cd player - talk electronics thunder 6

speakers - decware radial rl-3

mmar
10-01-2010, 23:20
better pics of the amps with my second player a bow wizard

jandl100
11-01-2010, 08:40
Nice pics, Mick. :)

How are you finding the Bow CDP's sonic signature? Said to be bold & forthright!

I must admit that I fancied those speakers myself - perhaps I should have gone for them - they were not that far from me ... so maybe when you come to sell 'em on ... ;)

mmar
11-01-2010, 12:39
hi jerry the bow sounds as good as it looks its a very accurate musically involving player that puts you right in the front row of recordings but not in an analitical way , instruments and voices are superbly reproduced with real timber and body floated in there own locked down space in an amazingly relalistic 3d soundstage it also does the rare trick of pulling out micro details from recordings without distracting from the main musical passages of recordings which generally becomes very tiresome and frustrating , up with the best digital front ends i have heard , with reff to general tone it is a perfectly neutral player best way to describe it to you is the bow sounds to lesser players how the cary monos did to other valve amps i owned if that makes any sence !

as for the decware speakers ive owned them for coming up over 6 months so a record for me of late as you know jerry that speaks volumes , they really are very good as we know no speaker is perfect but the decwares do so much right and very little wrong !