PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Lentek Integrated Amplifier

southall-1998
24-04-2017, 20:41
I feel the time, is getting closer to try one of these.

I'm looking for a good operating, and fully functional example. I'm willing to pay £350-430 max.

Funds will become available in 3 weeks. Happy to send over a small deposit, via bank transfer.

If the seller travels all over the country. Please feel free to bring the Lentek over. Will be happy paying for the petrol journey. (I don't drive).

I'm based in Torquay, Devon.

Thanks.

S.

Arkless Electronics
24-04-2017, 20:48
Beware. There's a potentially dodgy one around. Someone on pfm enquired about having one fixed which "sort of works" after his pal had been messing with it. This was about 3 weeks ago. I said I could fix it but the fact that someone else had messed with it would put the price up. I heard nothing back;)

southall-1998
24-04-2017, 20:54
His pal must be rather thick headed!

S.

Dandy
25-04-2017, 09:15
I think Jez is referring to a request I made to him about my broken Lentek. I didn't describe it as "sort of works" in fact the phrase I used is "it powers up ok now, but one channel has a transistor that gets hot, so he is not confident that it is stable". I certainly wouldn't offer it for sale in its current state. Shane, I'm not sure why you refer to my friend as thick-headed?

Dandy
25-04-2017, 10:51
This is where I bought it:
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?29949-LENTEK-vintage-amplifier-for-sale-instruction-manual-and-original-purchase-reciept

I PM'ed "jamesie" when I received it and plugged it in and it had a thumping through the speakers. Never got a reply from him and he's not been back on here since :(

Marco
25-04-2017, 11:14
Hi Dave,

Firstly, if you wish, I could try and contact the member concerned on your behalf, via email, and advise you of any response. Or, since the Lentek is a rather rare item, and you'll be lucky to find one again in such good physical condition, why not simply have it repaired?

There are plenty of folks here qualified to do so, and upon inspection, the fault may be cheaply and easily fixed. Just a thought, mate :)

Marco.

struth
25-04-2017, 11:20
This is where I bought it:
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?29949-LENTEK-vintage-amplifier-for-sale-instruction-manual-and-original-purchase-reciept

I PM'ed "jamesie" when I received it and plugged it in and it had a thumping through the speakers. Never got a reply from him and he's not been back on here since :(

He sold a barrowload of gear so maybe has given up the hobby

Marco
25-04-2017, 11:41
Doesn't excuse him from selling something that was faulty though, unless it was damaged in transit.

Marco.

Dandy
25-04-2017, 11:47
Thanks Marco, much appreciated. It was a long time ago and the price he was asking was lower than market I think, I put it down to experience.
Like you say they are a rare item worth being repaired, and I have contacted Jez with that view.

struth
25-04-2017, 11:48
Doesn't excuse him from selling something that was faulty though, unless it was damaged in transit.

Marco.

No it doesnt, if thats whats happened, and he did initially say it had or it was thought it had an issue. I was just saying if he has given up on the audio then he may well just not be interested in coming back for any reason.
He might not be monitoring his inbox etc.
Its a rarish amp and a good one so either way i,d get it fixed, but i would prefer the guy responded and perhaps paid for repair. But inevitably it is buyer beware

Arkless Electronics
25-04-2017, 12:31
I think Jez is referring to a request I made to him about my broken Lentek. I didn't describe it as "sort of works" in fact the phrase I used is "it powers up ok now, but one channel has a transistor that gets hot, so he is not confident that it is stable". I certainly wouldn't offer it for sale in its current state. Shane, I'm not sure why you refer to my friend as thick-headed?

I just got your email Dave. Well I reckon "sort of works" paraphrases it well enough! Not knowing you "from Adam" I had no idea if you would sell it on with the fault, get it fixed, sell it cheap with an acknowledgement of the fault or what. One does hear only to often of a rogue unit doing the rounds and since these are not thick on the ground I thought it worth mentioning to Shane. I'll reply to your email shortly.

Dandy
25-04-2017, 12:47
Thanks Jez. You were taking my point the wrong way, my paraphrasing would be "still knackered" :)

southall-1998
25-04-2017, 13:16

Sorry about that, Dave. Was getting the incorrect impression in my mind.

S.

Dandy
25-04-2017, 15:09
Sorry about that, Dave. Was getting the incorrect impression in my mind.

S.

No Problem. All my friend did was identify and replace like-for-like all components that did not measure correctly - wasn't a hatchet job :)

oldius
25-04-2017, 16:17
Dave I have got those schematics in my bag. I'll get them to you asap.
Mine is fully serviced but there is still a small switch on and switch off thump. Nothing to worry about whatsoever though .

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Idlewithnodrive
25-04-2017, 17:36
Pleased that you're getting this fixed, as you really won't find anything comparable in terms of SQ for the money.

Dandy
25-04-2017, 17:42
Thanks guys! Sorry for misusing your thread, anyone got one of these for sale for Shane? (Bump)

southall-1998
25-04-2017, 17:53
Thanks guys! Sorry for misusing your thread, anyone got one of these for sale for Shane? (Bump)

Don't worry about it, Dave. I'll probably be 60, by the time I source a Lentek ;)

hifinutt
25-04-2017, 19:51
hopefully not , on the lookout for one but not seen any !!:)

struth
25-04-2017, 20:09
was it 500 made? bound to be some come up if i see one i will post it:D

southall-1998
25-04-2017, 20:16
Couple of them sold earlier this year on ebay.

S.

southall-1998
26-04-2017, 14:56
BUMP

If failing to source a Lentek. I'll also consider a powerful ''Sony ES'' integrated amp.

S.

southall-1998
26-04-2017, 16:23
Decided to go for a Roksan.

Thanks chaps.

S.