PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Copenhagen

Riislingen
11-01-2010, 12:22
Hi to all,

My name is Mikkel located in the Nordics, more precisely Copenhagen - Denmark.

I´ve been lurking on these fine pages for a while and decided it was time to get more involved :eyebrows:

I´ll post a thread in the "Galleries" section shortly of my stuff.

I´ve been an on/off audiophile for some 15 years and decided is was time to get back in about 2 years ago. This meant starting all over:

- Getting new equipment from the ground up
- Starting up with turntable and re-acquiring all those records again :rolleyes:
- Experimenting, experimenting, experimenting...does it ever stop ?

I´m mostly into Jazz (Freeform/Bob stuff), Prog, 60/70´s rock and to some extent vocal and folk. Opera gets a frequent spin as well.

Anyway, happy to join and looking forward to meeting all you good people.

All the best and happy new year to all of you.

/M

Haselsh1
11-01-2010, 13:51
Welcome Mikkel. I share your passion for jazz and prog. You're very welcome.

Spectral Morn
11-01-2010, 14:25
Welcome to the forum...enjoy and have fun.

Regards D S D L

Riislingen
11-01-2010, 17:46
Thank you both gentlemen :)

hifinutt
11-01-2010, 17:57
yes, great to have you
i also love prog rock amonst other genres

Themis
11-01-2010, 18:48
Another prog lover ! Welcome to AoS ! :)

The Grand Wazoo
11-01-2010, 19:43
Hi Mikkel,
Welcome to the Art of Sound. I was saying here the other day, how I like your city.

Riislingen
11-01-2010, 19:51
Thanks guys, happy to be here !

Chris: Thank you, I like it a lot as well - been living here for the past 18 years or so.

Spectral Morn
11-01-2010, 20:58
Been to Denmark once (7 years ago) to visit the Jamo factory in the north. Nice people, food etc...I really enjoyed myself.

Regards D S D L

Themis
11-01-2010, 21:22
What is the typical food in Denmark ?

Beechwoods
11-01-2010, 21:25
Welcome Mikkel, pleased to meet you! Enjoy yourself and get stuck in!

Riislingen
11-01-2010, 21:49
@Beechwoods - thank you, I´ll do my very best.

@Dalek - That´s in the northern part of Sealand now I guess (not sure though) I know Jamo very well but never actually owned a pair of their speakers myself. It appears they have actually managed to revive their brand and products over the past couple of years.

@Themis - good question. These days most of the food is so heavily influenced by world cuisine, French and Italian. Not sure what the guys are referring to when they say "good/nice food". traditional Danish food is crispy Pork chops, pickled red cabbage, Raw marinated herring, fried meat balls, pickled cucumbers, smoked ham etc. very scandinavian. Obviously fish is great as we are surrounded by water :eek:

Themis
12-01-2010, 10:07
traditional Danish food is crispy Pork chops, pickled red cabbage, Raw marinated herring, fried meat balls, pickled cucumbers, smoked ham etc. very scandinavian. Obviously fish is great as we are surrounded by water :eek:
Sounds really nice. Just the thought of "marinated herring" makes me feeling hungry ! :)

Riislingen
12-01-2010, 10:12
Sounds really nice. Just the thought of "marinated herring" makes me feeling hungry ! :)

Makes sense, you being Greek and all :eyebrows:

I´m kind of getting kind hungry myself now...

The Grand Wazoo
12-01-2010, 10:26
On my three visits to Copenhagen over the years, I can't help noticing that Greek & Turkish food is pretty prominent on the streets!

Riislingen
12-01-2010, 10:48
On my three visits to Copenhagen over the years, I can't help noticing that Greek & Turkish food is pretty prominent on the streets!

As far as the Greek places go, I don´t think there are any more than in other parts of the world..Turkish places are quite widespread though, mostly due to the fact that we invited a fair amount of Turkish immigrants here in the 60´s - as I´m sure a lot of other Western European countries did. They then decided to settle here after the gold rush and put up shops and businesses accordingly.

Let me know if you are going again, I´ll give you a few hints on great places or take you to lunch.

The Grand Wazoo
12-01-2010, 11:37
I hope you understand that I don't have a problem with Greek & Turkish food - in fact I regularly hoover it up in large quantities! - both home cooked & from the better restaurants I know.
As for Danish food, I like your breakfasts.........and your beer!

Thanks for the offer, I'll bear it in mind the next time I'm over - though that's not on the cards in the foreseeable future.

Riislingen
12-01-2010, 11:48
Hi Chris,

Sure I understand, I didn´t interpret it like that at all :)

I too enjoy ethnic cooking to great extend.

Regarding the beer I feel just the opposite - I guess it´s the usual stuff, spawned by the "too much of a good thing" concept. I usually prefer anything but Danish beer - it´s not bad at all though.

Alex_UK
12-01-2010, 17:13
Hi Mikkel - welcome aboard, and enjoy.