PDA

View Full Version : F/S EAR YOSHINO 8L6 Integrated amplifier

ovlov854
31-05-2017, 10:02
For Sale is my EAR 8L6
This is one of the most versatile amps in the EAR line-up
It uses the EL34 valve for sweetness and delicacy and produces 50 WPC more than enough to drive most speakers.
It is an integrated with a passive pre-amp section which may be switched out to enable it to be used as a power amp with direct inputs.
There is a pre-out which enables bi-amping

EAR YOSHINO provide excellent service at very reasonable prices with an inexpensive pickup and delivery service/

This amp has had a recnt Service and re-valve at EAR and has a full set of spare EL34
power valve which will be included
The box and original packaging are also present so shipping is possible but will be
expensive and at buyers cost
Collection is preferred so you can see and hear it.
I can provide you with tea or coffee :):)

£1725.00

http://i.imgur.com/qEkhLbH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4CrCuxV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Z0jeSxH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LovYmRh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WqMsmZo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Nr6vwDN.jpg

farflungstar
31-05-2017, 10:04
Yummy piece of kit.

ovlov854
02-06-2017, 18:09
Yummy piece of kit.

Thanks....it sounds yummy too:eyebrows:

Ninanina
02-06-2017, 19:17
That looks lovely Martin

I have always had an itch to try something from Tim de Paravicini but having gone down the AN route it won't allow me too :doh:

However I think that Tim is a superb designer of valve amps in general

WESTLOWER
02-06-2017, 21:15
Nice! Glwts Martin

ovlov854
04-06-2017, 08:12
Thanks for the kind words Guys

ovlov854
06-06-2017, 21:20
Close offers considered

montesquieu
07-06-2017, 16:12
Cracking amp this, for most practical purposes the integrated equivalent of the 534. Capable of driving speakers that wouldn't normally be regarded as valve friendly. Great price too.

jeromesabbagh
07-06-2017, 20:26
I might be interested but I live in New York, USA. Is the voltage switchable on this? Would you consider shipping? Thanks!

Jerome Sabbagh
www.jeromesabbagh.com

ovlov854
08-06-2017, 12:28
Thanks for your interest but I am not willing to risk shipment

jeromesabbagh
08-06-2017, 13:44
Thanks for answering. Please let me know if you change your mind. I've had Rogers JR 149 and Garrard 401 shipped from the UK without a hitch so I would be OK with shipping, especially considering you have the original packaging. But I understand if you'd rather not do it, of course.

ovlov854
09-06-2017, 12:37
Unfortunately most shippers wont pay out on anything with glass in, if damage does occur

hifi_dave
09-06-2017, 16:27
If it's sent in the original packaging, then UPS will cover it. I regularly send valve and other equipment via UPS and rate their excellent service.

ovlov854
09-06-2017, 18:39
Interesting....thanks, but would it have be booked directly with UPS or could I use someone like Parcel 2go and pick UPS as the carrier?

ovlov854
09-06-2017, 18:49
Thanks for answering. Please let me know if you change your mind. I've had Rogers JR 149 and Garrard 401 shipped from the UK without a hitch so I would be OK with shipping, especially considering you have the original packaging. But I understand if you'd rather not do it, of course.

I will enquire further but so far shipping with insurance will cost 200+ GBP.
I will ask EAR how to switch voltage as it will need to be done internally.
Most of their production is for export so should be straightforward
There is always a step down transformer

jeromesabbagh
10-06-2017, 14:23
Thanks! I appreciate this.

hifi_dave
10-06-2017, 17:04
Interesting....thanks, but would it have be booked directly with UPS or could I use someone like Parcel 2go and pick UPS as the carrier?

Parcel 2go or Pharos offer cheaper prices for UPS and DPD deliveries. I have used Pharos for years and confirm their service is first rate.

EAR will change voltage for minimal charge. I believe it is just swopping wires on the mains x'mer.

This amp as advertised is a great price so a little juggling with wires is worthwhile.

ovlov854
12-06-2017, 10:17
Parcel 2go or Pharos offer cheaper prices for UPS and DPD deliveries. I have used Pharos for years and confirm their service is first rate.

EAR will change voltage for minimal charge. I believe it is just swopping wires on the mains x'mer.

This amp as advertised is a great price so a little juggling with wires is worthwhile.
Thanks for the info but it was Pharos who told me that they would nor cover glass

Couple of enquiries but still for sale

hifi_dave
12-06-2017, 10:26
Well, they have no problems with all the "glass" I send. Also, both EAR and Croft send their goods using UPS.

ovlov854
13-06-2017, 08:24
I will enquire further but so far shipping with insurance will cost 200+ GBP.
I will ask EAR how to switch voltage as it will need to be done internally.
Most of their production is for export so should be straightforward
There is always a step down transformer

PM SENT

ovlov854
17-06-2017, 00:43
:laugh: The perfect gift for Father's Day !!

ovlov854
24-06-2017, 09:34
nudge nudge

ovlov854
02-07-2017, 10:18
nudge nudge

wink Wink

ovlov854
09-07-2017, 09:59
:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

walpurgis
09-07-2017, 10:15
Some new photos might be good Martin, seeing as Photobucket has hijacked your originals.

WESTLOWER
09-07-2017, 14:12
Can't believe this is still here!:scratch:

ovlov854
09-07-2017, 14:55
Some new photos might be good Martin, seeing as Photobucket has hijacked your originals.
Hi Geoff
How on earth do I update my account?......the Photobucket site is confusing to someone technically challenged like moi
Or do I have to upload from scratch>

walpurgis
09-07-2017, 15:17
It seems most folk are choosing an alternative to Photobucket, as they now want a rather large payment for their service. There are plenty of other image hosting sites, some are free and may even not require registration.

Imgur is popular. I use Tinypic, but it takes patience to cope with the advertising thrust at you, including confusing redirects occasionally.

ovlov854
09-07-2017, 15:43
It seems most folk are choosing an alternative to Photobucket, as they now want a rather large payment for their service. There are plenty of other image hosting sites, some are free and may even not require registration.

Imgur is popular. I use Tinypic, but it takes patience to cope with the advertising thrust at you, including confusing redirects occasionally.
Thanks I will get my clever sons who laugh at the "silver surfer" to set something simple
Pics restored for now and I think I'm updated

ovlov854
10-07-2017, 10:36
Try again :doh:

struth
10-07-2017, 10:46
https://cubeupload.com/ free and quick

struth
10-07-2017, 10:50
http://i.imgur.com/4CrCuxV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LovYmRh.jpg

there you go mate:)

They ar imagur ones. You forgot to put IMG in [] each side

walpurgis
10-07-2017, 11:18
Ah. I see Grant has done it.

ovlov854
10-07-2017, 12:22
Thank you Gentlemen both

montesquieu
10-07-2017, 17:05
I've moved from photobucket to imgur, it's free and no ads that I can see (with and ad blocker on of course).

[edit I see grant has sorted things out]

Arkless Electronics
10-07-2017, 17:32
Well, they have no problems with all the "glass" I send. Also, both EAR and Croft send their goods using UPS.

The one and only time I've had something wrecked in transit UPS were the culprits..

Arkless Electronics
10-07-2017, 17:33
I've moved from photobucket to imgur, it's free and no ads that I can see (with and ad blocker on of course).

[edit I see grant has sorted things out]

Same here. seems to work just as well as photofuckit so far. Still seething at them for making us all have to do this though!

montesquieu
10-07-2017, 18:25
Same here. seems to work just as well as photofuckit so far. Still seething at them for making us all have to do this though!

+1 !!

Blackmail is never a good move for a company.

ovlov854
10-07-2017, 21:37
Yea Brothers!! it took awhile but think I have all uploaded that I want
Now photobucket can f*&$%$&&$%t:ner:

walpurgis
10-07-2017, 21:47
Nice one Martin! :thumbsup:

ovlov854
13-07-2017, 16:04
Can't believe this is still here!:scratch:

Ummm Yeah me too!

ovlov854
28-07-2017, 15:35
gentle nudge:cool:

ovlov854
28-08-2017, 20:54
Price reduction to £1670.00

farflungstar
29-08-2017, 07:18
Have you tried this as a power amp only?

montesquieu
29-08-2017, 07:37
That's effectively what it is, on all EAR integrateds it's just a passive pot on the front, open it up and you have a power amp.

farflungstar
29-08-2017, 07:48
I thought it had a switch to take the pot (no doubt cheap nasty Alps) out of circuit.

ovlov854
29-08-2017, 09:08
You're both right to a certain extent.
Reading the info from EAR there is a passive pre-amp to function as an integrated with a switch to take it out of circuit and direct inputs to be used as a stand alone power amp. The switch also enables bi amping and inserting a graphic eq. (:doh: who would want to?) Not all of the EAR integrated have this facility
I have used it both as an integrated and as a power amp with an EAR 864 and with my current Hovland both with excellent results

petrat
29-08-2017, 09:26
I had the 534 (the power amp version of this), and it was one of the very best amplifiers I've had ... and I've had a lot :rolleyes:

It's a match made in heaven with Tannoys ime ... those 8 power valves giving plenty of drive and current, and the class A design giving excellent detail, realistically proportioned soundstage, correct tone, etc. Perhaps it's not been reviewed for years, but this is still a top-class amplifier. Anyone thinking of getting a valve amplifier for the first time, but maybe worried about maintaining it ... this is the amp to get, as all EAR amps have great reliability and very long lives, and, if needed, servicing is done at a very reasonable rate. Strongly recommended :thumbsup:

hifi_dave
29-08-2017, 09:31
Can't believe this lovely amp hasn't sold..:scratch:

Things go very quiet through the Summer months, so may I suggest you wait until October and then re-list it.

farflungstar
29-08-2017, 11:32
Hmmm I'm looking for another amp to join the clan and one that could operate as an integrated if god forbid my the Truth should throw a wobbly.... Thinking cap on...

ovlov854
02-09-2017, 09:33
Thanks for the words of support Guys.:clapclapclap:
Peter is quite right ...ownership of this amp is very reasonable. EAR servicing cost are remarkably good, great pick-up and delivery And EL34 valves plentiful and you don't have to have matched sets of valves :eyebrows:

ovlov854
17-09-2017, 10:17
Autumn is the time to gather round the Hi fi:eyebrows::eyebrows:

ovlov854
22-09-2017, 17:34
:mex:

ovlov854
30-09-2017, 17:11
:mex:

Still available

For some reason I can't edit my original post.

PRICE IS £ 1670 and shipping is possible
as is meeting up to 50 miles from Solihull

ovlov854
01-10-2017, 10:05
:D

ovlov854
06-10-2017, 17:21
Still available

For some reason I can't edit my original post.

PRICE IS £ 1670 and shipping is possible
as is meeting up to 50 miles from Solihull
Weekend bump

ovlov854
14-10-2017, 09:17
:cool:

mikeyb
14-10-2017, 10:12
If I could only sell my TQ amp and PMC speakers in the classifieds then this would be very tempting, I'm away to bump a couple of adverts [emoji6]

ovlov854
15-10-2017, 09:11
If I could only sell my TQ amp and PMC speakers in the classifieds then this would be very tempting, I'm away to bump a couple of adverts [emoji6]

Me too :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

Montanari
15-10-2017, 22:35
Would you like a trade with an exactly like new unison Unico 100 ?
Dual mono integrated hybrid amp 180w 8ohm 340 4ohm 500w 2ohm made in Italy ?
Bought new remote and double box very easy and safe to ship
Thanks
Dani

ovlov854
16-10-2017, 12:40
Would you like a trade with an exactly like new unison Unico 100 ?
Dual mono integrated hybrid amp 180w 8ohm 340 4ohm 500w 2ohm made in Italy ?
Bought new remote and double box very easy and safe to ship
Thanks
Dani

Hi and welcome to AOS
Thank you for your kind offer but when my 8L6 is in use I use it purely as a power amp. As my T/T and HP100 with its built in phono stage is in constant use your amp would not fulfill my needs

Ninanina
17-10-2017, 00:05
Martin is there any reason not to put this on eBay?

Think it's coming up for hifi selling season, dark cold nights and Chirstmas is coming and people like to treat themselves as well as buying presents for others

I am sure if you put it on eBay, quoting the new price of about £4,800, it will sell as it's a complete bargain for someone

I only use Buy-It-Now these days, with Best Offers

Maybe put the Ear Yoshino up for £2K with best offers and I'm sure it will go especially as you are prepared to ship

Just a thought :)

ovlov854
17-10-2017, 10:08
Yes I agree.......being tight I am waiting for the next offer on fees !!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::l

ovlov854
22-10-2017, 08:12
:sofa: Boo !!

ovlov854
28-10-2017, 08:54
:sofa: Boo !!

Boo 2

Voodoochile
31-10-2017, 20:13
Hello Martin,

I am very interested in your Ear Yoshino 8L6 amplifier.
I am a new member and have slowly been putting my Hi Fi back together after selling most of it due to losing my job a couple of years ago, but I have my system virtually back together apart from the main amplifier.
I was looking for a Ear 834 , but having read a little about the 8L6 it would seem to be very similar, except the 8L6 can be used as a pre or power amplifier, do you know if there are any other differences.
I live on the South coast in Dorset, so no where near the Midlands.
So, will you post to me in Dorset ?? if so how much, I think the current price is £1670.00
Plus you say it has recently been serviced with new valves, could you let me know the date it was serviced and do you still have the copy of the receipt from Ear.
Plus , being a new member , how does this work ??? ie payment etc.
Thanks
Chris

ovlov854
01-11-2017, 01:05
Hi Chris. Yes as far as I know the 8L6 just has a switchable pre-amp section and is able to be used as a stand alone power amp as well
I can advise postage to you asap.
Normally we would now contact each other via PM but you need a few more posts before you can do that.
Payment is normally done by either Paypal Friends& Family or Bank Transfer
Ask me more questions in reply to get posts up
Martin

Voodoochile
01-11-2017, 12:01
Hi Martin,
OK, paypal or bank transfer are fine, so if you could advise transport costs to Dorset via a nextday service.
Also, can you advise when it was serviced and had valves replaced and do you still have a copy of the receipt/letter from Ear.
Plus you say a spare set of valves, I presume these are the old ones that have been replaced when it was serviced, so I presume they should only be used as a stop gap if something happends to the new valves.
I am fairly new to valves, I am 57 years old and got my first turntable when I was 14 , but up until the last year , I had always been transistors.
I did demo an Icon Audio PS1 MK2 MC phono amplifier and a couple of MB30SE mono blocks and on certain material they sounded quite good , but were limited in the type of music they sounded good with, IE it had to be fairly simple well recorded records, but the mid range was great, but the treble was mushy and the bass too loose for me, so I am hoping the Ear with 50 watts push pull class A will be better.
Plus I have recently purchased a noteworthy Phonote MC phono amplifier which seems alot better than the Icon Audio phono amp , though I can only play it through the headphones since I dont have a main amp, so it hard to tell how much better.
Anyway, hopefully I have asked you a few questions.
Cheers

Montanari
01-11-2017, 14:53
I was hoping nobody contacted Martin so to have the time to sell mine and buy this!
It's a great amp , one of the best, and it can drive most of the speaker in a normal house room, with every kind of music
If you live in a palace using magneplanar, Martin Logan or some big 3-4woofers speaker difficult to drive it's another matter..
For the valve it's a bit of an audiophiliac sickness (that I also have) because in the hi fi use the small pre drivers can work forever, the power ones(the big el34) for thousands of hours
So it's not really a problem ..

struth
01-11-2017, 14:56
Hi Chris. Yes as far as I know the 8L6 just has a switchable pre-amp section and is able to be used as a stand alone power amp as well
I can advise postage to you asap.
Normally we would now contact each other via PM but you need a few more posts before you can do that.
Payment is normally done by either Paypal Friends& Family or Bank Transfer
Ask me more questions in reply to get posts up
Martin

HE SHOULD BE ABLE TAKE PMS NOW.. if not then 1 more post will do it.

Voodoochile
01-11-2017, 15:23
Hello,
Yes, I am fairly new to valves , but have always admired the look of the Ear equipment, and read alot of good reviews , but never ventured into valves, until the last year.
Like everything else, it`s all subjective and it`s a case of weighing the goods things valves do against the good things transistors can do and overall , I am beginning to like valves more.
My transistor amps could sound impressive but ultimately can be fatiguing, I certainly have longer playing time with valves, , quite often my sessions are 3 to 4 hours long [ wife permitting !!!], I could never do that with transistors.
Though on some of my recordings , I do miss the crunching Bass , especially as my speakers go deep and taut, though as I said , overall , I prefer valves.
Chris

Montanari
01-11-2017, 16:27
In my opinion Hours of listening it depend by the amp (valve and transistor doesn't matter), more from the speaker, and even more from the match amp/speaker
With this amp you get the tight bass of the transistor and the liquid mid treble of the valve
Maybe, but maybe, you could loose a bit of the speed of a top transistor

montesquieu
01-11-2017, 16:47
In my opinion Hours of listening it depend by the amp (valve and transistor doesn't matter), more from the speaker, and even more from the match amp/speaker
With this amp you get the tight bass of the transistor and the liquid mid treble of the valve
Maybe, but maybe, you could loose a bit of the speed of a top transistor

Have never found any of Tim's amps to be lacking in speed.

ovlov854
01-11-2017, 17:23
Hi Martin,
OK, paypal or bank transfer are fine, so if you could advise transport costs to Dorset via a nextday service.
Also, can you advise when it was serviced and had valves replaced and do you still have a copy of the receipt/letter from Ear.
Plus you say a spare set of valves, I presume these are the old ones that have been replaced when it was serviced, so I presume they should only be used as a stop gap if something happends to the new valves.
I am fairly new to valves, I am 57 years old and got my first turntable when I was 14 , but up until the last year , I had always been transistors.
I did demo an Icon Audio PS1 MK2 MC phono amplifier and a couple of MB30SE mono blocks and on certain material they sounded quite good , but were limited in the type of music they sounded good with, IE it had to be fairly simple well recorded records, but the mid range was great, but the treble was mushy and the bass too loose for me, so I am hoping the Ear with 50 watts push pull class A will be better.
Plus I have recently purchased a noteworthy Phonote MC phono amplifier which seems alot better than the Icon Audio phono amp , though I can only play it through the headphones since I dont have a main amp, so it hard to tell how much better.
Anyway, hopefully I have asked you a few questions.
Cheers

I will now try to send you a PM.
You should be able to reply to it........it just keeps personal data between us

ovlov854
01-11-2017, 18:34
HE SHOULD BE ABLE TAKE PMS NOW.. if not then 1 more post will do it.
Thanks Grant they seem to have got through

ovlov854
04-11-2017, 17:40
Now Sold
Thanks Chris and thanks to all members for encouraging words

mikeyb
04-11-2017, 18:34
Now Sold
Thanks Chris and thanks to all members for encouraging words

Great news, mind you, I had logged in to message you to say I would buy it, when I saw that it had been sold, oh well never mind - plan Z now :doh:

ovlov854
05-11-2017, 02:33
Great news, mind you, I had logged in to message you to say I would buy it, when I saw that it had been sold, oh well never mind - plan Z now :doh:

its called Sods Law! good luck with your seach