PDA

View Full Version : Hello from sunny Langley British Columbia!

I wish...
07-04-2017, 17:47
Hello, I would like to introduce myself to the forum. My name is Marc and I live on the wet coast of Canada. I am a vintage enthusiast, I collect mid century designs and love all things "hi-fi".
My current set up includes the Sansui Eight (not deluxe) with speaker relays, a pair of lovely 12" Tannoy monitor golds and a, constantly revolving (no pun intented) turntable that is at the moment a Rek O Kut b12h.

walpurgis
08-04-2017, 08:17
Hi Marc. Welcome to AOS.

We love vintage gear. There's a huge following here.

Classic Tannoys are used by many of us. Myself included.

Tell what music you listen to and if you have any further plans for your system.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
08-04-2017, 08:27
Hi Marc. Nice to have another Canadian.. hope you enjoy the forum

Barry
10-04-2017, 18:34
Welcome to AoS Marc,

Yes, we love 'vintage ' here; in fact virtually all of my gear is vintage!

Some of us would love to see some photos of your Rec-O-Kut turntable.

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

I wish...
12-04-2017, 21:50
Welcome to AoS Marc,

Yes, we love 'vintage ' here; in fact virtually all of my gear is vintage!

Some of us would love to see some photos of your Rec-O-Kut turntable.

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

Here is a photo and a video of it playing a Dave Brubek "take 5" in mono.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEZUOihrKfs

I wish...
12-04-2017, 21:51
Thanks Grant!

I wish...
12-04-2017, 21:59
Thanks for the welcome Geoff, I listen to Jazz as well as the "standards" from the pop world, y'know Adele, Paul Simon, The Cars, Blondie, Elvis Costello. At the moment I am loving a Blue Note reissue of "The Sidewinder" by Lee Morgan. Its my current favourite!

I am waiting on a Thorend td124 to arrive in the mail and will be mounting the rek o kut arm on it for a while as I build a plinth for the ROK as it currently is in a "briefcase" for some old school wedding DJing I imagine. I also just the other day aquired a nice old Magnavox 9302 with the stock el84/6bq5 tubes all testing at or above new. Really remarkable.
I posted a video ((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEZUOihrKfs)) of the Rek O Kut doing great with my Sansui Eight and the tannoys.

thanks again

Marc

walpurgis
12-04-2017, 22:26
I posted a video ((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEZUOihrKfs)) of the Rek O Kut doing great with my Sansui Eight and the tannoys.

Marc

Very good. I like that! :)

petrat
14-04-2017, 10:09
Lovely turntable, and good choice of bintage gear in general.
Welcome, Marc ... if I had my time again, I'd probably choose to live in your part of the world btw :D

I wish...
14-04-2017, 18:01
Lovely turntable, and good choice of bintage gear in general.
Welcome, Marc ... if I had my time again, I'd probably choose to live in your part of the world btw :D

Thanks Petrat! Yeah the BC coast is lovely but its all perspective, the lack of a solid sense of culture surrounding a relativley
young city makes it feel a bit two dimensional socially if you know what I mean. The natural world however is really outstanding.