PDA

View Full Version : Shakti Stones. Please Don't Flame Me - I'm Only Sensitive!

Sand Dancin Donkey Walker
06-05-2008, 14:59
Hi All
I have been wondering about Shakti Stones. Has anyone had any really good results using one of these devices. I don’t want this thread to become a, they’re s**t with no substance behind the statement, and it’s not intended to be controversial. Just some good reasonable replies please. :)
I do own one myself and my own experiences are that only in one instance did I get what you would say is a good positive result / improvement and was fairly marginal changes though repeatable. That was when it was placed above the mains transformer of a Krell power amp. It changed the presentation mainly of the upper mids and high frequencies. Sort of cleared up the sound as if less mush were being passed down to the speakers. In all other cases of where I placed this thing I got either no result or possibly ambiguous results that I could never quite either repeat or qualify, and in the end resolved that nothing had changed.
The reason for the post is I have just discovered it hidden away and intend to give it another try. Though my mind set is still towards the negative result option, rather than be open minded as I should be! and usually am.
Anyone else played with one and had good / bad/ indifferent results and where were the better changes if any. Please be gentle with me :confused:

P.S. If this goes well I have something that will blow your mind. No not a gun. :scratch:

Andy – SDDW

Steve Toy
06-05-2008, 17:51
I guess this one does push open-mindedness to its limits :eyebrows: but hey, this is an open-minded forum.

Marco
06-05-2008, 18:11
Hi Andy,

Did you get the special packet of 'wuffle dust' with the Shakti? It won't work without it.

Marco.

06-05-2008, 18:30
I think mine came with 'Fluffle Dust'. It must be the improved version of 'Wuffle Dust'
Joking apart, I came about this when I bought a Krell power amp quite a few years ago now, and was amazed at what it wouldn't do with anything else apart from the Krell??. Sort of Under whelmed, should have passed it on when the amp was sold. So no one has had any results at all eh? Not really surprise I supose.

Andy - SDDW

Marco
06-05-2008, 18:42
Have you ever tried breaking one open and seeing what's inside it?

Marco.

06-05-2008, 18:55
I had thought about it, but seemed like it was just too distructive, especially as I have just been offered money for it, and it doesn't have Monopoly written across the notes either. Have you broken one apart?

Andy - SDDW

Marco
06-05-2008, 19:01
Yep. And it had a bit of paper inside which when opened up said:

YOU'VE BEEN HAD !

:lol:

Forgive me, I'm only pullin' yer leg ;)

Marco.

anthonyTD
06-05-2008, 19:18
I think mine came with 'Fluffle Dust'. It must be the improved version of 'Wuffle Dust'
Joking apart, I came about this when I bought a Krell power amp quite a few years ago now, and was amazed at what it wouldn't do with anything else apart from the Krell??. Sort of Under whelmed, should have passed it on when the amp was sold. So no one has had any results at all eh? Not really surprise I supose.

Andy - SDDW
andy...
i can understand how it might have made the krell sound better, but then a jug full of water tipped over the top of it may have a similar affect:lol:
;):lolsign:
Dont try this at home kids, i was joking!!!

Marco
06-05-2008, 20:00
LOL. What are you like...

Have you seen the pics of your copper amp in Steve's thread in the Gallery?

Andy, don't listen to us, mate. I hope you get plenty of money for it :)

Marco.

06-05-2008, 20:13
Just tried the 'Jug Of Water Effect' maybe I should have tried it on the Krell, because the results on me amp currently are not very good, strange burning smell and the lights have gone out, no don't worry I had my eyes closed. Anthony I have absolutely no idea how or why I got the result/effect I did, I really wish I had the answer to that one. But unfortuately I am only human ( barely ) and don't know the answers never mind the right questions to that things I most want to know. If anyone can understand what I have just wittered on about please let me know.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/HyCoignitor/Audio%20Art%20of%20Sound/Explode.jpg

Andy - SDDW

Sorry to disappoint you all but said item now sold - I hope

anthonyTD
06-05-2008, 20:54
Just tried the 'Jug Of Water Effect' maybe I should have tried it on the Krell, because the results on me amp currently are not very good, strange burning smell and the lights have gone out, no don't worry I had my eyes closed. Anthony I have absolutely no idea how or why I got the result/effect I did, I really wish I had the answer to that one. But unfortuately I am only human ( barely ) and don't know the answers never mind the right questions to that things I most want to know. If anyone can understand what I have just wittered on about please let me know.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/HyCoignitor/Audio%20Art%20of%20Sound/Explode.jpg

Andy - SDDW

Sorry to disappoint you all but said item now sold - I hope

:lol::lol::lol:
thats a classic andy!
he he :lol:
but seriously, i remember roy gregory telling me a mad story once, he went round some guys house who at the time was well know for trying all things weird and off the wall as far as hi fi is concerned, he sat down and listened to a tune, then the guy came in with a glass of water, and told roy to take a sip of this "special water" after he had drank the water the guy played the same track again, and roy said, as mad as this demo was, the track did actualy sound diffrent! now i have my views on how this might have been posible, but none of them involve me believing in "special water":lol:;):lolsign:

06-05-2008, 21:44
Anthony, I too drink lots of 'Special Water' my only problem is afterwards I lose the use of my legs and I sluuuuuuuuur my speach.

Upon reflection that could describe me the majority of the time; :)

a 'Gibbering incoherent halfwit with the reasoning power of a Donkey on acid' :mental:

A fairly accurate description, no insults intended to Chemical Abusing Donkeys'

Andy - SDDW

anthonyTD
07-05-2008, 08:11
Anthony, I too drink lots of 'Special Water' my only problem is afterwards I lose the use of my legs and I sluuuuuuuuur my speach.

Upon reflection that could describe me the majority of the time; :)

a 'Gibbering incoherent halfwit with the reasoning power of a Donkey on acid' :mental:

A fairly accurate description, no insults intended to Chemical Abusing Donkeys'

Andy - SDDW
ahh yes, the old fire water has a tendency to do that!!!
anthony...;)

Mike
09-05-2008, 00:06
:lol::lol::lol:
thats a classic andy!
he he :lol:
but seriously, i remember roy gregory telling me a mad story once, he went round some guys house who at the time was well know for trying all things weird and off the wall as far as hi fi is concerned, he sat down and listened to a tune, then the guy came in with a glass of water, and told roy to take a sip of this "special water" after he had drank the water the guy played the same track again, and roy said, as mad as this demo was, the track did actualy sound diffrent! now i have my views on how this might have been posible, but none of them involve me believing in "special water":lol:;):lolsign:

Hmmmm..... It wasn't Peter Belt's house was it? :mental:

anthonyTD
09-05-2008, 08:19
Hmmmm..... It wasn't Peter Belt's house was it? :mental:
posibly?;)

hiredfox
15-07-2008, 14:36
Hi All
I have been wondering about Shakti Stones. Has anyone had any really good results using one of these devices. I don’t want this thread to become a, they’re s**t with no substance behind the statement, and it’s not intended to be controversial. Just some good reasonable replies please. :)
I do own one myself and my own experiences are that only in one instance did I get what you would say is a good positive result / improvement and was fairly marginal changes though repeatable. That was when it was placed above the mains transformer of a Krell power amp. It changed the presentation mainly of the upper mids and high frequencies. Sort of cleared up the sound as if less mush were being passed down to the speakers. In all other cases of where I placed this thing I got either no result or possibly ambiguous results that I could never quite either repeat or qualify, and in the end resolved that nothing had changed.
The reason for the post is I have just discovered it hidden away and intend to give it another try. Though my mind set is still towards the negative result option, rather than be open minded as I should be! and usually am.
Anyone else played with one and had good / bad/ indifferent results and where were the better changes if any. Please be gentle with me :confused:

P.S. If this goes well I have something that will blow your mind. No not a gun. :scratch:

Andy – SDDW

You are kidding aren't you? Tell me you're kidding. How much marketing bullsh*t do you swallow every day... ?

15-07-2008, 15:05
hiredfox
I was just in the process of composing a post saying what a great day I am having just listening to my music after doing 11, 12Hr shifts in the last 13 days of which 8 have been night shifts, and beleive me the last 2 were very stressful. Then I get a mail noting I have a reply to a thread I started a while ago. Off I go to read it.
As it turns out it's from some self opinionated cnut who does not know me and from the outset seems to want to take a negative stance. Well hear is me considered reply.

Andy - SDDW

Marco
15-07-2008, 15:51
Wow...

Hiredfox,

If you post anything like that on this forum again you will be banned. That is totally out of order and something we do not tolerate here. You do not treat people that way.

In fact, if you don't comply with my earlier request to post in the welcome area with your name and basic location (I have asked you repeatedly) then you will be banned.

Consider that as a warning!

I'll give you until the end of the day to do as I request. You also owe Andy an apology which I expect to see given in the public domain.

Marco.