PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from sunny Oklahoma USA

Daru
04-07-2017, 00:04
On behalf of all sane Americans, I am so sorry we suddenly unleashed the Donald on an unsuspecting world.:mental:

Okay, with that out of the way, I have been an audio enthusiast for a long time and about 4-5 years ago, I got rid of my expensive gear and focused on getting great sound from budget friendly equipment. It's just more fun that way and I don't need a second mortgage to pay for my hobby:D
I read about the Raspberry Pi based dacs and streamers a few months ago and have tried a couple of boards. I am still tinkering and learning. This forum had a lot of useful Rpi info for me so I decided to stop lurking and sign up.

I primarily listen to classical and old school jazz with a bit of blues, folk and Americana sprinkled in. My main system includes KEF R700, Jolida 3502 power amp, Cary/Audio Electronics AE-3 preamp and a Technics SL1210mk2 deck with a Jelco 750D arm. My digital front end is still a work in progress.
Cheers!
-Darius

hifinutt
04-07-2017, 01:21
welcome darius , good to have you

walpurgis
04-07-2017, 08:44
Hello Darius. Welcome to AOS.

Getting high quality sound without spending a fortune is a good way to go and it's surprising what can be achieved if you have the knowledge to get it right.

Tell us what future plans you may have for your system if any.

There's plenty going on here, so take a look around and join in any chat than interests you.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Barry
19-07-2017, 22:06
Welcome to AoS Darius,

We'll forgive you 'the Donald' - hopefully he won't be around long.

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

struth
19-07-2017, 22:32
Hi Darius, welcoe to the forum.. I'm all for old school jazz with a bit of blues, folk and Americana sprinkled in. Good tastes ......

Daru
20-07-2017, 02:20
Thank you all.

kbury25
20-07-2017, 15:35
Welcome to AOS