PDA

View Full Version : LFD AUDIO: For sale - LSI linestage / preamp

Neil McCauley
02-07-2017, 08:21
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LFD-Linestage-LS1-Legendary-Preamplifier-/401343661843?hash=item5d71f24713:g:NZIAAOSwaZdXILW 9

Yomanze
02-07-2017, 13:02
It has been on sale for quite a while. I wonder how this sounds compared to the LS3 or DLS? Any thoughts?

Neil McCauley
04-07-2017, 09:54
It has been on sale for quite a while. I wonder how this sounds compared to the LS3 or DLS? Any thoughts?

We searched and this is pretty much all we can find, other than prices seem to be climbing.

All line stages in this series are dedicated line level amplifiers offering comprehensive input switching and tape recording.
A very low output impedance endows each amplifier with the ability to drive relatively long or highly capacitive cables with ease and removes the bandwidth limitations in some passive preamplifiers.

Another advantage of the zero feedback circuit topology adopted for the LS1 ,LS2 and LSB, is the significant reduction of transient distortions and dynamic overload.

Although the line stages share similar topologies, the ascending cost of each product allows improvements in the power supply and the utilisation of superior passive components.

The LSB is a special version of the LS2, with one balanced and 4 unbalanced inputs, and an unbalanced/balanced output.
Gain 13 dB (LS2 and LSB) 9 dB (LS1)

Input Impedance <15 Ohm
Min Input Impedance 14k (LS2 and LSB) 8k2 (LS1)
Bandwidth 1 Hz- 100 kHz
Gross Weight 6 kg
Size 8.5 kg (LS2 and LSB) 7kg(LS 1) 480 mm*370 mm*7O mm
Special Features
Dual mono construction
Zero overall feedback
Star earthing
Custom LC-OFC and PC-OCC wiring
Regulated and RC smoothed power supply

Yomanze
04-07-2017, 13:25
Thanks, so as usual, very little information with regard to actual comparisons! :P

Neil McCauley
04-07-2017, 15:08
Thanks, so as usual, very little information with regard to actual comparisons! :P

I'm not qualified, in this instance, to offer any thoughts on comparisons. I'd rather not speculate on equipment that I don't have direct personal experience of. Meanwhile, the seller is offering 14 days sale or return in his ebay advert. That strikes me as very fair if one wanted to do a comparison under one's own conditions.