PDA

View Full Version : unlucky!

karma67
11-06-2017, 18:05
i unplugged my sony 700es amp today to give the denon amp a try and when plugged back in the sonys protection circuit kicked in,the led normally goes from red to green when everything's ok,mine stayed on red so somethings a miss,the amp still works ok but im not taking any chances so off to tim the repair wizard for a check up.

it feels like loosing an arm already! :lol:

walpurgis
11-06-2017, 18:14
Oh dear. Hope it's not too expensive to sort Jamie. (I know how much you need that speaker money ;))

My amp is also unwell and in the hospital at the moment. Must be some bug going about :rolleyes:.

struth
11-06-2017, 18:15
Bad speaker wire maybe?

karma67
11-06-2017, 18:20
no as it does it with nothing connected.

karma67
11-06-2017, 18:22
Oh dear. Hope it's not too expensive to sort Jamie. (I know how much you need that speaker money ;))

get behind me satan !!!
no it shoudn't be to expensive,tims a good guy and is fair in his pricing :)

andyrlb
11-06-2017, 18:25
Feel for you Jamie , good luck with the repairs though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karma67
14-06-2017, 15:57
the amp is fixed,i pick it up on saturday :carrot:
apparently it was well out of spec and should sound much better now,i thought it sounded great as it was so im looking forward to hearing it,i cant remember what i was told that caused the short but i was told i was lucky to catch it when i did.
phew!

HackneyRF
14-06-2017, 16:27
the amp is fixed,i pick it up on saturday :carrot:
apparently it was well out of spec and should sound much better now,i thought it sounded great as it was so im looking forward to hearing it,i cant remember what i was told that caused the short but i was told i was lucky to catch it when i did.
phew!

Glad you have it sorted Jamie. Do you mind if I ask who Tim the repair Wizard is? I'm moving to the South Coast at some point this summer when this protracted house purchase gets completed and of course it's always great to have a Tim the repair Wizard somewhere close by!

Cheers

Loz

karma67
17-06-2017, 14:29
well after a nightmare trip to farnborough on the m25 due to the m3 slip road being shut im finally back and the amp is sounded better than ever!
cheers tim :)

HackneyRF
19-06-2017, 18:42
Glad you have it sorted Jamie. Do you mind if I ask who Tim the repair Wizard is? I'm moving to the South Coast at some point this summer when this protracted house purchase gets completed and of course it's always great to have a Tim the repair Wizard somewhere close by!

Cheers

Loz

I don't know, perhaps I'm being overly sensitive here. I really don't mind being told that I'm not able to be given a contact for repairs etc. But for my post to be ignored comes across as a little rude. But please correct me if I'm wrong

karma67
19-06-2017, 18:45
sorry i wasn't ignoring you,i just forget to reply,i will pm you his number :)he's based in farnborough so not excatly south coast but worth the trip if you value your stuff.

HackneyRF
19-06-2017, 19:03
Overly sensitive it was then Jamie ;).
Thanks for the reply. Yeah a bit out of the way but often worth it for a good one.

Cheers

Loz