PDA

View Full Version : North West Newcomer

folkfanatic
23-01-2010, 20:36
Has anyone been to the North West Hi Fidelity Show at Manchester Airport this weekend? If so, I was wondering if it was any good as the list of exhibitors seems a bit sparse.

Spectral Morn
23-01-2010, 21:49
Welcome to AOS.

Perhaps you could say hello, tell us a wee bit more about yourself. What kind of system do you have ? Type of music you like, basic location and your first name?

Regards D S D L

folkfanatic
24-01-2010, 08:15
Hello everyone - I would like to introduce myself as Ruth from Bolton. I have what many would call a fairly basic system (compared to many I have seen here) which comprises Rega P5 Turntable with RB700 arm and Dynavector 10X5 MM Cartridge, EAR 834P Valve Phono Stage, Cambridge 740A AMP, Cambridge 740C CD Player, Usher S-520 speakers, Mogami speaker cable, Chord Silver Siren interconnects, Russ Andrews main leads. I have been fascinated with althings Hi Fi since the mid 80's and have a large CD and vinyl collection. I love alternative bands, indie rock, modern and trad folk and modern jazz to name but a few.

I am pleased to be a part of this forum and look forward to getting involved in discussions and obtaining views and advice.:)

Beechwoods
24-01-2010, 08:22
Hi Ruth. Welcome to the forum and thanks for saying hello. Looks like some interesting kit you have there. And a eclectic music taste that would suggest you'll fit right in!

I'm sure there'll be some show reports coming along shortly. I'm guessing that a few of the members there (including some of the exhibitors) haven't yet made it back yet. Have you been yourself?

The Grand Wazoo
24-01-2010, 08:45
Hi Ruth,
Welcome to theAoS!
I'm off to the show in a short while.
Your broad taste in music means, of course, that you'll be regularly posting in the music section of the forum & making plenty of recommendations for new music for us all!

Cheers

folkfanatic
24-01-2010, 08:53
I'm on my way to the show today - I went last year and it was very good with a wide range of exhibitors. It doesn't look from the programme as if there are so many exhibitors this year but will give it a go anyway.
I would love to contribute to the music section Chris and thanks for pointing it out to me - I am sure I will become a regular visitor

Marco
24-01-2010, 10:25
Hi Ruth,

Welcome to AoS :)

We like folk music here so I'm looking forward to reading some of your recommendations in the music room.

Chris,

You should've said and I would have gone too to meet you there and share a few frothy ones :cool:

I hope everyone going to the show today has a good time.

Marco.

Spectral Morn
24-01-2010, 10:37
Hi Ruth

Thank you for the extra info.

Enjoy the show.

Regards D S D L

Jonboy
24-01-2010, 10:45
Hi Ruth and welcome, looks like we are going to have interesting views on the show later, we hope you will give us yours:)

chris@panteg
24-01-2010, 11:56
Hi Ruth and welcome

You have a very impressive set up there ' how do you like the CA740A ' i have had one just over a year now and i rather like it best sounding SS amp i have used by far.

folkfanatic
24-01-2010, 12:17
Hi Chris - I am really impressed with this amp - it has great detail and really seems to suit the rest of my system. The digital input is a real bonus and allows me to connect my Slimdevices Squeezebox. What do you have in rest of your system?

chris@panteg
24-01-2010, 12:45
Hi Ruth

Take a look at my signature at the bottom ' been through loads of stuff over the years ' LP12' Voyd ' Roksan ' and big valve set up , now starting from the bottom all over again and enjoying it .

BTW i like Folk too , Love Fairport Convention my local band you might say , croperdy close by and The Pentangle ' i know they are not strictly purist folk but i love em.

Rare Bird
24-01-2010, 15:46
Welcome Folkfanatic..I've always wondered why Bolton is part of Greater Machester!

Barry
24-01-2010, 18:39
Hi Ruth,
Welcome to theAoS!
Your broad taste in music means, of course, that you'll be regularly posting in the music section of the forum & making plenty of recommendations for new music for us all!

Cheers

Will we be getting a visit report Chris?

Welcome to AoS Ruth. Nice to have someone who chooses to call themselves 'Folkfanatic'; we seem to have been inudated with 'prog rock fanatics lately. Also good to have another female member on board; ought to help moderate the laddish humour that abounds here from time to time.

Enjoy the forum Ruth.

Regards

Alex_UK
25-01-2010, 21:36
Hello & welcome Ruth, enjoy AoS.

folkfanatic
29-01-2010, 13:24
Hi Chris

Am glad to hear you also fnd this amp a good one - I find it very detailed, smooth and powerful when neeed and the digital inout is a real bonus