PDA

View Full Version : Hello, first post from aertex in Australia

aertex
03-05-2017, 13:05
Hi to all on AOS. I have been a very silent member (for no particular reason) for a while now, whilst reading some fine treads and posts. This is a great forum, a credit to all involved and I hope to be more active in it down the track

We all have a story and mine in audio goes back around 20 odd years now, although it seems like not that long ago....I am living in Australia on the west coast and have put together one or 2 systems by now always intent on moving onto something better-I'm sure that sounds very familiar to most of you here

Where the journey has taken me now is basically tubes, higher efficiency speakers/drivers (and particularly horns), digital with a growing dash of vinyl, and an even increasing appreciation for good quality silver cables (most recent fetish) and attainment of lively, refined, natural sound

Thats enough from me now. Thank you and we will meet again on these pages. Cheers,
Alan

martian sunrise
03-05-2017, 13:18
where in WA, alan?

walpurgis
03-05-2017, 21:11
Hi Alan. Welcome to AOS.

I can see you joined rather a while ago. Glad you're joining in now.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to chat with members about, there's a lot going on.

Your choice of equipment sounds interesting. How about some photos for our Gallery?

(by the way, can you please add your name and location to your profile....thanks)

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

aertex
06-05-2017, 14:00
Hi guys, sorry for slow response-to be honest I didnt really expect any interest!!!!!!

where in WA, alan?
I am in Bunbury, 160km south of Perth. Nice coastal town, but can be too quiet for me on the audio front

aertex
06-05-2017, 14:13
Hi Geoff, thanks for that. I have fixed the name and locaton bit. I am still trying to get familair with navigating around this forum. All audio forums are a little different to come to terms with. I am trying to respond to a "for sale" ad but cant figure out how to do so without posting on ad. I would prefer to pm or email but I cant work out how to

Yes i joined about 6-7yrs ago now but always looking and never posting, to date. I do plan to be more active here

I do have a lot of gear generally and although I have a system running now, it will slowly make way to a multi channel horn system. I will try and post what Iam listening to now.....but the arrangement of it is not pretty, I can tell you. the room is being moved around
etc, etc
all the best
Alan

martian sunrise
06-05-2017, 14:15
Hi guys, sorry for slow response-to be honest I didnt really expect any interest!!!!!!

I am in Bunbury, 160km south of Perth. Nice coastal town, but can be too quiet for me on the audio front

I grew up in fremantle. my folks moved to busselton a few weeks ago.

walpurgis
06-05-2017, 14:40
I am trying to respond to a "for sale" ad but cant figure out how to do so without posting on ad. I would prefer to pm or email but I cant work out how to

Alan

You need a few more posts for the PM facility to start working. Five in total I believe.

aertex
06-05-2017, 14:52
I grew up in fremantle. my folks moved to busselton a few weeks ago.

Freo (Dockers!) and Busso hey! Thats incredible. Well, you know where Bunbury is then, I'm sure. SE London is a far cry from sunny west coast OZ-what took you to UK? I have a niece form Sydney living and working in London somewhere-not sure where

aertex
06-05-2017, 14:54
You need a few more posts for the PM facility to start working. Five in total I believe.
Thanks Geoff. I didnt realise that so will have to rack up my quota I guess. I will reply to his ad in the ad then...if I can do that

struth
06-05-2017, 14:54
Should have enough now

aertex
06-05-2017, 15:10
yes you could be right Grant....and whats this Struth?? Sounds very Aussie slang to me!

martian sunrise
06-05-2017, 15:11
Freo (Dockers!) and Busso hey! Thats incredible. Well, you know where Bunbury is then, I'm sure. SE London is a far cry from sunny west coast OZ-what took you to UK? I have a niece form Sydney living and working in London somewhere-not sure where
I came here about 16 years ago (actually, 16 years tomorrow! Wow) doing the standard travelling thing. Ended up liking the pace and staying. I still get home quite a bit, but spend most of my time sown south. The wife and I both love yallingup/Margaret river.

struth
06-05-2017, 15:20
yes you could be right Grant....and whats this Struth?? Sounds very Aussie slang to me!

struth mate, cant someone have a silly name?:D Nickname from the great old Rangers manager Bill Struth

aertex
06-05-2017, 16:16
the story sounds familiar. My niece seems to be about 2.5yrs into what could bea similar story. She is in London right now. Yallingup and Margs are hard to beat. My wife and I (and kids when younger and at home) go down there when we can. Its about a bit over an hour away as you know. Go well, cheers Alan

aertex
06-05-2017, 16:17
struth mate, cant someone have a silly name?:D Nickname from the great old Rangers manager Bill Struth
I'm just lovin that nickname...Aussie or not :lol:

struth
06-05-2017, 16:22
I'm just lovin that nickname...Aussie or not :lol:

Sold my mf a1000 to an aussie. He came and got it and in broad aussie said at door when i opened it. STRUTH!! :lol:

Guy he was with didnt know my name and gave him a row for being cheeky :ner:

aertex
06-05-2017, 16:29
yes...us Aussies can be so introverted at times. And we dont mind the Poms either!. My mother and her family are all English-mainly from around Blackpool,although that goes back many decades ago now. I have never been to UK but would love to one day, just one day

struth
06-05-2017, 16:34
Best do it before we go down the toilet. Dont forget to visit Scotland :D

walpurgis
06-05-2017, 17:26
Dont forget to visit Scotland :D

He wants to come back alive Grant! :D

aertex
07-05-2017, 01:51
Best do it before we go down the toilet. Dont forget to visit Scotland :D

Grant, you must be making some reference to Brexit perhaps? Nothing to do with the Ashes hey?

Those Scots are not a bad bunch really are they??? I work with 2 here in Oz and its just fine.....as long as you dont call them English:steam:

struth
07-05-2017, 09:24
like all races, they are a mixed bunch;) pretty friendly tho. i dont follow cricket so no idea who is on top although its often the Aussies.