PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Audio Note Dac 2.1x Signature

Undarra
17-05-2017, 12:53
Hi am looking for an AN Dac 2.1x Signature (mkii) if anyone is thinking of moving one on.

Many thanks, Si

WESTLOWER
18-05-2017, 08:48
Simon, Just a heads up, if you are interested in the AN Dac 2.1 sig or similar at that sort of price point
I would strongly suggest checking SW1X line of DACs, Slava is incredible in his knowledge of
high end DACs and indeed uses a lot of the AN as reference. Worth a chat I reckon. IMHO for the used price you could get something new
and dare I say it 'better'
http://sw1xad.co.uk

ovlov854
18-05-2017, 19:46
Simon, Just a heads up, if you are interested in the AN Dac 2.1 sig or similar at that sort of price point
I would strongly suggest checking SW1X line of DACs, Slava is incredible in his knowledge of
high end DACs and indeed uses a lot of the AN as reference. Worth a chat I reckon. IMHO for the used price you could get something new
and dare I say it 'better'
http://sw1xad.co.uk

I too heartilly agree. I have the DAC 1 and prefer it to my previous AN Dac
Go forth and audition!!

Undarra
21-05-2017, 16:53
Thanks for the info guys i hadn't paid much attention to SW1X before now but having read some reviews it sounds like they have the same 'philosophy' as Audio Note in their level approach and in terms of sound quality also. I've heard an AN 2.1x in my system and really liked it so will see if i can get a home demo from SW1X.

Ovlov - If you don't mind me asking what was the AN DAC that yours replaced?

Many thanks, Si

ovlov854
22-05-2017, 19:35
The AN dac I had was a DAC ONE 1x
AN dac s have a very high output and swamped my pre to the extent that I had to get a -14db attenuator
The standard SW1X Dac 1 left it for dead
You can specify high or low output
There is currently one on ebay Go audition it

bumpy
23-05-2017, 08:02
Thanks for the info guys i hadn't paid much attention to SW1X before now but having read some reviews it sounds like they have the same 'philosophy' as Audio Note in their level approach and in terms of sound quality also.
Many thanks, Si

I would say you have nearly hit the nail on the head about the likeness of the SW1X approach compared to Audionote. But I would say that a closer reality, is that Slawa at SW1X compares to the Peter Qvortrop that was starting out all those years ago around the Brighton area where I lived, bought some of his gear, and met him both at my house and his.

Today, it has to be acknowledged that Audionote UK have developed into a mainstream (albeit expensive) manufacturer and with that, inevitably comes the lack of intimate contact of Peter with both his many products and his customers.

Slawa is just making his way in the world of commercial Hi Fi, he has his own philosophies and convictions and here is a man that still listens to every component in every bit of gear he sells.