PDA

View Full Version : Kicked into touch

tapid
11-04-2017, 06:33
Okay, having had great success when purchasing a minty Lenco gl75 last year, I bought another one minus plinth on ebay to either just use
as a back up and also maybe to learn a thing or 2. Well, one thing I did learn was its not a great idea to clumsily put yer size 12 s ( 7 s) into
one of the bricks it was balanced on and knock the thing flying ! ( yeah, nice one Bri ) Actually it only fell a few inches and I thought it would be okay, but no I've
not heard a dicky from the motor since. All a bit of a shame because it was sounding even better than my plinthed 75. Anyway, its difficult to see what the problem
could be, i m guessing its something inside ( motor ) thats been damaged ?. If its any help I will try and get my daughter to assist me with a photo or 2 later.
In the meantime any response would be appreciated. Many thanks for looking.

tapid
01-05-2017, 07:42
Good news, motor fixed ! Kinda talking to myself, but never mind !

struth
01-05-2017, 07:44
what was wrong with motor?

Firebottle
01-05-2017, 08:25
Good news, motor fixed ! Kinda talking to myself, but never mind !

Generally get good answers that way :eyebrows:, but we are listening really.

Glad it's running :)

Audio Al
01-05-2017, 09:16
Who perches a tt on a pile of bricks :scratch:

Oh you do ! :lol:

mikeyb
01-05-2017, 09:52
I know a few digital devices that have been 'bricked' but never a Turntable 😁

tapid
01-05-2017, 11:50
Bit of a wiring problem Grant, I think, guy fixed it in a few min s ( Don on this forum). Well, there s a famous long thread on audiogon forum where the chappie
left his lenco 75 on bricks for month s and the sound just blew him away, so he said.! . To me with no plinth to vibrate through the system it kinda makes sense.
In fact I Wonder sometimes if these heavy plinths people make are superior to no plinth s at all ? Just thinking like ? Anyway I've since placed T/T on doubled up expensive
hrs feet, bought from audio consultants sometime ago, and thrilled with the result paired with my new mayware t/ arm ( decca cart) purchased from Paul ( Monty} on this forum
Bloody bricks with hi fi how cheap am I ?.

struth
01-05-2017, 11:54
Bit of a wiring problem Grant, I think, guy fixed it in a few min s ( Don on this forum). Well, there s a famous long thread on audiogon forum where the chappie
left his lenco 75 on bricks for month s and the sound just blew him away, so he said.! . To me with no plinth to vibrate through the system it kinda makes sense.
In fact I Wonder sometimes if these heavy plinths people make are superior to no plinth s at all ? Just thinking like ? Anyway I've since placed T/T on doubled up expensive
hrs feet, bought from audio consultants sometime ago, and thrilled with the result paired with my new mayware t/ arm ( decca cart) purchased from Paul ( Monty} on this forum
Bloody bricks with hi fi how cheap am I ?.

Hope they are audiophile bricks or you,ll get banned :ner:

tapid
01-05-2017, 12:21
Top notch mate. Trouble is me back wall s collapsed now!!!