PDA

View Full Version : From Columbus, Ohio and Beyond

davidavdavid
01-07-2017, 20:16
Brought up in Europe (Portugal, UK, USA) Lived in Porto, London, New York City and now Columbus, OH. Everywhere I have lived and traveled music has played a role. With far less travel am able to settle down in one place, acquiring gear and music.

I presently write, review and research for HiFi Pig based out of France and am a moderator of the 30,000+ member LP&TT Facebook Group.

It never gets dull, but does get interesting.

Looking forward to connecting with you all.

walpurgis
02-07-2017, 08:54
Hello David. Welcome to AOS.

Ah. Reviewing and moderating. You must be a busy guy, I know reviews soak up a lot of time.

Tell us what Hi-Fi you use and what music you listen to.

We'll look forward to your input. I'm sure you have useful info and experience.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Macca
02-07-2017, 09:01
Hi David, welcome to AoS

davidavdavid
02-07-2017, 12:51
Hello David. Welcome to AOS.

Ah. Reviewing and moderating. You must be a busy guy, I know reviews soak up a lot of time.

Tell us what Hi-Fi you use and what music you listen to.

We'll look forward to your input. I'm sure you have useful info and experience.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.
In response:

Music first. My tastes run the gamut and and I am format agnostic. Analogue and/or Digital is fine by me, so records, compact discs, cassettes, and files (redbook & hi-res -> PCM + DSD). The list of what i don't listen to is dwarfed by what I do. Am at home with rock, pop, jazz, classical, folk, early country and experimental variations of the genres. Presently interested in music on the Command/ABC record label and only recently learned that the Sepia label has released a good number of them on compact disc.

As for my writing, besides HiFi Pig, i have been known to have a few letters to the editor published in Stereophile and some years back had one published in HiFi Choice when I was in the UK.

Equipment is varied:

Speakers: Audio Physic Tempo, Platinum Audio Studio, Mission 727, Wharfedale Denton 2XP
Ampllfiers: Parasound Halo 2.1, BelCanto Design s300, PS Audio Stellar Amp, McIntosh MAC 1700, Tandberg TR200
Phono Stages: Parasound ZPhono USB, NAD PP3i
Turntables: VPI Prime Scout, Denon DP-300F (2), Pro-Ject RPM1, Rega RP1, Parasound LTD900
Cartridges: Soundsmith Carmen, Sumiko Pearl & Oyster, Ortofon Red 2M, Rega Carbon, Audio Technica AT 95's and 91's
Tape Deck: Nakamichi 500
Cables: Audioquest, Transparent Audio, Cardas

And as for my moderation of the LP&TT group on Facebook, with 30,000+ members I am privy to a whole slew of perspectives on hifi and the industry across ages, genders and geographies. Never dull, always interesting.

struth
02-07-2017, 13:02
welcome to AoS David. Hope you enjoy the forum.:)

orchardaudio
14-08-2019, 01:02
Welcome.