PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Pre Amp

mikeyb
26-05-2017, 07:19
Hi,

I'm thinking of moving on my Croft Epoch Pre Amp but before I do I'd like to see what else is out there first.

Passive/Active?
Minimum of 2 inputs
Silver Fascia?
Not too tall, limited shelf space.
Remote handy but not essential.

Let see what you have to offer, not in a rush.

Budget no more than £500.

Thanks,

Mike.

mikeyb
27-05-2017, 10:20
I'll be putting my Croft Epoch Pre-Amp up for sale later today in a separate advert but until then I'd be happy to trade/swap it for something offered here.

Ali Tait
27-05-2017, 10:25
I don't need my Slagle pre any more Mike, can bring it with me tomorrow if you like, hang on to it and give it a good listening to.

struth
27-05-2017, 10:27
I don't need my Slagle pre any more Mike, can bring it with me tomorrow if you like, hang on to it and give it a good listening to.

What you moved to now Ali?

walpurgis
27-05-2017, 10:45

That should sound good.

mikeyb
27-05-2017, 10:47
Aye that would be great, I'll be able to return all your other toys tomorrow too 😉

Ali Tait
27-05-2017, 12:15
LOL cool.

Ali Tait
27-05-2017, 12:23
What you moved to now Ali?

Nothing. :-)

Realised that the miniDSP I'm using has two analogue inputs, one single ended and one balanced. They are not switcheable, but it's no big deal to turn off the phono stage if I'm listening to anything digital - it's valve so only turned on whilst in use anyway.

Everything apart from the vinyl goes through the mytek dac, so connected that using balanced, phono stage to SE inputs. So using digital, I have remote control swiching between sources, as well as remote volume on the miniDSP.

Best preamp is no preamp and all that jazz.