription - there's no point in paying for a service that won't integrate with my server.

www.mysqueezebox.com/byeByeSpotify

Bastards!

WAD62
12-07-2017, 10:04
It seems that Spotify are changing the method of delivery of their service, and one of the casualties is Squeezebox support.
I have just cancelled my subscription - there's no point in paying for a service that won't integrate with my server.

Bastards!

Just run a Chromecast audio into your DAC, keep it as a separate service...:)

Stratmangler
12-07-2017, 10:19
Just run a Chromecast audio into your DAC, keep it as a separate service...:)

There are loads of ways around it, but that's missing the point.
Spotify just decided to stop playing, and took their ball home with them.

WAD62
12-07-2017, 11:24
There are loads of ways around it, but that's missing the point.
Spotify just decided to stop playing, and took their ball home with them.

I'd suggest that they're in bed with Google, who'll be twisting their arm R.E. supporting alternative hardware platforms...:eyebrows:

stairpost
12-07-2017, 12:11

Bastards!

I take it that includes Squeezebox touch too?

Stratmangler
12-07-2017, 13:05
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107648-Spotify-on-Squeezebox-UE-Smart-Radio-end-of-life

johnB
12-07-2017, 18:44
Oh blimey....
Can some kind person do an idiot's guide to getting round this please.
I have two Squeezebox Touch and one SB Radio that I run Spotify on via Logitech.

Many thanks
John

RMutt
12-07-2017, 19:48
I use Spotify on my Touch and Duet. I have found the 3rd party plugin 'spotty' in the repository mentioned in the thread Chris (Stratmangler) flagged up but it says 'not quite connect ready' next to it. I think I will wait and see what happens on the 20th before messing about, you never know they might change their mind.

Stratmangler
12-07-2017, 19:50
At the moment the resolution appears to be to run a local server, and disable all the Spotify stuff on it. Then enable the Spotty app. Note the spelings coz it's important.
There should hopefully be some kind of trickle down eventually to mysq.

RMutt
12-07-2017, 19:58
Yes, that's why I'm going to wait, no point in removing all the Triode stuff and so on just yet.

Stratmangler
12-07-2017, 20:46
I'm running the Spotty app on another LMS server, and it's playing just the same as the Spotify app did.
There are some top people inhabiting the Slim Devices forum.

WAD62
13-07-2017, 14:59
I'm running the Spotty app on another LMS server, and it's playing just the same as the Spotify app did.
There are some top people inhabiting the Slim Devices forum.
Are you running LMS on a pi now Chris?

Getgaff
13-07-2017, 16:29
Thanks for the heads-up, wasn't aware of this until just now.

Stratmangler
13-07-2017, 17:03
Are you running LMS on a pi now Chris?

Not yet.
I have a Windoze desktop set up doing server duties at the moment.
I'll be getting a Pi to run LMS in the not too distant.

Stratmangler
13-07-2017, 17:10
On the Pi running LMS front, mherger (one of the key bods over on the Slim Devices forum) has been successfully running Spotty with a Pi.
There is an issue with ARM processors (which is what's in my Zyxel NSA310), which is why I'm forced to consider the Pi route.

WAD62
13-07-2017, 18:36
On the Pi running LMS front, mherger (one of the key bods over on the Slim Devices forum) has been successfully running Spotty with a Pi.
There is an issue with ARM processors (which is what's in my Zyxel NSA310), which is why I'm forced to consider the Pi route.

...same here with my old QNAP NAS, I've set up piCorePlayer on a Pi3, pretty easy to configure your NAS as its music library, and as mherger states on the other thread it's significantly quicker than running LMS on the NAS...piCorePlayer is bullet proof!

RichB
13-07-2017, 19:37
Oh blimey....
Can some kind person do an idiot's guide to getting round this please.
I have two Squeezebox Touch and one SB Radio that I run Spotify on via Logitech.

Many thanks
John

Chromecast Audi to DAC mate.

Cheap as chips, just as good.

pgarrish
13-07-2017, 20:23
Could have done without this. My sbt is becoming redundant....

Stratmangler
13-07-2017, 20:45
Chromecast Audi to DAC mate.

Doing car to DAC interfaces now, are they?

struth
13-07-2017, 20:46
amazon dot has a line out on it. its a 5 v supply too, so potentially tweakable as well. sound from spotify is very good...oh and voice control if you want, or you can switch the mics off

Stratmangler
13-07-2017, 20:48
Could have done without this. My sbt is becoming redundant....

Oh woe is me!
How do you use it?

pgarrish
13-07-2017, 20:51
I run LMS on a windows machine to an sbt running edo.

But I find myself using a chromecast most of the time as the Spotify app is so much better than the LMS app and plugin.

Both use the same dac and there is little between them. Sbt better on Spotify, cc better on ripped music from lms

WAD62
13-07-2017, 21:08
Sbt better on Spotify, cc better on ripped music from lms

...presumably thats the wrong way round? :scratch:

pgarrish
13-07-2017, 21:09
...presumably thats the wrong way round? :scratch:

Not to my ears... I was surprised too

Stratmangler
13-07-2017, 21:10
Have you used the web interface to control LMS?

WAD62
13-07-2017, 21:12
Not to my ears... I was surprised too

How are they connected to your DAC?

pgarrish
13-07-2017, 21:12
Sbt via coax, cc via optical

Stratmangler
13-07-2017, 21:13
Sbt via coax, cc via optical

PSUs?

pgarrish
13-07-2017, 21:20
Standard

Stratmangler
13-07-2017, 21:42
So cheap as chips SMPS on the sources.
They won't help.
The Chromecast optical has the advantage of being isolated from switching noise from the PSU, so won't pass it into the DAC.

Getgaff
14-07-2017, 05:22
Chromecast Audio doesn't do gapless if that's important to you. For the money plus a couple of tweaks (linear PSU & iFi SPDIF iPurifier) it's not half bad, but the lack of gapless playback can be irritating on some occasions.

WAD62
14-07-2017, 08:31
Chromecast Audio doesn't do gapless if that's important to you. For the money plus a couple of tweaks (linear PSU & iFi SPDIF iPurifier) it's not half bad, but the lack of gapless playback can be irritating on some occasions.

...despite 'gapless playback' being a spotify settings option...:doh:

I presumed the issue was restricted to a few albums, if chromecast can't do gapless then it's time for LMS/Spotty...;)

EDIT;

WOW I'm glad I tried out Spotty with LMS, TBH it's the first time I've used Spotify with LMS at all...

Rpi3/LMS 7.9/Spotty Plugin/SBTouch (EDO)/iFi USB gubbins/MDAC L2 Toy

...the integration with LMS/SBTouch is a vast improvement over the Chromecast alternative...and it's gapless!!! :)

Cheers for the link Chris!!!

clive7164
15-07-2017, 16:11
Can anyone tell me where I can find the Spotty app on my Touch,I have looked but cannot see it.
Please be gentle I am not a computer expert I just want the info in easy steps

Thanks in advance
Clive

Stratmangler
15-07-2017, 16:12
Can anyone tell me where I can find the Spotty app on my Touch,I have looked but cannot see it.
Please be gentle I am not a computer expert I just want the info in easy steps

Thanks in advance
Clive

It's not on the Touch.

clive7164
15-07-2017, 16:18
Thanks for that,so the touch is now useless for my spotify accont I take it.
looks like im on the hunt for a new player then

Clive

Stratmangler
15-07-2017, 16:34
To run the Spotty app you need to have a n other device on your network performing server duties, which is something long time Squeezebox users (ie pre Touch) have been doing anyway, because everything works reliably and much betterer that way.
Mine currently runs on a Zyxel NSA310, which I've found out is not capable of supporting the Spotty app either, because it has an ARM processor at its heart.
Consequently I've been pursuing other methods of getting the Spotty thing to work - I currently have a Windoze machine running server, and it works fine.
The Spotty app can also run on LMS being run by a RasPi computer, so I will be going this route in the not too far off.

You have mentioned that your not particularly IT literate, so are you selling your player, and how much?

clive7164
15-07-2017, 16:45
Thanks for the information,I have asked my son in law,who works in IT to look into it for me. He says it should be easy to work around even if I have to run a nas with the neccesary programme on it,will wait and see.

Clive

Stratmangler
15-07-2017, 16:58
Just be wary of the NAS - ARM processors just don't do Spotty (because they can't run the relevant script), and you'd need to be happy playing with Linux to install the LMS package, as many NAS makers have stopped supporting LMS because of an exploitable Samber security shortcoming.
A RasPi can be set up with PiCorePlayer, and LMS run from there.

Clothears
16-07-2017, 07:26
I must say I'm lost with all this technical talk. I love my Touch for the sheer simplicity. ie turn on, play. Simples!

Getgaff
16-07-2017, 07:53
EDIT;
WOW I'm glad I tried out Spotty with LMS, TBH it's the first time I've used Spotify with LMS at all...
Rpi3/LMS 7.9/Spotty Plugin/SBTouch (EDO)/iFi USB gubbins/MDAC L2 Toy
...the integration with LMS/SBTouch is a vast improvement over the Chromecast alternative...and it's gapless!!! :)
Cheers for the link Chris!!!
Installed Spotty yesterday morning; took less than 5 minutes to get up and running...

RPi3/Max2Play/LMS with Spotty plugin > Transporter > Caiman SEG/Auralic Altair/Jolida Glass FX DAC III (can't have too many DACs :mental:). Very happy as I'd recently re-acquired a Transporter.
Just need to work on a small problem: Spotty will pause occasionally playing through the 'Top Tracks' playlist, not sure why yet.
I've also made a small donation to Michael Herger as a token as my appreciation.

johnB
16-07-2017, 09:02
I must say I'm lost with all this technical talk. I love my Touch for the sheer simplicity. ie turn on, play. Simples!

Dave, if you/your son-in-law finds a solution please share it -I'm totally stuffed as far as technical instructions go though.

John

WAD62
16-07-2017, 09:26
I've also made a small donation to Michael Herger as a token as my appreciation.

...likewise :cool:

oldius
16-07-2017, 12:36
Using spotty on an SBT. A doddle to install and use.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

pgarrish
16-07-2017, 16:57
Using spotty on an SBT. A doddle to install and use.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Do you just install it in LMS?

oldius
16-07-2017, 17:35
Yes. 3rd party app. Get rid of your original Spotify app and then select the Spotty plugin.

johnB
17-07-2017, 18:28
Do you just install it in LMS?

What's LMS pls?

pgarrish
17-07-2017, 18:29
Logitech media server. The bit of software you run on the pc/mac (or pi or nas) that manages your music and slings it to your squezebox

johnB
17-07-2017, 19:52
Logitech media server. The bit of software you run on the pc/mac (or pi or nas) that manages your music and slings it to your squezebox
Thanks Paul

Clothears
23-07-2017, 10:02
Is there "An idiots guide to installing and using Spotty" by any chance anywhere? I can't work it all out. I've got LMS set up on my laptop and when I click on Open Control Panel I get a message in red saying "I dont have privileges etc. and I need to click Run As Administrator" . I do this, the message disappears but then LMS is saying "No player detected". I must admit I'm baffled by it all.

Stratmangler
23-07-2017, 10:49
Is there "An idiots guide to installing and using Spotty" by any chance anywhere? I can't work it all out. I've got LMS set up on my laptop and when I click on Open Control Panel I get a message in red saying "I dont have privileges etc. and I need to click Run As Administrator" . I do this, the message disappears but then LMS is saying "No player detected". I must admit I'm baffled by it all.

No player detected indicates that your player is not connected to LMS on your laptop.
Go to the player and direct it to LMS running on your laptop.
You need to go to My Music/Switch Server, and connect the player to the server on your laptop.

The Spotty stuff is accessed via the web controller, which you can access from a right click on the running LMS on your laptop, or you can enter the IP address of your laptop, followed by :9000, so it would read something like 192.168.0.2:9000 .
You then click on Settings (bottom right of the screen), and another tab opens up. Click on the plugins tab and rummage around there - the Spotty app should already be there, you just need to find it.

You might as well switch off the Spotify apps, because they won't work, and there's no point in having them there.

Clothears
23-07-2017, 12:30
Cheers Chris,

I think I've finally got my head around it. Currently listening to a Govt Mule album on Spotify Premium via Spotty. Good stuff, many thanks.

Stratmangler
23-07-2017, 13:03
Cheers Chris,

I think I've finally got my head around it. Currently listening to a Govt Mule album on Spotify Premium via Spotty. Good stuff, many thanks.

You're welcome Dave.
You're back up and running, which is all that matters.

There's always been an issue with Squeezebox Touch use, and this is users knowing which server they're on.
Originally the Squeezebox devices were dependent on running on a computer or NAS running a server program, and the devices had to be pointed at it. You knew where your server was.
Then Logitech brought out the Squeezebox Touch.
Your server could be one of 3 (the embedded TinySC, www.mysqueezebox.com, and good old fashioned LMS), and if you're not au fait with knowing which server you're on, or how to switch between them, then life gets a little bit more difficult.

Just to add to the confusion, TinySC announces itself as Logitech Media Server, which causes all sorts of problems (doesn't it Craig/Icehockeyboy?).

Spotify changing their delivery method also highlights an upcoming issue with www.mysqueezebox.com, which is that one day Logitech will pull the plug, and that server will not longer be available, so another raft of users become disenchanted and alienated.

The only thing that's likely to outlive the lot is LMS, because it's not developed or owned by Logitech, even though it has Logitech in the name.
Logitech might protest at the use of the name Logitech (which they do own), so a renaming will be in order, and quite likely back to Squeezecenter.

stairpost
27-07-2017, 11:19
I'm sorry to be a bit dim, but is there anyway to run spotify on a SBT without the use of a second device? I only use my SBT for spotify and internet radio, I don't have a laptop or NAS on the system and don't really want to add one.

Am I doomed?

pgarrish
27-07-2017, 12:14
I'm sorry to be a bit dim, but is there anyway to run spotify on a SBT without the use of a second device? I only use my SBT for spotify and internet radio, I don't have a laptop or NAS on the system and don't really want to add one.

Am I doomed?

It sounds like you'll struggle as Spotty runs on the LMS server software, not on the SBT itself. If all you do is spotify and radio, I'd say flog the SBT whilst it's still worth a quid, buy the ubiquitous Chromecast audio and get used to spotify and radio via the phone or a cheap Android tablet.

stairpost
27-07-2017, 12:56
It sounds like you'll struggle as Spotty runs on the LMS server software, not on the SBT itself. If all you do is spotify and radio, I'd say flog the SBT whilst it's still worth a quid, buy the ubiquitous Chromecast audio and get used to spotify and radio via the phone or a cheap Android tablet.

I've just had a look at how Chromecast audio works, and I hate to say it but I think you might be right. It's got optical out and it looks like a doddle to play spotify from a tablet through it.

Cheers.

struth
27-07-2017, 13:16
it is.. ive got 2

stairpost
27-07-2017, 16:53
it is.. ive got 2

It's pretty cheap too for what it is isn't it?

I have a pretty ancient motorola xoom tablet that I use just for listening to stuff on youtube in bed, I shall see if that will run spotify, if it does, I'm sorted :)

struth
27-07-2017, 17:06
It's pretty cheap too for what it is isn't it?

I have a pretty ancient motorola xoom tablet that I use just for listening to stuff on youtube in bed, I shall see if that will run spotify, if it does, I'm sorted :)

its got a better than price suggests dac in, and i used to run headphones straight from it. worked a charm. you even get the 5 v psu with it and a small connecting cable. i prefer using a battery supply but its not ness

stairpost
27-07-2017, 22:02
Spotify successfully running on my old tablet, I'll try to get into town over the weekend to pick up a chromecast audio, I went onto amazon to pick one up as we have prime, but that was a surprise I wasn't expecting.

stairpost
27-07-2017, 22:20
Spotify successfully running on my old tablet, I'll try to get into town over the weekend to pick up a chromecast audio, I went onto amazon to pick one up as we have prime, but that was a surprise I wasn't expecting.

Stratmangler
13-10-2017, 19:59
At long last a RasPi has darkened my doorstep.
I bought a complete starter kit, so case, Pi, SD card and PSU were supplied.
The thing was built up, hooked up to the network, and having the power applied within 10 minutes, and that included formatting the SD card and burning a PiCorePlayer image onto the SD card.

A couple of minutes on the router admin, and an IP address was reserved for the beast.
This was followed by much head scratching and swearing, as the damned thing would not read the NAS of my network - eventually it dawned on me, after consulting several web pages and forums, that I needed to mount the NAS drive as a repository, so a mount was created, IP address and passwords provided, and the whole thing started scanning the NAS and building a library.
Result!

A little bit of tinkering, to bring BBC iPlayer radio to the table, and also to set up Spotify to access my premium account, and all works swimmingly well.
It's a very responsive bit of kit, so there's no discernible lag to commands from a web browser, or the Squeeze Commander app on my Smartphone.

I'm well pleased!
The only fly in the ointment is that there doesn't appear to be a way to turn off the embedded player, so for the time being I'm just going to have to live with it.
I'm sure I'll get used to ignoring it.

WAD62
14-10-2017, 12:01
I'm well pleased!
The only fly in the ointment is that there doesn't appear to be a way to turn off the embedded player, so for the time being I'm just going to have to live with it.
I'm sure I'll get used to ignoring it.

Hi Chris if you're using piCorePlayer you can turn off the 'Squeezelite' player in PCP main page, advanced settings...

Given you've managed to mount the NAS for your library, another good option is to define a USB mount for the 'Cache', this will make it immune to power outages, as the SD card will be opened read only...

Stratmangler
14-10-2017, 12:04
Hi Chris if you're using piCorePlayer you can turn off the 'Squeezelite' player in PCP main page, advanced settings...

Tried it after I posted.
I found out how the kill the player on the Pi, so I did.
All I had to do was turn off Squeezelite.

As a result the whole shebang became unstable and unpredictable.
Albums I lined up to play on a specific player didn't, but they did start playing on the other player.
The graphics lag when controlling things from a web browser was unbelievable.
And the Spotty app started doing a "now you see me, now you don't" act.

I have since restarted Squeezelite, and as a result stability and speed have been restored.
I'll put up with having a redundant player showing up in the player list :)

WAD62
14-10-2017, 12:56
Tried it after I posted.
I found out how the kill the player on the Pi, so I did.
All I had to do was turn off Squeezelite.

As a result the whole shebang became unstable and unpredictable.
Albums I lined up to play on a specific player didn't, but they did start playing on the other player.
The graphics lag when controlling things from a web browser was unbelievable.
And the Spotty app started doing a "now you see me, now you don't" act.

I have since restarted Squeezelite, and as a result stability and speed have been restored.
I'll put up with having a redundant player showing up in the player list :)

Odd! I've had no trouble since I turned squeezelite off...FYI I'm using piCorePlayer 3.11

Edit; However I do have another piCorePLayer installation (player only) in the network, perhaps it needs to see at least one squeezelite player?

Stratmangler
14-10-2017, 19:23
Odd! I've had no trouble since I turned squeezelite off...FYI I'm using piCorePlayer 3.11

Edit; However I do have another piCorePLayer installation (player only) in the network, perhaps it needs to see at least one squeezelite player?

I'm using 3.22, so potentially there could be a bug that needs ironing out.
It's also given me LMS 7.9.0 .
Maybe it does need to see at least one Squeezelite player.
I'm happy the the installation is stable with the unused Squeezelite player.

Stratmangler
14-10-2017, 20:35
Had a further dig around, and found out that the Squeezelite had set itself to run on the TinySC I had running on the main Touch downstairs, and had managed to get the same IP address.
I turned off the embedded server on the Touch, and removed the SD card.
I then looked for Squeezelite, and found that it had reallocated itself on the Pi IP address.

Went into admin on PiCorePlayer and disabled Squeezelite followed by a reboot of the system.
Then I accessed LMS from my web browser and found that Spotty had dropped off again, so I went back to pCP admin, rebooted the system, went back to LMS and saw that Spotty was back, wentback into pCP admin and disabled Squeezelite.

I tested both Touch players on the system, making them play material from each of my sources, namely BBCiPlayer, Spotty, and my local file library, and this time things ran very quickly and without hitch or lag.

I think the Squeezelite attaching itself to an embedded server on a local Touch player must have caused a shedload of IP conflicts that ground the system to a near halt.

With things now running in a manner I have become accustomed to, I am rightfully pleased :cool:

mikeyb
15-10-2017, 05:29
Not sure if any use to you but I run Spotify Connect on my main Pi with MoOde, and on my Allo Sparky using Volumio. No need for LMS on either system.

I can then just choose which output I want on the Spotify app on either my phone or my iPad.

Both work great, although I would say MoOde is my preferred OS.

Edit: I posted then realised you use a squeezebox touch - so just ignore me lol

WAD62
15-10-2017, 10:03
With things now running in a manner I have become accustomed to, I am rightfully pleased :cool:

Excellent Chris! :cool:

FYI I'm on LMS 7.9.0 too...

Stratmangler
15-10-2017, 12:02
Not sure if any use to you but I run Spotify Connect on my main Pi with MoOde, and on my Allo Sparky using Volumio. No need for LMS on either system.

I can then just choose which output I want on the Spotify app on either my phone or my iPad.

Both work great, although I would say MoOde is my preferred OS.

Edit: I posted then realised you use a squeezebox touch - so just ignore me lol

Thanks Mike :cool:

I've been using Squeezeboxes and LMS for a long time, and as an ecosystem it all functions very, very well.
I'm currently using LMS 7.9.0 and it's very good indeed.
Anything that I try in the future will be held up against LMS for comparison.
The only one I can think of that would give improved functionality and performance would be Roon, but it's an expensive option.

I remember seeing the Meridian forerunner to Roon a good few years ago, and it was very impressive with its capabilities and user interface.
My thoughts at the time were along the lines of "it's local network streaming for the very well heeled who can't be bothered learning even the slightest bit about how things function. If it breaks just contact a man who can fix it".
Still impressive though.

The Roon guys did all the library management systems for Meridian, only they've incorporated interfacing capabilities with most, if not all, of the decent streaming hardware that's available.

Stratmangler
15-10-2017, 12:07
Excellent Chris! :cool:

FYI I'm on LMS 7.9.0 too...

I'm pleased with the added functionality with 7.9.0.
There's also something to do with Spotify end points to play with - both players work well with Spotty on a web browser, so the end point thing might just be overkill.

Thanks for the advice :cool:

struth
15-10-2017, 12:15
how do you use an rpi with roon. does it have an image of its own?

Stratmangler
15-10-2017, 12:27
There's a Roon community forum https://community.roonlabs.com/c/audio-products/raspberry-pi

Stratmangler
15-10-2017, 13:35
The thing that has impressed me the most with running LMS on a RasPi is the response time when using the search facility to scour my local file library..
I rarely used it, because it was slow and laggy, no matter which platform I set the server up on.
Now it is quicker than a very, very, very quick thing, and it just makes life easier when I know what I want to play - it saves having to search through a nested file structure.

It's proper progress, and very welcome at that :cool:

WAD62
15-10-2017, 14:34
The thing that has impressed me the most with running LMS on a RasPi is the response time when using the search facility to scour my local file library..
I rarely used it, because it was slow and laggy, no matter which platform I set the server up on.
Now it is quicker than a very, very, very quick thing, and it just makes life easier when I know what I want to play - it saves having to search through a nested file structure.

It's proper progress, and very welcome at that :cool:

When running LMS on my old QNAP I had to pause everything before a library re-scan, now I can re-index whilst streaming to 4 parallel players without any impact at all, and a full rebuild of 3K cds takes 35mins...not bad for £29...:eyebrows:

As for Spotify I wouldn't be using it now without the LMS 'Spotty' plugin, I'd originally been using a CCA with the Spotify app...not for me, too track centric for my listening habits, however with LMS/Spotty everything is integrated at the same playlist, Spotty is just another library, and it's gapless...so cheers for the nod! :cool:

Stratmangler
15-10-2017, 16:21
When running LMS on my old QNAP I had to pause everything before a library re-scan, now I can re-index whilst streaming to 4 parallel players without any impact at all, and a full rebuild of 3K cds takes 35mins...not bad for £29...:eyebrows:

As for Spotify I wouldn't be using it now without the LMS 'Spotty' plugin, I'd originally been using a CCA with the Spotify app...not for me, too track centric for my listening habits, however with LMS/Spotty everything is integrated at the same playlist, Spotty is just another library, and it's gapless...so cheers for the nod! :cool:

I'm more than happy having paid around £48 for my Pi. I did get a complete starter pack, so Pi, PSU, SD card and case came in the one package.

The strength of doing things with the Squeezebox ecosystem is the sheer flexibility of it.
I was using the then working Spotify app from the remote MSq server, and then Spotify decide to change their service provision.
Thankfully Michael Herger had been given the nod with respect to the service changes, and had the problem well in hand by the time the deadline came up.

The gapless thing is something I take for granted.
LMS (and its predecessor) and Squeezebox have always done it.
It's not an issue, until the point where you hear gaps where tracks should segue seamlessly, one into the other, and then it's the most annoying thing on the planet.
I have only ever heard those gaps when listening to other players.

Getgaff
20-10-2017, 17:38
Spotify Connect is in development. Tried this during the week and while it’s not perfect (just yet), it is a big, big step forward:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108030-Announce-Spotty-v1-9-0-now-with-experimental-Spotify-Connect-support!

FWIW I really like the Spotify IOS app, so the chance to use Connect with my Transporter is very welcome. Will play some more over the weekend.

simon e
20-10-2017, 20:31
Hopefully they'll add Windows support soon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Stratmangler
29-10-2017, 22:24
The Radio Paradise FLAC stream sounds phenomenal.
There's a new plugin for it to run on LMS 7.9.1

Using a RasPi to run LMS is the dog's danglies :)

WAD62
30-10-2017, 11:00
The Radio Paradise FLAC stream sounds phenomenal.
There's a new plugin for it to run on LMS 7.9.1

Using a RasPi to run LMS is the dog's danglies :)
Got it up and running on 7.9.0, plays fine, but no artwork on lossless option, apparently solved by 7.9.1...I may move to the latest piCorePlayer bundle release...

The 'find in spotify' link in the 'now playing' window is very useful...:)

Stratmangler
30-10-2017, 11:31
Nice one Will.

I have just played with the Spotify endpoint in LMS for one of the players on my network.
I can control the player from the Spotify app on my laptop, which in turn means that I can control it from anywhere in the world - OK, so it's no real use if I'm not at home, but it does mean that I open the Spotify app on my laptop and directly control the player from the Spotify interface, and can do all the regular things, such as following artists and earmarking albums to appear in my saved albums.