PDA

View Full Version : Wanted CD Recorder

Psion770
13-01-2010, 18:09
Hi i have about 500LPs to Digitise I am looking for a reasonably decent CD Recorder am sick of EBay and its nonsense can you help

Beechwoods
13-01-2010, 18:16
Can I suggest you consider a solid-state recorder, such as the Tascam DR-1 or DR-07, the Zoom Q3 or Edirol R-09?

Solid state (compact flash) recording is easier than recording to CD, and these recorders support 24 bit as well as 16 bit, with 44.1 and higher sample rates. I have a pro-level Tascam HD-P2 compact flash recorder which I use for analogue transfers and have been immensely satisfied with it. The cheaper alternatives just trade some of the pro-frills (like timecode and balanced inputs) for a price which is extremely competitive.

You should be able to find a new CF recorder for less than £150 if you shop around.

I tidy up my recordings on my computer and can burn to CD from there. But more often than not I leave the high-bitrate transfers and listen to them directly on my computer or digital audio player (I have a Cowon iAudio X5L).

Hope this helps.

Spectral Morn
13-01-2010, 18:31
Hi i have about 500LPs to Digitise I am looking for a reasonably decent CD Recorder am sick of EBay and its nonsense can you help

Yamaha HDR 1300, 1500 (older models) or 1600. CD recorder/player, HDD recorder, digital to analogue converter, analogue to digital converter. This is an excellent unit, I have and use one so I recommend it a lot. However £600 is what they cost new, but if you hunt around you should be able to get one for less...oh yes 2 year warranty as well :)

Regards D S D L

bonneville
13-01-2010, 19:17
Hi I have a Sharpe DVHR 300 DVD recorder with a 80 gb hard drive .I bought this from the Wigwam forum for £75 it is in mint condition boxed with manual and remote control.
Pm if interested
Vinnie

Bialykot
13-01-2010, 22:11
Hi Psion770

Agree with DalekSupreme. The Yamaha CDR models were designed as audiophile recorders with excellent 24/96 DACs and ADCs (ie you can also record analogue signals - eg LP in very high quality). I've got the CDR1300 with 80GB hard drive (I think). The next vesrions were essentially the same with bigger drives (but you can swap the drives very easily and increase capacity at a low price - instructions in the manual - the cost of a hard disk is peanuts these days). Mine is in excellent/new condition and has been used sparsely mainly to make high quality CDs for the car and to make compilations on the hard drive. I'm actually looking to sell this so if you're interested, please email me and we can discuss a price that's suitable. Have the instruction manual and remote but if I remember correctly I think my wife chucked the box out during a tidy up (sacrilege!) but I can pack up securely so don't worry about that. Look up the reviews of this unit on the web and you'll get a feel for the quality - I found it excellent in terms of sound quality. The stored sound is essentially a bit copy and uncompressed.

Spectral Morn
13-01-2010, 22:25
Hi Psion770

Agree with DalekSupreme. The Yamaha CDR models were designed as audiophile recorders with excellent 24/96 DACs and ADCs (ie you can also record analogue signals - eg LP in very high quality). I've got the CDR1300 with 80GB hard drive (I think). The next vesrions were essentially the same with bigger drives (but you can swap the drives very easily and increase capacity at a low price - instructions in the manual - the cost of a hard disk is peanuts these days). Mine is in excellent/new condition and has been used sparsely mainly to make high quality CDs for the car and to make compilations on the hard drive. I'm actually looking to sell this so if you're interested, please email me and we can discuss a price that's suitable. Have the instruction manual and remote but if I remember correctly I think my wife chucked the box out during a tidy up (sacrilege!) but I can pack up securely so don't worry about that. Look up the reviews of this unit on the web and you'll get a feel for the quality - I found it excellent in terms of sound quality. The stored sound is essentially a bit copy and uncompressed.

Hi Welcome to AOS.

Could you please pop into the welcome section and say hello. Tell us a wee bit about yourself, music you like, audio gear you have etc. We also like to use first names on AOS as it leads we believe to a more friendly forum..so can you add that to/or make that your signature please. Oh yes and a basic location too.

Same goes for Psion770 too please.

Regards D S D L

snapper
14-01-2010, 00:11
Hi Welcome to AOS.

Could you please pop into the welcome section and say hello.
Same goes for Psion770 too please.

Regards D S D L

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4701

Spectral Morn
14-01-2010, 00:21
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4701

Ah thanks David...missed that one from Psion770 :doh:

Regards D S D L

Themis
14-01-2010, 09:57
If you have a PC or MAC laptop, I would suggest a Taskam US-144MKII. ;)

If you prefer a CD recorder, then I would suggest a TEAC CDRW880.

Also, some interesting reading : http://internetarchive.wordpress.com/2008/06/19/how-to-digitize-a-lp/

Stratmangler
14-01-2010, 16:06
This (http://www.emu.com/products/product.asp?category=610&subcategory=611&product=15186) works on PC or Mac and is very good ! I have one, and it's very simple to use.

Chris:)

Psion770
14-01-2010, 16:17
I've never used a forum before and am extremely impressed with the quality of the discussions and the supportive nature of the replies so thanks for the advice and timely responses and I have some research to do before I make a final decision - regards to all who responded so quickly Thanks Martyn.

Themis
14-01-2010, 16:36
This (http://www.emu.com/products/product.asp?category=610&subcategory=611&product=15186) works on PC or Mac and is very good ! I have one, and it's very simple to use.

Chris:)+1 for the EMU 0202, too.