PDA

View Full Version : QED uPlay Streamer

icehockeyboy
27-06-2017, 18:15
I'm getting so hacked off with various problems around the SBT that I'm looking for a really simple solution and this uber cheap unit caught my eye.

Has anyone tried one?

One reviewer says that he bought one to replace a failed Squeezebox and was impressed with its SQ.

Looking forward to your replies!

Kit1cat
27-06-2017, 22:05
Bit of a bargain at £19-95 from Richer Sounds, pity no digital output.

willbewill
27-06-2017, 22:22
Bit of a bargain at £19-95 from Richer Sounds, pity no digital output.

And not many left.

WAD62
28-06-2017, 18:10
I'm getting so hacked off with various problems around the SBT that I'm looking for a really simple solution and this uber cheap unit caught my eye.

Has anyone tried one?

One reviewer says that he bought one to replace a failed Squeezebox and was impressed with its SQ.

Looking forward to your replies!

Where're your music files stored?

roob
28-06-2017, 23:23
It's going to be brilliant another giant killer:rfl:

icehockeyboy
29-06-2017, 18:15
Where're your music files stored?

I mainly stream from Deezer Premium, but I do have an attached hard drive linked to the SBT.

WAD62
29-06-2017, 18:20
I mainly stream from Deezer Premium, but I do have an attached hard drive linked to the SBT.

It has no HD support, along with no digital out...you'd need to invest in a NAS, and if you did that your SBTouch would work much better too, as you could run LMS on it, or even on a pi, instead of overloading your touch!

icehockeyboy
30-06-2017, 08:58
It has no HD support, along with no digital out...you'd need to invest in a NAS, and if you did that your SBTouch would work much better too, as you could run LMS on it, or even on a pi, instead of overloading your touch!

Why would it work better?

Intenso
08-07-2017, 19:27
I have one that I plan to use in my apartment overseas in the summer.

I briefly hooked it up when I got it and it connected to the LMS and seemed to stream well.

I immediately unhooked it so didn't assess it SQ and TBH that's not why I bought it.