PDA

View Full Version : Stuff you can't get anymore and things you can (at the moment).

walpurgis
12-05-2017, 08:32
Have you noticed that many useful things are no longer available? Like Creosote, Turpentine, decent weedkillers such as Sodium Chlorate and so on. In fact the only weedkiller available is Glyphosate, which is pretty useless and will also be banned eventually I reckon.

Now is the time to stock up on things that could be barred as 'too dangerous' for the mere public to be let loose with. I foresee Caustic Soda, Cellulose thinners, Turps Substitute, oil or spirit based wood treatments, aerosol paints, Methylated Spirits, motor oils, coolants and hydraulic fluid, pain killers and other 'over the counter' medications, etc., being removed from public access eventually.

I already keep a decent stock of likely items, just in case.

I'd like a decent handgun, with a few boxes of ammo, but I guess that's out of the question. :D

struth
12-05-2017, 08:38
creosote was banned for public use in 2003. ridiculous i know but such is life. Think it was a EU directive tbh. I used it responsibly on my sheds etc and it was a damn site better than the crap now and cheap. If you drilled a hole in a tree stump and poured and sealed it would kill it too.
Salt works as a weed killer

hifinutt
12-05-2017, 09:22
ha , I used turpentine all day yesterday decorating . I use that or white spirit .

https://www.glenwooddecoratingsupplies.co.uk/accessories-c14/cleaning-c29/pure-turpentine-500ml-p590/s1836?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=pure-turpentine-500ml-g00914&utm_campaign=product%2Blisting%2Bads&gclid=CMDntsCC6tMCFQi77Qod1d8ONQ

also no nonsense wood preservative is superb and probably just as good as creosote

I use it a lot and it really soaks in well

http://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-wood-treatment-dark-brown-5ltr/23266

funnily enough not so long ago I looked after an old lady who stood on a tin of creosote to paint her fence , she went trough the lid and got leg ulcers on her leg which we had to treat !!!!

WESTLOWER
12-05-2017, 09:48
My Mrs just clocked this thread and walked off shaking her head! :lol:

Sherwood
12-05-2017, 10:11
Does a decent government count?

:steam:

walpurgis
12-05-2017, 10:14
Does a decent government count?

Not really. Such things are fictional!

walpurgis
12-05-2017, 10:25
If toilet paper was banned, things could get messy! :D

spendorman
12-05-2017, 10:41

Thank goodness San Izal hard toilet paper is near enough banned!!

walpurgis
12-05-2017, 10:55
Than goodness San Izal hard toilet paper is near enough banned!!

Yes. That was more for 'spreading it about' than actually wiping! :eek:

Hard toilet paper used to be a favourite in schools, as I recall. Dreadful stuff.

spendorman
12-05-2017, 11:00
I always wondered how people managed to use it.

I remember it my school too.

In the early 70's I worked at Boosey and Hawkes, first in the Machine Shop, and we had that San Izal paper in the toilets there.

Later on I was promoted to the Technical Office and given a key to the Executive toilets! No hard toilet paper in there!

Puffin
12-05-2017, 11:32
"Now Wash Your Hands Please"

Talking of that....what happened to Swarfega for hands and Gunk for engines? Oh...and small independent Motor Factors that had all the bits that Halfords didn't have and you didn't have to drive (if your car was useable) bloody miles to a "retail park" to get anything. I suppose the internet has taken their place, but sometimes you want see before you buy.

Sherwood
12-05-2017, 13:51
Didn't the Beatles (John Lennon) make a big thing about the "greaseproof" toilet paper at Abbey Road?

Geoff

rigger67
12-05-2017, 14:01
San Izal

Isn't that what this guy used to shout just before adding "Size of .." and then choosing the animal* he wanted to be ?

http://www.thechestnut.com/banana/farike.jpg

*(typically an elephant as I recall ..)

Stryder5
12-05-2017, 14:14
"Now Wash Your Hands Please"

Talking of that....what happened to Swarfega for hands and Gunk for engines? Oh...and small independent Motor Factors that had all the bits that Halfords didn't have and you didn't have to drive (if your car was useable) bloody miles to a "retail park" to get anything. I suppose the internet has taken their place, but sometimes you want see before you buy.

Swarfega and Gunk still available locally, guess I'm lucky, live in small village and have 5 independent motor factors with 5 minute drive, I use them to keep them going.

I avoid using the Internet when possible as I am BLOODY impatient, when I want something I want it now!��

hifinutt
12-05-2017, 14:27

when i went to pakistan i got a shock as they don`t use it . just a jug !

walpurgis
12-05-2017, 14:54
You can't get Fry's Five Boys chocolate bar these days.

Barry
12-05-2017, 14:55
'Hard' toilet paper is still popular in Switzerland.

Countries that use 'squat style' toilets often provide paper for visitors, well at least the ones I have visited.

And on the same subject, toilet paper in flat packs is becoming increasingly hard to find.

Apropos 'houshold' chemicals, well many are now getting more diffficult to buy, either due to H&S concerns (i.e. they may be carcinogenic, corrosive or poisonous) or because they can be used to make explosives.

And as for mercury batteries, or tin/lead solder ........

walpurgis
12-05-2017, 14:57
Countries that use 'squat style' toilets often provide paper for visitors

Yeah. But they think it's for writing on. :D

Macca
12-05-2017, 15:02
Proper frozen American waffles. Used to be able to get them in Asda but not for years now. Tried everywhere. Search on the web and all you find is expat yanks asking the same question. Nobody wants the crappy Belgian things, they just aren't the same, but you can buy them everywhere. Maybe that will change with Brexit?

rigger67
12-05-2017, 15:07
I miss Texan Bars.
http://caleythistleonline.com/uploads/monthly_01_2015/post-50-0-37800700-1420749245.jpg

I see Tiffin is back for fans of the Dairy Milk variant, but I really miss Texans.
They were filthy and took AGES to eat ..

Oh, and proper toffee CurlyWurlys - not the modern kind that disintegrate as soon as they hit your tongue :(

struth
12-05-2017, 15:43
'Hard' toilet paper is still popular in Switzerland.

Countries that use 'squat style' toilets often provide paper for visitors, well at least the ones I have visited.

And on the same subject, toilet paper in flat packs is becoming increasingly hard to find.

Apropos 'houshold' chemicals, well many are now getting more diffficult to buy, either due to H&S concerns (i.e. they may be carcinogenic, corrosive or poisonous) or because they can be used to make explosives.

And as for mercury batteries, or tin/lead solder ........

Hard Izal certainly toughens you up :eek: grew up on it mate :D. No wonder ive got piles :ner:

Ian7633
12-05-2017, 16:09
I was told as a kid you only need one sheet of Izal to do the job. You fold the sheet twice, tear off the folded corner, unfold and poke your finger through the hole and wipe then use the torn off corner to clean under your finger nail.

Sherwood
12-05-2017, 16:17
I was told as a kid you only need one sheet of Izal to do the job. You fold the sheet twice, tear off the folded corner, unfold and poke your finger through the hole and wipe then use the torn off corner to clean under your finger nail.

Too much information

:eyebrows:

OUR MART
12-05-2017, 16:22
Anyone remember Segs? (Not Sex) :)
These were popular with "Skinheads" in the early seventies
When not wearing there Doc Mart's they would most likely be wearing a pair of Brogues or Loafers complete with loads of Segs on the leather soles & heels
Other items of dress included - Crombi Overcoat, Harrington Jacket, Skinners, Braces, Sheepskin coat , Oxford Bags , Birmingham Bags.Ben Sherman checked shirts.

http://www.smhc.co.uk/cust_images/object%20images%2052/Springers_segs.jpg

struth
12-05-2017, 16:24
All my shoes had them in ... gotta have segs my mum said... why i asked? shoes last longer and you cant sneak up on me

Puffin
12-05-2017, 16:59
I had "Blakeys" on the heels of my Ivy Smooths, lovely Cordovan leather. Cost me £8 for the pair in about 1970 (Ivy shop - Richmond), it was a weeks wages (summer holiday job) at Arding & Hobbs in Battersea (now Debenhams) great times - great memories. There was a shop in Clapham Junction station approach just opp A&H where you got your Crombie, Levi Stay-Prest, Ben Sherman button downs and Brutus shirts. Just up Lavender Hill was where you got your Doc Martins. I wish I still had the pictures of me at 15!

Sherwood
12-05-2017, 17:12
On the clothing front I still miss my two-tone french seam trousers and round collar Arnold Palmer shirts.

Do not miss the Crimplene blue suit bought for me when I was eight!

Geoff

Puffin
12-05-2017, 17:29
Oh yea, forgot about my Two Tone Tonic Suit.

walpurgis
12-05-2017, 17:31
Oh yea, forgot about my Two Tone Tonic Suit.

Had a couple of them. Cost me a bomb. Hand tailored at Arthur Gardener in South Harrow.

walpurgis
13-05-2017, 13:53
Seems you can't get a decent bar of Caramac any more. I bought a pack of bars the other day and was very disappointed. They are no longer that proper shade of medium yellow/brown and are now pale and insipid looking compared to how they were and the nice caramel tang is virtually missing. It's just a nondescript sugary taste. I won't be buying them again. Yet another product adulterated by penny pinching.

struth
13-05-2017, 13:56
Seems you can't get a decent bar of Caramac any more. I bought a pack of bars the other day and was very disappointed. They are no longer that proper shade of medium yellow/brown and are now pale and insipid looking compared to how they were and the nice caramel tang is virtually missing. It's just a nondescript sugary taste. I won't be buying them again. Yet another product adulterated by penny pinching.

Last bar i had wasnt up to much. It was ok but as you say didnt have the rich flavour.

Macca
13-05-2017, 13:58
Caramac was always disgusting. Nearly as bad as Milky Bar.

Barry
13-05-2017, 14:09
Last bar i had wasnt up to much. It was ok but as you say didnt have the rich flavour.

Who makes Caramac? If it is Cadbury, then with the take over by Kraft (or whoever it is), quality has fallen.

(One good thing being part of the EU brought about was the very high standards imposed on food quality. Standards are far lower in the US.)

struth
13-05-2017, 14:12
Its owned by nestle... was a private company although forgot name...Scottish name. Probably the reason

Barry
13-05-2017, 14:18
Its owned by nestle... was a private company although forgot name...Scottish name. Probably the reason

Nestlé are an awful firm with dodgy business practices. I boycott all Nestlé products.

Macca
13-05-2017, 14:22

Mackintosh. Yorkshire firm. They'll eat anything there.

struth
13-05-2017, 14:28
Ah yes... i liked caramac. Not too often but nice now and then. Not now though

Ian7633
13-05-2017, 14:37
I suffered the Caramac disappointment too. I would describe it as sugary earwax.

Sherwood
13-05-2017, 15:16
Nestlé are an awful firm with dodgy business practices. I boycott all Nestlé products.

Absolutely correct: they are a vile outfit directly responsible for the death of large numbers of infants in the developing world through their aggressive marketing of baby formula to poor mothers. When mothers use baby formula rather than breast feed their babies they expose them to the risks of infection due the fact that they cannot maintain the sterility of the feeding process. There are other factors involved, of course, and further details can be found here: http://www.babymilkaction.org/nestlefree#overview

Problem is that it is easy to unwittingly buy Nestle products. This site helps those wishing to avoid buying Nestle know which products to avoid: http://www.nestle.co.uk/brands

Geoff

struth
13-05-2017, 15:47
Only thing i get that is theirs tmk is maggi seasoning. Me stopping buying it wont alter anything imv

Barry
13-05-2017, 15:50
Only thing i get that is theirs tmk is maggi seasoning. Me stopping buying it wont alter anything imv

Nor me, save my conscience.

hifi_dave
13-05-2017, 16:29
May I add matches to the list ?

I have just wasted 30 or so matches, attempting to light a piece of paper to start a bonfire. The match heads flare up for just a second or so and go out before the wooden part of the match catches fire. This is the second box I have used, with this fault. I have a box of 'large' matches, which I will try next time.

Is it some EU safety legislation, that we can't have matches with decent heads ? Too dangerous because they might catch fire ?

Sherwood
13-05-2017, 16:35
Nor me, save my conscience.

One vote doesn't count for anything in an election! It is the sum of individual votes that counts! We can each contribute to the sum.

Geoff

hifinutt
13-05-2017, 17:39
Absolutely correct: they are a vile outfit directly responsible for the death of large numbers of infants in the developing world through their aggressive marketing of baby formula to poor mothers. When mothers use baby formula rather than breast feed their babies they expose them to the risks of infection due the fact that they cannot maintain the sterility of the feeding process. There are other factors involved, of course, and further details can be found here: http://www.babymilkaction.org/nestlefree#overview

Problem is that it is easy to unwittingly buy Nestle products. This site helps those wishing to avoid buying Nestle know which products to avoid: http://www.nestle.co.uk/brands

Geoff

gosh never knew any of that about nestle . we love their coffee

Barry
13-05-2017, 17:44
Drink another brand. :D

Sherwood
13-05-2017, 17:47
gosh never knew any of that about nestle . we love their coffee

I don't drink instant coffee very often but there are plenty of ethical brands that taste better and don't leave a nasty "aftertaste"!
:)

struth
13-05-2017, 17:48
dont drink instant period. I grind my own :eyebrows:

OUR MART
13-05-2017, 20:06
I had "Blakeys" on the heels of my Ivy Smooths, lovely Cordovan leather. Cost me £8 for the pair in about 1970 (Ivy shop - Richmond), it was a weeks wages (summer holiday job) at Arding & Hobbs in Battersea (now Debenhams) great times - great memories. There was a shop in Clapham Junction station approach just opp A&H where you got your Crombie, Levi Stay-Prest, Ben Sherman button downs and Brutus shirts. Just up Lavender Hill was where you got your Doc Martins. I wish I still had the pictures of me at 15!

Loved the Levi Stay - Prest
Especialy the two tone versions
Also the "Shrink to fit" Levi Jeans that you had to put on then lay in a hot bath for a while untill they were a perfect fit!!!!! :)

Never had Camera's back then so no pictures to post :o:o

southall-1998
13-05-2017, 20:40

You filthy minded old age pensioner :D

S.

Spectral Morn
13-05-2017, 20:49

Sure that's what blades of grass are for :lol:

Macca
13-05-2017, 20:51
Double chocolate Twix. Why they have to stop making that?

Tobacco in tins.

Doll Noodles

Sherwood
13-05-2017, 20:59
sherbet pips?

Sherwood
13-05-2017, 20:59
cough candy?

walpurgis
13-05-2017, 21:00
Double chocolate Twix. Why they have to stop making that?

Nice, but I'd sooner have a Tunnocks Caramel Wafer! Yum. :D

(by the way, LIDL chocolate caramel biscuits are identical to Twix as far as I can tell and pretty cheap too)

walpurgis
13-05-2017, 21:01
Jamboree Bags!

Macca
13-05-2017, 21:15
Nice, but I'd sooner have a Tunnocks Caramel Wafer! Yum. :D

(by the way, LIDL chocolate caramel biscuits are identical to Twix as far as I can tell and pretty cheap too)

Yeah I know LIDL is good for chocolate but the one by me is really weird. It is the only one I've ever been in so maybe they are all like that, I don't know. It is like wandering into some strange, alternate reality. Like 2017 as it would have been if the Germans had won the War.

stairpost
13-05-2017, 21:19
I used to think it was a real treat to get a chocolate bar out of the vending machines on train station platforms when I was a kid, it was the only way to get nestle crunch bars back then.

walpurgis
13-05-2017, 21:20
This thread seems to be turning into a parallel of one I started a year or so ago :)! http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?43963-Are-You-Knocking-On-a-Bit&highlight=knocking+bit%3F

Macca
13-05-2017, 21:21
I still do that. It's a quid a go now!

walpurgis
13-05-2017, 21:24
I used to think it was a real treat to get a chocolate bar out of the vending machines on train station platforms when I was a kid, it was the only way to get nestle crunch bars back then.

It wasn't unheard of for mischievous kids to drop a dog turd into the drawer after buying a bar and closing it. :lol:

southall-1998
13-05-2017, 21:32
Slightly miss the Tizer drink (1990's version) The logo was ace at the time. Full of character!

S.

Sherwood
13-05-2017, 23:08
Who remembers Cresta? It was frothy man! Was also disgusting with chemical taste!

:spew:

walpurgis
13-05-2017, 23:10
Who remembers Cresta? It was frothy man! Was also disgusting with chemical taste!

Like blue raspberry drinks and sweets!

julesd68
13-05-2017, 23:36

Cresta was horrific. I seem to remember TaB was pretty grim stuff too...

Audio Al
14-05-2017, 07:14
Sprite is crap = tastless lemonade :doh:

Marco
14-05-2017, 07:22
Yeah I know LIDL is good for chocolate but the one by me is really weird. It is the only one I've ever been in so maybe they are all like that, I don't know. It is like wandering into some strange, alternate reality. Like 2017 as it would have been if the Germans had won the War.

Never mind Lidl, that's Stoke! :D

Marco.

Marco
14-05-2017, 07:31

Nonsense.... Grab a few dock leaves and yer sorted! :eyebrows:

Marco.

struth
14-05-2017, 07:42
Nonsense.... Grab a few dock leaves and yer sorted! :eyebrows:

Marco.

dodgy if you grab a nettle

Marco
14-05-2017, 07:47
Yesh, but that's all part of the fun! :D

Marco.

Jimbo
14-05-2017, 07:59
Jubilees-Pyramid shaped blocks of fruit ice that were impossible to open or eat!

Jubilees mean something a little different to me now.:D

struth
14-05-2017, 08:10
Cornish mivie ice cream lolly was my fav although they were too expensive

marf53
14-05-2017, 09:44
You can blame Nestle for buying all the English confectionery and ruining every one of them with rubbish chocolate

Macca
14-05-2017, 09:46
You can blame Nestle for buying all the English confectionery and ruining every one of them with rubbish chocolate

agree, a crime against humanity

Marco
14-05-2017, 10:03
Cornish mivie ice cream lolly was my fav although they were too expensive

Yeah, they were totally awesome! :)

Marco.

Sherwood
14-05-2017, 10:36
What I really miss was a local product: the homemade Italian ice cream from the Regent Ice Cream Parlour. It was in Edgware Road, London just across the road from Smiths electronics store. Used real flavours, my favourites were the coffee, pistachio, and lemon. The owners were great guys. Used to give samples by breaking off the bottoms of cones (about 1 inch) so it looked like a mini ice cream. About the only thing I miss from London.

Geoff

struth
14-05-2017, 12:30
proper Aberdeen butteries is another big miss. Murdochs in Aberdeen made the best.

Marco
14-05-2017, 16:42
What I really miss was a local product: the homemade Italian ice cream from the Regent Ice Cream Parlour. It was in Edgware Road, London just across the road from Smiths electronics store. Used real flavours, my favourites were the coffee, pistachio, and lemon. The owners were great guys. Used to give samples by breaking off the bottoms of cones (about 1 inch) so it looked like a mini ice cream. About the only thing I miss from London.

Know what you mean, Geoff, as I'm also a major ice-cream lover! However, you'll still get places like that in any areas where there is a sizeable Italian community, usually as part of a traditional cafe. It's one of the things I miss about living in Glasgow, as such places are somewhat thin in the ground round here.

The nicest one I know of in Scotland is Nardini's, in the little Ayrshire town of Largs, which we always try and visit when we go up there: http://www.nardinis.co.uk/

The lovely Art Deco design is simply a bonus! :cool:

On the subject of ice-cream, and stuff you can no longer get anymore, what about ice-cream vans that used to sell PROPER ice-cream, i.e. the stuff you can 'ball' onto a cone, rather than that curly soft 'Mr Whippy' shite?

That's never seen any real milk or double cream in its life, essential for making REAL ice cream!! Also, that 'soft scoop' pish, sold in supermarkets, which is also a phoney... Everything for bloody convenience these days, as QUALITY (the most important thing) goes out of the window :rolleyes:

Thankfully, you can still find some proper ice-cream, such as Mackie's (of Scotland), and also our favourite, from here in Wales: http://www.joes-icecream.com/

Marco.

struth
14-05-2017, 16:52
Used to make my own which was damn good. Gave my machine to daughter years ago. Its probably trash now lol. Didnt see point just for myself

Marco
14-05-2017, 16:58
proper Aberdeen butteries is another big miss. Murdochs in Aberdeen made the best.

Que? Never heard of them.... Wot they be, then? :)

Marco.

Marco
14-05-2017, 17:02
Used to make my own which was damn good. Gave my machine to daughter years ago. Its probably trash now lol. Didnt see point just for myself

If you've got a Sainsburys near you, next time you're there, try some Joes vanilla - it really is top notch and has that flavour of 'the old days', which most ice-cream simply doesn't have now.

For me, one of the main things to have adversely affected the taste of vanilla ice-cream (and milk ices) is when the law came in years ago to prevent the use of unpasteurised milk. It's never been quite the same since!

Marco.

struth
14-05-2017, 17:03
Que? Never heard of them.... Wot they be, then? :)

Marco.

http://www.jg-ross.co.uk/images/slide3-4003.jpg?

tis a savoury bread roll from up east coast. quite high claorie tbh but taste great. you can make them but are a fair bit of work. you can get them in the supermarkets but they are not as good as the real thing. freeze well too

Marco
14-05-2017, 17:07
Ah, looks interesting... I wondered if they were similar to Forfar bridies, but no... Remember that I'm a Glasgow boy, so most of these east coast 'concoctions' are alien to me ;)

Marco.

Sherwood
14-05-2017, 17:11
Know what you mean, Geoff, as I'm also a major ice-cream lover! However, you'll still get places like that in any areas where there is a sizeable Italian community, usually as part of a traditional cafe. It's one of the things I miss about living in Glasgow, as such places are somewhat thin in the ground round here.

The nicest one I know of in Scotland is Nardini's, in the little Ayrshire town of Largs, which we always try and visit when we go up there: http://www.nardinis.co.uk/

The lovely Art Deco design is simply a bonus! :cool:

On the subject of ice-cream, and stuff you can no longer get anymore, what about ice-cream vans that used to sell PROPER ice-cream, i.e. the stuff you can 'ball' onto a cone, rather than that curly soft 'Mr Whippy' shite?

That's never seen any real milk or double cream in its life, essential for making REAL ice cream!! Also, that 'soft scoop' pish, sold in supermarkets, which is also a phoney... Everything for bloody convenience these days, as QUALITY (the most important thing) goes out of the window :rolleyes:

Thankfully, you can still find some proper ice-cream, such as Mackie's (of Scotland), and also our favourite, from here in Wales: http://www.joes-icecream.com/

Marco.

I can't stand how sweet and "chemical" tasting most modern ice cream is. I usually make my own concoction with frozen fruit and fresh yoghurt in a high speed blender. Typically, I don't add any sweetener but if it is not sweet enough for others then a few dollops of honey goes in. For an extra edge, a couple of measures of a quality liqueur. A particular favourite uses frozen bananas, cocoa powder a dash of rum, and a dash of a coffee liqueur. Great with a gooseberry crumble!

:drool:

struth
14-05-2017, 17:35
Ah, looks interesting... I wondered if they were similar to Forfar bridies, but no... Remember that I'm a Glasgow boy, so most of these east coast 'concoctions' are alien to me ;)

Marco.

yes a sort of layered roll made from a lot of butter etc. I like them warm with added...em butter lol but nice with jam too

Marco
14-05-2017, 17:35
Nice one, Geoff. Sounds good! :)

Do you remember when ice-cream vans used to sell proper ice-cream, instead of that horrid 'Mr Whippy' stuff? No idea why they stopped selling it and moved over to that cack!

The other thing is, I like my ice-cream on the hard side (so that it still has some 'texture') and you can scoop it up into nice round balls. I hate eating it when its too sloppy and melted, which is why I detest that 'soft scoop' pish, because it never properly freezes!! :rolleyes:

Marco.

Marco
14-05-2017, 17:36
yes a sort of layered roll made from a lot of butter etc. I like them warm with added...em butter lol but nice with jam too

Kind of like a Scottish croissant? :)

Marco.

struth
14-05-2017, 17:37
yes thats the idea, although less air in it.. when cold they double up as discus ;)

Sherwood
14-05-2017, 17:51
Nice one, Geoff. Sounds good! :)

Do you remember when ice-cream vans used to sell proper ice-cream, instead of that horrid 'Mr Whippy' stuff? No idea why they stopped selling it and moved over to that cack!

The other thing is, I like my ice-cream on the hard side, and hate it when its too sloppy and melted, which is why I detest that 'soft scoop' pish, because it never goes hard!! :rolleyes:

Marco.

I think so much modern food doesn't taste of anything. Having lived in a number of developing countries it still comes as a surprise how much more flavour the food has there. When I went to work in Namibia nearly 20 years ago I had been a (fish eating) "vegetarian" for about 20 years. The reason I did not eat meat during that time was because I disliked how it was produced and did not think it tasted that good. It is very difficult to be a veggie in Namibia which is a strong meat eating culture. However, I was less troubled about eating meat there because it was produced naturally and actually tasted of something. Pork tasted of, well, "pig". It reminded me of my childhood summers spent with my family in Ireland and the amazing food sold by the pork butchers. In Bangladesh, I couldn't believe how good the scrawny little chickens tasted compared to the bloated chemical ridden diseased creatures that pass for food here. Even eggs tasted better with huge golden yolks that stood high.

Although I am no longer a "veggie" I eat very little meat these days and avoid anything processed because I know how bad it is. Unfortunately, these problems are now affecting fish. What sort of species are we that pollute our oceans and make dangerous the food we eat?

struth
14-05-2017, 17:58
What sort of species are we that pollute our oceans and make dangerous the food we eat?

a greedy and unethical one..........or at least controlled by the former

spendorman
14-05-2017, 18:03
One of the best icecreams that I had was here:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g503795-d2369497-Reviews-Rossi_s_Parlour-Westcliff_on_Sea_Southend_on_Sea_Essex_England.htm l

Everything else was pretty good there too, unfortunately, last time I was there was about 30 years ago.

struth
14-05-2017, 18:38
Up Aberdeen we had Biccocies Holburn ices Holburn st. marvellous Knickerbocker glorys. about 2ft tall lol.

Yomanze
15-05-2017, 16:02
I'm disappointed that you can't find radium tonics and cosmetics anymore I loved that glowing look.

walpurgis
16-05-2017, 22:49
Flint axes

Sherwood
16-05-2017, 22:53
if we are being silly: dodo omelettes!

:drool:

Ian7633
16-05-2017, 23:23
Satisfaction

struth
16-05-2017, 23:40
Aztec Bars.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/SzozRvB7bX4/hqdefault.jpg

Liked them

Firebottle
17-05-2017, 06:05
The original 'Stairway to Heaven' ale :cool:

Sherwood
17-05-2017, 07:42
Watneys Party 7
:cool::spew:

LC1979
17-05-2017, 09:37
Flint axes

A lot of you really showing your age on this thread :)

Back on topic... Decent mothballs.

Bloody EU, who do they think they are banning highly carcinogenic household products. They're not even elected, or nuffink.

Levi's shrink to fit, mentioned earlier, can still be bought from the States, via somewhere like eBay for not much money. Just be sure to get the sizing right as they do shrink quite a lot (Durr!).

struth
17-05-2017, 09:42
A good football team at Ibrox :doh: bloody eu i bet :eyebrows:

Barry
17-05-2017, 13:16
Watneys Party 7

Anything by Watneys! :spew:

StanleyB
17-05-2017, 13:34
Durban Poison is one thing that have missed seeing for several decades now.

spendorman
17-05-2017, 13:40
Watneys Party 7

Last time I tasted that was about 1971, Sheffield University, mad party in a hall of residence.

Sherwood
17-05-2017, 13:48
Last time I tasted that was about 1971, Sheffield University, mad party in a hall of residence.

No ring pull on this baby. It was in with the spike!

spendorman
17-05-2017, 13:52
No ring pull on this baby. It was in with the spike!

Someone shook it, opened it in several places with a pointed opener, one can imagine what happened!

Sherwood
17-05-2017, 14:00
Exactly,

even without shaking it it was impossible to pour without spilling or creating a giant head on the beer. Probably just as well as it was fizzy swill!

Geoff

Marco
17-05-2017, 14:17
1) Women who knew how to cook, because they'd been brought up in an established food culture by their parents and grandparents.

2) Women who dressed like women, and behaved femininely (before 'ladettes' existed).

3) Shops that weren't open 24/7, 365 because the folk who owned/managed them had a life.

4) Shoppers who had a life themselves, and so didn't automatically expect shops to be open 24/7, 365.

5) When cars didn't all look the same.

6) When people were less stressed and had more time to themselves.

7) When people were happier with simpler lives and less material possessions.

8) When technology didn't fundamentally control how people lived.

9) When summers had extended periods of sunshine and warmth.

10) When kids left school knowing how to count and spell proficiently, and understood the meaning of civility and good manners - and most importantly then instilled those values in their children.

Let's hear your 10! :)

Marco.

walpurgis
17-05-2017, 14:41
Dunno about a list, but my daughter can cook. Mind you, she's a professional caterer :). There again, the grand kids prefer my cooking :D.

struth
17-05-2017, 14:49
My daughter is a good cook too. Shes also feminine and dresses well. Lol

Arkless Electronics
17-05-2017, 14:57
Durban Poison is one thing that have missed seeing for several decades now.

Still available in USA apparently and plenty of other equally good varieties available everywhere...

Arkless Electronics
17-05-2017, 14:59
1) Women who knew how to cook, because they'd been brought up in an established food culture by their parents and grandparents.

2) Women who dressed like women, and behaved femininely (before 'ladettes' existed).

3) Shops that weren't open 24/7, 365 because the folk who owned/managed them had a life.

4) Shoppers who had a life themselves, and so didn't automatically expect shops to be open 24/7, 365.

5) When cars didn't all look the same.

6) When people were less stressed and had more time to themselves.

7) When people were happier with simpler lives and less material possessions.

8) When technology didn't fundamentally control how people lived.

9) When summers had extended periods of sunshine and warmth.

10) When kids left school knowing how to count and spell proficiently, and understood the meaning of civility and good manners.

Let's hear your 10! :)

Marco.

5, 6, 7, and 8 spot on.

Marco
17-05-2017, 16:02
My daughter is a good cook too. Shes also feminine and dresses well. Lol

Shows then that some still exist. which is good! :)

When you see some of 'specimens' these days that supposedly pass as 'women', God help us! In some ways, you're more feminine...:D

Marco.

Marco
17-05-2017, 16:04
5, 6, 7, and 8 spot on.

Cheers! So the rest isn't? ;)

It's all accurate!

Marco.

struth
17-05-2017, 16:05
Shows then that some still exist. which is good! :)

When you see some of 'specimens' these days that supposedly pass as 'women', God help us! In some ways, you're more feminine...:D

Marco.

Bar the hairy back;)

Arkless Electronics
17-05-2017, 16:09
Cheers! So the rest isn't? ;)

Marco.

The rest not particularly important to me personally... I'm more concerned with a women's skill and enthusiasm in the bedroom than in the kitchen :eyebrows: And I'm a fairly handy cook myself if she's THAT bad in the kitchen!

Marco
17-05-2017, 16:12
Lol - you *can* have the best of both worlds!

What about 10), or don't you care about the future, and us breeding a nation of morons? ;)

Marco.

struth
17-05-2017, 16:13
thats the least important. a genuine loving, caring personality is the main req

Marco
17-05-2017, 16:27
I would agree, but it's also fairly important that folk can count and spell, which it's increasingly obvious they can't..... :rolleyes:

Marco.

Arkless Electronics
17-05-2017, 16:51
Lol - you *can* have the best of both worlds!

What about 10), or don't you care about the future, and us breeding a nation of morons? ;)

Marco.

I try to have as little as possible to do with kids! Couldn't eat a whole one etc!

Marco
17-05-2017, 17:04
Lol... Trouble is, today's kids are tomorrow's adults! ;)

Marco.

Macca
17-05-2017, 17:06
Ladettes were around in the 1920s. Folk complained then too.

Most women make more of an effort now than they did 30 years ago. Maybe that is not such a good thing. Never been out with a women who placed much importance on appearance. Shallow women get boring very quickly no matter how good-looking they are.

Social trends come and go then come around again. Like those stretch jeans, massive trend in the late '80s, back again now.

Macca
17-05-2017, 17:11
Still available in USA apparently and plenty of other equally good varieties available everywhere...

Sort us some proper Afghan Black or Lebanese Red then. ;)

Marco
17-05-2017, 17:20
Ladettes were around in the 1920s.

Evidence please (in the form of pictures) of foul-mouthed, beer-swilling, tracksuit wearing, tattooed, 'orange tanned' women from 1920.

Most women make more of an effort now than they did 30 years ago.

Lol - you're having a larf... And presumably you're judging this from observing those parading around Stoke...? ;)

In the 80s, in particular, with all the 'power-dressing' occurring during the Thatcher era, women definitely dressed more femininely (and by that I mean wearing dresses, skirts and heeled shoes) than is often seen now, where many are happy to slob about in baggy leggings and trainers, some also with very short hair, so you'd be hard pressed to know if it's a man or a woman.

Never been out with a women who placed much importance on appearance. Shallow women get boring very quickly no matter how good-looking they are.

I'm not talking about 'high-maintenance dollies', whose shallow lives revolve around preening themselves, but just women who take a pride in their appearance, wash daily(!) and in some way embrace their femininity.

As for trends, well I've always admired women who shun them and create their own unique style, than merely follow fashions like sheep. Especially the idiots who wear clothes that may well be 'trendy', but that they look bloody ridiculous in!! :lol::mental:

Marco.

Macca
17-05-2017, 17:49
Evidence please (in the form of pictures) of foul-mouthed, beer-swilling, tracksuit wearing, tattooed, 'orange tanned' women from 1920.

Lol - you're having a larf... And presumably you're judging this from observing those parading around Stoke...? ;)

In the 80s, in particular, with all the 'power-dressing' occurring during the Thatcher era, women definitely dressed more femininely (and by that I mean wearing dresses, skirts and heeled shoes) than is often seen now, where many are happy to slob about in baggy leggings and trainers, some also with very short hair, so you'd be hard pressed to know if it's a man or a woman.

I'm not talking about 'high-maintenance dollies', whose shallow lives revolve around preening themselves, but just women who take a pride in their appearance, wash daily(!) and in some way embrace their femininity.

As for trends, well I've always admired women who shun them and create their own unique style, than merely follow fashions like sheep. Especially the idiots who wear clothes that may well be 'trendy', but that they look bloody ridiculous in!! :lol::mental:

Marco.

In the 20s they just dressed like the men of the day instead of wearing dresses. Trackies were not invented so they couldn't wear them but they would have done if they were.

80s female fashion was some of the worst, got better as the decade went on but check out an episode of Top Of The Pops from the early 'eighties to see what lows were plumbed in mainstream female clothing.

danilo
17-05-2017, 18:09
Most women make more of an effort now than they did 30 years ago. Maybe that is not such a good thing. Never been out with a women who placed much importance on appearance.
Shallow women get boring very quickly no matter how good-looking they are.

Oooooh... that's telling.
Appearance and intellect are rarely mutually exclusive.
Quite the contrary IMO.
Wimmen (men too ;) who ..Choose.. to minimise their appearance aspect are either of questionable intellect or of delusional self importance.
Certainly that's the base impression conveyed.
Appearance is an essential aspect of modern existence. Like it or not.

Sherwood
17-05-2017, 18:14
Sorry,

all these references to "they" in the discussion about "ladettes" and what females should be.

Is this some neanderthal knuckle dragging chauvinistic club? I have noticed this tendency before in some postings and I am not comfortable with it.

If it is, please let me know and I am happy to bow out!

Geoff

Macca
17-05-2017, 18:24
Sorry,

all these references to "they" in the discussion about "ladettes" and what females should be.

Is this some neanderthal knuckle dragging chauvinistic club? I have noticed this tendency before in some postings and I am not comfortable with it.

If it is, please let me know and I am happy to bow out!

Geoff

No, you have totally got the wrong end of the stick there I think.

walpurgis
17-05-2017, 18:26
Wimmen (men too ;) who ..Choose.. to minimise their appearance aspect are either of questionable intellect or of delusional self importance.

Where did you get that one from?

Marco
17-05-2017, 18:27
In the 20s they just dressed like the men of the day instead of wearing dresses

Lol, with respect, that's complete pish! I could cite so many examples that show you're wrong, but the best would be to illustrate that the 20s was the heyday of 'flappers', and so women often looked like this (extremely feminine):

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/923/qdsnFo.jpg

...a far cry from anything a heterosexual man of that period would wear, and a MILLION miles from what 'ladettes' today look like! ;)

80s female fashion was some of the worst, got better as the decade went on but check out an episode of Top Of The Pops from the early 'eighties to see what lows were plumbed in mainstream female clothing.

I didn't say I liked it, but at least women then looked like women.

Marco.

Marco
17-05-2017, 18:31
No, you have totally got the wrong end of the stick there I think.

Indeed. It's a light-hearted look/critique of aspects of different societies, not in any way meant as chauvinistic, which is the LAST thing I am, I can assure you, but we all have our preferences!

Bev, or any other registered woman here, in that respect, is perfectly entitled (indeed I'd welcome it) to critique men, in a similar way, who I agree in many cases deserve it every bit as much!! :D

Marco.

Macca
17-05-2017, 18:31
Lol, with respect, that's complete pish! I could cite so many examples that show you're wrong, but the best would be to illustrate that the 20s was the heyday of 'flappers', and so women often looked like this (extremely feminine):

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/923/qdsnFo.jpg

...a far cry from anything a heterosexual man would wear, and a MILLION miles from what 'ladettes' today look like! ;)

I didn't say I liked it, but at least women then looked like women.

Marco.

I never said all women dressed like men in the 20s! Some did. It was about feminism and equality and breaking social taboos.

The Black Adder
17-05-2017, 18:33
+1 Let's reference females properly. Also, some women of the 20's were strong in society and wanted to dress in a male orientated way to rebel against masculine rule to which I fully support. Women wanted to be seen on a level ground with men both in standing and strength and in showing their sexuality, opposing and rebelling against Victorian values.

It was power dressing. The same has happened in every decade since especially the 80s. To look more masculine is to show strength, to show a failing equality in a male orientated society that women can do just as well as men in every way.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk

Marco
17-05-2017, 18:45
I never said all women dressed like men in the 20s!

I beg to differ:

In the 20s they just dressed like the men of the day instead of wearing dresses.

Case closed! :ner:

Hint: this is one of those occasions, just like we had before with graphic equalisers, to hold your hands up and admit you're wrong (or at the very least, didn't explain yourself properly) ;)

Marco.

Marco
17-05-2017, 18:47
Also, some women of the 20's were strong in society and wanted to dress in a male orientated way to rebel against masculine rule to which I fully support. Women wanted to be seen on a level ground with men both in standing and strength and in showing their sexuality, opposing and rebelling against Victorian values.

It was power dressing. The same has happened in every decade since especially the 80s. To look more masculine is to show strength, to show a failing equality in a male orientated society that women can do just as well as men in every way.

I fully support the sentiments behind that, Jo, and would've wished them the best of luck, had I been there, but I still like women to look (and more importantly BEHAVE) like women, sorry. And by that I mean ladylike, well-spoken and with good manners. That's just how I am :)

You can still be a strong, confident, rebellious and successful woman, whilst being well-mannered and ladylike!

Marco.

Arkless Electronics
17-05-2017, 19:30
Sort us some proper Afghan Black or Lebanese Red then. ;)

The Afghan not impossible but haven't seen any red Leb for 25 years.... I rememberer it as OMG and FFS!

Barry
17-05-2017, 19:37
The Afghan not impossible but haven't seen any red Leb for 25 years.... I rememberer it as OMG and FFS!

Red Leb was pretty good, but my favourite was what we called 'Pakkie Black'. For real headbanger, hippy-trippy stuff there was always Nepalese Blue.

Actually, my all time favourite was good old-fashioned "grass". Stank the place out, but was the nicest of highs.

walpurgis
17-05-2017, 19:42
Bit of Lambs Bread or Temple Ball wouldn't go amiss. Or what about Thai Stick?

Did the whole thing a lifetime ago!

struth
17-05-2017, 19:42
aught to be ashamed of yourselves;)

walpurgis
17-05-2017, 19:43
aught to be ashamed of yourselves;)

Spliff 'n chill man. :D

Arkless Electronics
17-05-2017, 19:58
Red Leb was pretty good, but my favourite was what we called 'Pakkie Black'. For real headbanger, hippy-trippy stuff there was always Nepalese Blue.

Actually, my all time favourite was good old-fashioned "grass". Stank the place out, but was the nicest of highs.

Probably Chitral Black you're thinking of there;)

Barry
17-05-2017, 20:04
Probably Chitral Black you're thinking of there;)

Yes - that would be it: https://www.seedsman.com/en/pakistan-chitral-kush-regular-seeds

walpurgis
18-06-2017, 14:20
Just been reading on the net that the last universally obtainable effective weedkiller 'glyphosate' is possibly going to be banned soon.

Note that this article is a year old: https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jun/29/controversial-chemical-roundup-weedkiller-escapes-immediate-ban

I'm not aware of other equally useful or effective weedkillers. How the hell do you eradicate weed growth without it. Dig them all out?

I don't use Glyphosate all that often or in large quantities, but it can be the most effective weed control, so I'll be stocking up.

spendorman
18-06-2017, 15:06
I have used it for quite a few years, last few years this make was between £25 to £29 for a 5 litre can, price seems to have rocketed.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-LT-LITRE-CLINIC-ACE-GLYPHOSATE-VERY-STRONG-PROFESSIONAL-WEED-KILLER-FREE-POST-/131007315936

The replacement for this one is around the £25 -£29 mark for 5 Litres.

struth
18-06-2017, 15:34
Bro gets it and others in bulk for the small holding. that may now be up in the air of course, although he is a bit better and can drive short distances

walpurgis
20-07-2017, 09:06
I have now stocked up on Glyphosate weedkiller and caustic soda, in view of the likely impending ban on sales. I have a good stock of cellulose thinners now too, just in case. I have maybe enough of the foregoing to last another ten years.

What the heck will people do if they need to do weed clearing? Glyphosate is really the only effective weedkiller left.

I envisage oil based creosote substitutes like 'Creocote' being banned too. The water based wood treatments are pretty useless and more for appearance than preservative use.

In case anybody is interested. Tesco are having an end of season clearance of their stock of own brand Glyphosate weedkiller now at £1 a pack. It was £4. Worth grabbing some. As I have.

Oddball
20-07-2017, 14:36
Vapona Strips .
Bloody marvellous things although now we rely on one of those UV tube zappers !
Nought like the smell of burnt bluebottle in the morning!!:D

Glcophophate is still an odd one - I am reasonably sure they wont ban it , but who knows!!
As a farmer we use it very occasionally to destroy old leys (pastures) and great for keeping the yard tidy!! It kills the docks that have roots like samll parsnips and the old weed grasses too. Not sure things would be very managable without it , but its not always been there -only since the late 70's as I recall!

struth
20-07-2017, 15:25
still get vapona stuff. not sure if they do the hanging strips but you still get them. my bro gets Glcophophate for his small holding so i can get some from him

walpurgis
20-07-2017, 15:41
Glcophophate is still an odd one - I am reasonably sure they wont ban it , but who knows!!

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/06/why-europe-may-ban-most-popular-weed-killer-world

And this article is over a year old! A ban is likely imminent. Stock up.

Len Co
23-07-2017, 16:20
Sorry, I'm not heavily into weed killers (though I can see the attraction) so can't add anything to that discussion. What I miss these days is being able to go into someone else's home - not anyone's of course, I mean a family/friend or suchlike - and simply switch the TV on. In the old days you just had to find the little knob on the side of the set and give it a twist. Nowadays you are confronted with at least three remote controls and any number of black boxes blinking at you, then you have to find the correct sequence of button pushing to get any sense out of them. I invariably fail. Mind you changing channel is a lot easier once you get a picture, just accidentally sit on any remote as opposed to gripping the BIG knob on the side of the set with both hands and using all your upper body strength to click it through half a dozen positions. Anyone remember the good ol' Philips 12 inch?

willbewill
23-07-2017, 20:28
Vapona Strips .
Bloody marvellous things although now we rely on one of those UV tube zappers !
Nought like the smell of burnt bluebottle in the morning!!:D

I use these now http://www.redtopflycatcher.co.uk/

Fascinating to watch in a macabre sort of way, just make sure it's far enough away from house as the bait pongs a bit.

Yomanze
24-07-2017, 15:59
You just can't get hold of decent laudanum these days. ;)

walpurgis
24-07-2017, 16:00

Take an aspirin! ;)

Len Co
25-07-2017, 12:04

In its absence try absinthe.

walpurgis
23-09-2017, 22:33
Painkillers. There is a distinct possibility that two of the most useful painkillers may be banned in the UK before too long. CoCodamol (paracetamol, enhanced with codeine) and Ibuprofen (a synthetic alternative to aspirin). Both are effective, but there has been negativity towards them recently, so their days as over the counter medications could be limited. It may be time to stock up soon. 'use by' dates mean little with these, they keep for a long time.

spendorman
24-09-2017, 07:28
I think I heard that Tramadol was also going to be restricted, my late Mum was prescribed Tramadol taken together with Paracetamol, as a strong pain killer. It seemed to work for her. Mum's GP was the same as mine, and when I had bad pain, she told me to take Mum's Tamadol / Paracetamol combination, it certainly worked. I still have a few left, which I reserve for bad days.

struth
24-09-2017, 07:38
I take tramadol. Better not stop it

spendorman
24-09-2017, 08:00
It's supposed to be addictive, just as well I haven't much here!

struth
24-09-2017, 08:08
Can't say Ive noticed that. If I wasn't in pain I'd not take them. I don't seem to notice bar lots of pain if I forget

spendorman
24-09-2017, 08:12
Do you take them with Paracetamol, as this, I understand increases the pain killing effect greatly?

struth
24-09-2017, 08:21
Do you take them with Paracetamol, as this, I understand increases the pain killing effect greatly?

yes, 2 and 2... plus an anti inflammatory, 3 times a day. its quite a lot but needed just to keep the worst of it away/

Marco
24-09-2017, 08:29
Luckily, I don't use many painkillers... I get the very odd headache (usually when I haven't eaten or drank enough), so take a couple of Paracetamols, and that's about it. I'm lucky if I go through half a packet in a year! :)

Marco.

struth
24-09-2017, 08:34
Luckily, I don't use many painkillers... I get the very odd headache (usually when I haven't eaten or drank enough), so take a couple of Paracetamols, and that's about it. I'm lucky if I go through half a packet in a year! :)

Marco.

Always said I would not use them but needs must now alas.

Len Co
28-09-2017, 21:18
Lol... Trouble is, today's kids are tomorrow's adults! ;)

Marco.

That kinda reminded me...... I often think that when I was growing up kids were always trying to behave and dress like their mums and dads, ( I'm going back a bit mind), whereas now all the silly mums and dads are doing their best to emulate stroppy teenagers in dress and behaviour..... You gotta get a childhood somehow I suppose

walpurgis
28-09-2017, 21:41
That kinda reminded me...... I often think that when I was growing up kids were always trying to behave and dress like their mums and dads, ( I'm going back a bit mind), whereas now all the silly mums and dads are doing their best to emulate stroppy teenagers in dress and behaviour..... You gotta get a childhood somehow I suppose

That reminds me. I know a bloke (my old work colleague Bob) who wears a tweed flat cap, brogues, plain trousers, a knitted waistcoat, plain shirt and tie and a tweed jacket. Now that may not look too bad on him these days, as he's pushing seventy (but slightly younger than me), but I've known him since he was in his twenties and he's always looked like his grand dad. When all the rest of us turned up looking like something from a rock festival :). I'm pretty sure his mum used to buy his clothes when he was young. Nice guy though. Known him over forty years. (I still dress like a bum though :lol:)

Len Co
12-10-2017, 17:00
Cars with proper handbrakes I.e. A big clunky metal handled job that you can grab hold of and give a good yank. My latest car just has a piddly little electronic switch, which is all the rage these days I'm told. Easy to forget to apply it, like I did once only to find the car had rolled away down the drive and crashed into the gatepost- that was lucky actually, if it had made it through the gate God only knows what might have happened. It detects when you are stopped facing upwards on a hill too and applies itself giving you a couple of seconds from releasing the footbrake before it disengages so that you can take off smoothly. This is also a pain to judge, I usually kangaroo-leap forward at high revs with the brake linings smoking or stall and roll backwards - so if you see me on a hill keep your distance, you have been warned!

Barry
12-10-2017, 18:29
Cars with a "start" button - what's that all about? I think you still need to fit and turn the key.

Apropos handbreaks, when I park my car in the garage, after switching off the engine I put it into gear and disengage the handbreak. That way I don't have problems with the brakes 'binding'. Of course I have to remember to put the gear into neutral before I start the engine. But I always check whenever I get into the car, regardless of where it is parked.

struth
12-10-2017, 20:32
Cars with a "start" button - what's that all about? I think you still need to fit and turn the key.

Apropos handbreaks, when I park my car in the garage, after switching off the engine I put it into gear and disengage the handbreak. That way the I don't have problems with the breaks 'binding'. Of course I have to remember to put the gear into neutral before I start the engine. But I always check whenever I get into the car, regardless of where it is parked.

i leave mine in 1st without brake on drive for that reason. its flat and wont go anywhere

Yomanze
13-10-2017, 17:41
It seems it is becoming a lot more difficult to find lighter fluid, which is what my Zippo drinks.